SL8 is big whack

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Birddog6, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

not just lame

but ultra mega lame

• Agree x 8
    • Dumb x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with all this information you're giving me man, calm down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

4. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

It's been OP for years upon years and I have a right to complain about it god damn it

5. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

6. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Think of all the guns that can one-shot headshot (not including shotguns or deagle-type weapons): AWP, Barret, HKSL8, M14, M24, PSG, and the Rifle. The only guns on that list that don't have downtime after firing are the HKSL8 and the M14; however, the M14 is easily outmatched by the HK-- the HK has a scope and is more accurate.

The HKSL8 is literally the Colt on crack. HK + Colt is an unbeatable combo in most situations.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

this man speaking facts

if u use sl8 u a big bitch

@Highwon i will balance your weapons for you please for the love of god, change the goddamn gun

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

sounds like somebody had a bad day

9. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

umm no -1 your mad and bad

• Like Like x 1
  10. SL8 is like AK in vanilla, extremelly fucking broken

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yellow

Yellow VIP

nerf ak nerf sl8 amd then the game gets fun again

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. tz-

no one can make the argument "mad cuz bad" unless you have a 80% hs ratio on the server, till then you must use logic and reasoning or you're bad at this game and smooth brain

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yellow

Yellow VIP

my hs ratio is bad cuz i push ppl of the map alot :(

14. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

I'm a big fan of cost vs benefit when it comes to games and weapon balancing

IE you get a machine gun, but the recoil is fucking ridiculous and the reload time is extremely long, etc

Higher damage, higher recoil, higher rate of fire, lower damage, that sort of thing. Makes each weapon choice predicated on the act that you have to use it in a situation, and also prevents stagnant weapon choices.

Enter- the SL8. A semi-automatic scope rifle with no fault of shooting from the hip. From across the map, I can achieve an effective grouping the same I would from the hip, as I would scoped, along with a lengthy magazine, an instant-headshot, and well-managed recoil. So what's the downside? There isn't one, from what I can tell. I can see the appeal. If it was suppressed, it would probably be the only weapon people would use in the game. In fact, I hardly see any reason to have the SVU in the game when we have this death machine for people to use instead.

Like, come the FUCK on. Weapons are constantly balanced, and every, and I mean EVERY game I play, the SL8 is bitched and moaned about.

All in all:

staff plz come on guyz plz

• Like Like x 1
  15. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I went from hating the SL8 to thinking it’s at a good place where it is now.

a few years ago it was really broken and missing your shots didn’t even have any consequences. I think now, you can miss your shots and easily be gunned down by competent Innos. Sometimes it hits me that I’m not John Wick and players with automatic weapons remind me of that

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

The firerate could use a nerf, honestly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

shut up, why do u do this
    SNITCH!

18. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

hello as an avid sl8 user for many years, you sir, are fake news

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. tz-

you're just like trump

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

Okay, one of my old bosses said that complaints are useless without suggestions. So here are a few of mine for balancing the SL8 (not altogether or all at once, just some ideas which I'm sure have been mentioned or talked about before).

In no particular order, some ideas:

• Reducing fire rate
    • Hip fire reduced accuracy
    • Slower movement speed while using it
    • Smaller magazine
    • Increase muzzle gas dispersion

• Like Like x 2