Shutdown

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, Oct 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Highwon

Highwon Owner Gold VIP

Dear players and community,

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that from today, October 22rd, 2018, SGM will be entering a pre-shutdown time period, which will last around a year.

We've contemplated this decision a lot, and while it pains us very much to do so, we have reached the conclusion that as it stands currently, SGM can no longer sustain itself in the longer run. With Opalium stepping down from his role of co-owner, our available manpower is shrinking to the point it cannot sustain itself anymore. Therefore, we decided to initiate this process and provide the players and the community with a proper closure instead of dragging you forever through the unknown.

The shutdown process will be done gradually over the next year, until around the end of 2019.
    • Starting tomorrow, October 23rd, 2018, yearly rank purchasing will be disabled, and players will not be able to purchase them anymore. This includes the MVP (TTT), Platinum (Deathrun) and Legendary (Global) ranks. Existing yearly ranks will continue to function normally, but expired ones will no longer be renewed.
    • Over the next year, SGM will be entering maintenance mode. This means that for this time period, no new content updates nor seasonal events will be developed or ran. The servers will continue to run as usual and will receive bug fixes and important updates, but no more than that.
    • Around one month before the actual shutdown, we will be entering the final shutdown stage. During this time, we will gradually begin to shut down our game servers based on their activity. Less active servers will be shut down first, while the more active ones will remain for longer.
    • Finally, on the final day, we will finish shutting down all of our game servers. Our website will remain online for a long period of time and might eventually shut down as well.

Notes:
    • Our staff team will continue to work as usual during the shutdown period. The servers and forums will continue to be staffed, and players will still be able to send in staff applications. Mod, Admin and Lead promotions will continue to happen as usual. However, it is possible that in the more advanced stages, the number of staff slots will be reduced to fit the reduced server count.
    • Existing premium ranks will not be refunded even with the planned shutdown. SGM will continue to run for a while and you will have the chance to use them in full.

We would like to take a moment to thank all of you - the players, staff and various members of SGM throughout its five years - for taking part in this amazing project and journey. We hope you have enjoyed your time here in SGM and that you have made many great memories and friendships. SGM has always been a place dedicated to its people - and we are very glad that we had the chance to serve you for the last five years.
    Take care, and thank you for sticking with us until the end.

For any questions, feel free to create a thread in our Q&A section or to message one of the staff members.

Best regards, and thank you for being here,
    -Highwon and the SGM team

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    • Friendly x 46
    • Dislike x 12
    • Winner x 7
    • Dumb x 6
    • Old x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome VIP Silver

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about this, as you probably have a lot. While I may be leaving, I will still do my best to answer them all.

Lots of love :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Drunk Dog

Drunk Dog i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

fuck ya

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Snowy Cowcakes❄

Snowy Cowcakes❄ Platinum VIP

why the fuck on the day im making a farewell

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Whoa

6. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

told ya

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Timo654

Timo654 +1 my mod app VIP Silver

:(

8. MiGGo

MiGGo coolgamer VIP

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. Still feels super weird to see this post

• Agree Agree x 22
  9. TrinityBlade⚔️

TrinityBlade⚔️ When I go, I'm never coming back. Administrator VIP

ok

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Dis is so sad, Alexa, you know the drill :'(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Red Dex Ru-demption

Red Dex Ru-demption SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod Banned VIP Emerald

• Like Like x 1
  12. damn it really do be like that sometimes

real talk im glad i became staff here- i made some good friends and now we chill everyday. idk where i wouldve went or how it wouldve been if i never applied. all the memes, the drama (dumb and funny), the stress. i guess it was kinda worth it. sucks that its ending the way it is but i mean its had a good run imo. hope all goes well and goodluck to everyone

@Highwon now we have more time for siege

lets get this bread

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. Administrator VIP

RIP :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Only thing I can do in high stress situations like this
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

End of an era. Had fun while I was here for sure

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

Hey we are officially on the last bits of life support, a long time coming, to be fair.

17. pekka26

pekka26 YO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Moderator VIP

Big rip but I will keep the great memories that I've gathered whilest playing with all the great people on here :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

Can we unban 1/11 now

• Funny x 11
    • Agree x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  19. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Am very glad I managed to make it to my own 5 year anniversary here.

Didn't always agree on stuff with you Highwon but I have had fantastic memories here!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MoonSlice

MoonSlice VIP

lmfao fucking rip. feelsbadman

• Agree Agree x 1