Answered Shutdown: Content release?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by DirkyJerky, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Although the closure is still hundreds of days away, I have a question for my curiosity and those of others:

Upon the closure of the servers, will the server-side scripts and creative content be released to the public? SGM has accumulated a lot of map-specific fixes and such server-side, as well as a whole lot of awesome custom content.

Such script information would be very useful for any other TTT servers in general, and the custom content would let old players setup similar servers for nostalgic purposes, or potentially to create a new set of servers to fill the gaping void that will exist.

I understand that releasing this content could open it up for creative rights abuses by other less morally-driven server communities, so that would complicate the decision.

2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Hmm. My immediate assumption is that he wouldn't, but he might be willing to. I suppose if all the code is unique to SGM (such as none of the code would leak details about his personal / work life due to mixing them) then there really is no harm.

3. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I'll tag @Highwon to let you know possibly.

4. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Oh, hey this thread is still open.

With the cancellation of the shutdown this resolved itself.
    Now that SGM will stay up and running, our custom content will not released publicly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.