Slaying for Unreported Damage- CAN WE JUST STOP!(TTT)

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by SuperDJD, Apr 29, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperDJD

SuperDJD Member

Sometimes I misclick my gun and hit someone for like 16hp. Sometimes I hit a guy with my crowbar because he won't move. This is a game so shooting someone by accident doesn't really have any real life consciquences, and most of the time the player who was shot doesnt care. So why are admins and Mods reporting for them? Why are they slaying me for this? Are they Bored? Do they Hate me? Can we stop this?

I know this sounds salty, and it is just a game. But I hate waiting out slays for meaningless shit.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. dawildcat

dawildcat VIP

ever heard of a search bar?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. beyblade informant

beyblade informant Banned VIP

Accidental RDM is still RDM read the rules for more information.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah, it's annoying, it takes away from the server environment when half the map get slain for like 10 damage, unfortunately the Mods aren't trusted to have discretion to make basic decisions about what to slay for or not for unfortunately it won't change.

Sucks I know.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

In a game like TTT, all the health you can get seriously matters if you want to stay alive. Most guns will rob you of over 20 hp on a single hit, and the guns that don't aren't used very often. If you are already missing 20 hp, you are going to be devastated when someone comes around and gives you one shotgun blast aren't you? People like to say that unreported damage doesn't matter and that it is just the moderators and admins out to get them. It's not that at all, and most of the time I choose not to report anything under 20 damage (as there is a threshold) as I feel like anything under that amount is almost always purely accidental. I am not in the business of slaying people who really don't need to be slain. Other moderators and admins have different philosophies. Some of them would rather continue to report the entire server for the 1 hp scuffle that took place when yall were playing with a barrel. At the end of the day, maybe you should be more careful with your crowbar swings, and try to limit the accidental misfires, as that is what the unreported damage reports are trying to teach you. This is not a game where you can just randomly fire at people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

To be honest, it's quite easy to get discretion for cases of minor R.D.M like this. I find it a little odd as well but unfortunately moderators have to follow protocol unless they get discretion.

7. Savage-nyan

Savage-nyan i.imgur.com/44Z8Hwc.png VIP

Well, I'm pretty sure nobody wants people to randomly shoot everyone and just say it's a mislick or that it was an accident and get away with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Moved to suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kemal

Kemal VIP Emerald

Except there are exceptions (5 second grace period, crossfire). Why can't there be a grace damage threshold for like 5-10 hitpoints. If the damaged player kills the person it isn't rdm and it is rdm if a player actually kills a person who was at 5 health.

10. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

@Pacifist has covered most of the points in regards to the gameplay affects of minor damage.

However, I'd also like to point out - very few players actually report damage that would otherwise remain unreported. Most players don't know how to figure out who shot them, and only end up reporting people who actually kill them. Sometimes they ask in admin chat who shot them and we give them that info and they report the player. But that isn't often, and most people actually "care" when they get randomly damaged as a T - when they should care if they get randomly damaged in any role.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. beyblade informant

beyblade informant Banned VIP

In the extended rules it states the following:
    Accidental RDM and Forgiveness: "...Moderators are not subject to using discretion, and therefore cannot choose to undo your slay for forgiveness. This is something that is exclusive to Administrators, unless an admin gives permission to the moderator."

While there may be exception, which are mentioned in the extended rules, mods generally follow the rules and sometimes ask their admins for discretion in specific cases.

12. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

There is. Moderators can choose to not slay for unreported damage under 20.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

We can choose not to pursue a slay (create a report). If a player reports someone for randomly going damage to them, and that damage happens to be less than 20hp, we have to investigate / punish.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.