Denied SinisterSpoon's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by change my name, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    SinisterSpoon
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    So basically rhino took a screenshot of me inadvertently ghosting. I didn't really think much of it at the time because I'm not normally looking out for what i do wrong on eu1. I kind of just mess around cause you know. That's what you do to have fun, but i guess fun has changed nowadays. I can see how I was ghosting now I would like to say that I had no idea it was ghosting. I was banned recently for ghosting in which is pretty much the same situation. I just ended up messaging rhino saying "js he's gba" because in my opinion he should of been killed for not shooting at the T it was kind of just my way of saying you're an idiot for not killing him for being GBA and thought nothing of it. But now I'm banned?. Like I said this is the second time I've been banned for INADVERTENTLY ghosting and to make it a global ban is quite dramatic don't you think? I mean I am sorry that i did this i didn't do it to ruin anyone's game or break the rules on purpose because i think its funny and the thing is is it really even ruining anyone's game if i do do it?. Like I legit sent one message and it didn't even cause the T I was talking about any trouble. I know that that isn't why i was banned and it doesn't matter how many times i did it but come on its just a game that cant be taken that seriously especially with the hit boxes and weapon balancing. I did it cause I was just being a critic on how people play on eu1 cause u know. People who play eu1 clearly don't play as competitively as I do sometimes. Its a bad habit of me to get riled up at video games and as I've stopped trying to complain about weapon balancing I've become more of a complainer about people and teammates in general.
    In summary it was a shitty mistake that I did and I just don't want to be global banned on the only server i play on. Its really shitty to be honest. I mean the only game i really play on is gmod and the only game in gmod i really play is TTT because i find it fun. Basically what I'm asking is just don't global me It was a silly mistake I did and from now on I've pretty much decided on never using !p because it makes it really easy for me to accidentally ghost.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I am not innocent. I am simply apologizing. <3​

2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I'll be here in a bit.

3. Acnologia

I'll be handling your appeal this evening. Let's go into the details so as to not waste time, I know you're anxious to know why you've been banned for ghosting despite believing you were in the right.

First off, let's answer some of the stuff you've mentioned in the OP.

You could've said that after the round had ended. No real reason to do that mid-round.

You ghosted, that's a serious offense on these servers. We don't take using means of playing the game in such a way that one side has advantage over the other lightly. And as such, in recent changes to protocol, all second offenses (and above) of hacking and ghosting have been made compulsory to be globalised.

It's still a game regardless, doesn't matter. You're saying it'd be alright if you were hacking or ghosting in a game of Call of Duty or Counter Strike: Global Offensive? The latter has bans as well, and those types of bans can end up making your history looking bad forever. Atleast with the ones on here, it's just on "a game that can't be taken that seriously" ey?

o_O It's the same game, doesn't really matter which server. It's not a competitve game, that's for sure. It's more of a way to have fun.

Anyways, moving onto the evidence. Here's the snippet of the in-game chat that Rhinoceros sent in regards to the ban being appealed right now.

[​IMG]

You said : "just saying, emil.gavia is gba :p"

Now, let's go over the definition of ghosting according to these servers:

[​IMG]

I've underlined the parts which are crucial to this appeal in red lines.

I'll explain how you ghosted briefly:

The boy/man named Rhinoceros was merely going about his business, witnessing a few traitorous acts that he didn't know in which he could've killed them. You, SinisterSpoon, provided him with a hint to that one of the players, emil. gavia, was Guilty by Association. If you hadn't, maybe Rhinoceros would've not killed him and the game would've gone on normally. But since you did, you provided Rhinoceros with unfair information which he could use to his advantage. That's how you ghosted.

As for unbanning you, I may consider it. Although I will not remove the ban completely, only shorten it down to a month, tops. That's if you promise not to do this again. Will you comply?

4. "You ghosted, that's a serious offense on these servers. We don't take using means of playing the game in such a way that one side has advantage over the other lightly. And as such, in recent changes to protocol, all second offenses (and above) of hacking and ghosting have been made compulsory to be globalized"

You ghosted that's a serious offense. My dude I accidentally sent a message to someone that didn't affect the game at all. I didn't get caught with class A fucking drugs in my car. In fact this is legit less serious than a report against me for an itchy trigger finger and shooting someone for 10 damage.

"I know that that isn't why i was banned and it doesn't matter how many times i did it but come on its just a game that cant be taken that seriously especially with the hit boxes and weapon balancing."
    "It's still a game regardless, doesn't matter. You're saying it'd be alright if you were hacking or ghosting in a game of Call of Duty or Counter Strike: Global Offensive? The latter has bans as well, and those types of bans can end up making your history looking bad forever. At least with the ones on here, it's just on "a game that can't be taken that seriously" ey?"

Contradicting my point there a bit aren't ya? I said its a game inside a game. Its a goddamn mini game that's how UN-serious it is. Just because I nearly affected one round of it which would of taken of literally no time from the game anyway and one guy would of been killed by me, my message even tho I was basically just giving rhino a fucking tip but fuck me for telling him what you can do to save time and your life in this mini game right? Also my point of hit-boxes and weapon balancing you ignored. Also hacking is much more serious isn't it? Especially in a game that has fucking relevance like cod and the whole it can affect me for forever if i was to hack on cod and the "ey?" why do you think you're so fucking slick. I mean the whole "ey" is just stupid in my opinion and saying how it can affect me forever like I said its a fucking game i wasn't caught with class A drugs in my car and this isn't going down on any fucking criminal record. I wont even be playing games in the future, maybe here and there but not properly. also if you were to "ghost" in any other game then trust me, it would not be going down on my fucking vac bans pal.

"People who play eu1 clearly don't play as competitively as I do sometimes."
    "o_O It's the same game, doesn't really matter which server. It's not a competitive game, that's for sure. It's more of a way to have fun."

This is just. Just stupid. If i was to compare it to irl "It doesn't matter if you grew up in a white privileged area or a town so full of crime you have to barricade your doors so you don't get robbed at gun point in the night. You still were caught with a bottle of alcohol underage." Its a different community. A community is everything in the server it can determine the competitiveness. It can determine the amount of staff you need there. It can determine the rules you need to put in place. So on and so on. Over-watch for example can be used to have fun on and also play competitively. Its the difference of ranked matches and un ranked matches. Its the difference of private game with a mate and bots and A full 6 man team staying up all night to rank up the leader boards.

A community. Effects. The game.

"The boy/man named Rhinoceros was merely going about his business, witnessing a few traitorous acts that he didn't know in which he could've killed them. You, SinisterSpoon, provided him with a hint to that one of the players, emil. gavia, was Guilty by Association. If you hadn't, maybe Rhinoceros would've not killed him and the game would've gone on normally. But since you did, you provided Rhinoceros with unfair information which he could use to his advantage. That's how you ghosted."

Uhhm The game did go on normally? (emil wasn't killed) Oh right you weren't there meaning you're just assuming. That's cool. Also why is that ghosting? Its like giving your mate advice when hes on your team but your dead. Its completely fucking legit. Its like saying oh yeah if u use this like this you can kill that guy when you are out of the game.It isnt like saying oh by the way this is were they are on the map precisely. Its just a tip on how to play the game better. So in my opinion that should not be classed as ghosting at all. But what do I know I'm not the one that is apparently an expert. No you aren't an expert. You just simply got the basic definition of ghosting and said hey he did this!. Can you imagine how many people would be wrongly imprisoned if this was a thing? Like each case has its own gimmick. So when you are handling them maybe take your time to think about things.

"As for unbanning you, I may consider it. Although I will not remove the ban completely, only shorten it down to a month, tops. That's if you promise not to do this again. Will you comply?"

"I may consider it" First off this was a stupid report that should not have been a thing in the first place. Second off "That's if you promise not to do this again" I'm sorry but you aren't superior to me in anyway. You aren't my father my teacher my boss. Non of it. Third off. It was an accident. I have already apologized and said this wont be happening again as I wont be using !p from now on. So yes I have already "promised" not to do it again so what? Do you just want me to say it so you can act like I was in the wrong. Well I wont. If I'm banned for 1month I might as-well be banned for 2. In my opinion any ban time for something like this is ridiculous. Staffing is just a volunteering thing and I appreciate that you take your time to do this but don't act like you are #1 Above players #2 Very important #3 allowed to do whatever tf you want without thinking about possible things you may be doing wrong.
    Take your time on reports and listen to both sides of the story. It would make you a better mod and a better person.

Finally "Will you comply" Do. I. Fuck.

If i have seemed aggressive in this report its because I'm pissed off. If I have offended you in this response i apologize, take it on the chin "ey?"

You better take a good amount of time reading this through this. Shit took me along time. I didn't just write a few paragraphs debunking what you said or type "report dealt with" or kneel down and say "yes i comply". I made sure to include my opinion and state when I was using it. I made sure to show you how you can improve. So since you are a staff and "superior" I sure hope you write a good response to this because I sure as hell made what I think is a good response to yours.

P.s.
    I don't mean to offend you with this response. Genuinely.

5. Acnologia

I don't consider myself superior to anyone. Truth be told, I consider myself below everyone else here, doesn't matter if regular, staff or ex-staff.

I gave you a chance. You blew it.
    This is on you.

Appeal: Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.