Shoutbox suggestion

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Hongo, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Change the color of the text in the shoutbox (like, while you're typing a message in shoutbox) to white, like here in a forum post.

Black on dark-grey is very hard to see, sometimes I can't really tell what I'm typing there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I agree, it's especially difficult to see what I'm typing in shoutbox on mobile.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

The textcolor in the input box is the same as the color you chose for your messages. You can change it in the color selection menu next to the other edit buttons.

This way you can preview and test your selection before sending a message.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Before the background used to be yellow and it was impossible to see. With this, we can see what our text looks like when it will be posted to the shoutbox.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

he isn't even talking about the background tho

he's talking about default text colour, or preview colour at least.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. My Dime Is Up

Yeah I know. I didn't clarify it enough but the text color lets us see what it will look like when we post it. I see no reason to change it to white.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Can you show us what you mean? For me, the color of the text I'm putting into the box is exactly the same as how it appears after I send it. If the color is hard to see then that means the person chose a bad color.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

yeah I was just trying to reword his question, my preview colour is also the colour I use in sb

9. Hongo

Hongo VIP

nnnnno. you literally can't; that's why I made this post in the first place.

10. Hongo

Hongo VIP

When typing in shoutbox, your text appears as black and you have to click away to turn it white, to preview how it looks instead of just, having it be white the whole time.

11. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Basically I'm saying it should be white by default, while typing, instead of it being black text while typing because that's hard to see.

Changing the text color does work, but it should just be better by default instead of having to change stuff as that is more user friendly.

12. My Dime Is Up

I think everyone is confused including me. Isn't it already like this?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Okay, this is something that literally does not happen for me. What is going on here? I think something's wrong on your end.

14. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Maybe he needs to change text colour to something else, might have bugged somehow

15. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Does being A VIP / rank change default text color? Because me, as a normal user, have black text in shoutbox while typing

16. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

[​IMG]

my preview is the same as the one i picked, try to change your colour and see what happens.

17. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Before I select a color, by default (I'd never changed text color before) it was black.

black shouldn't be the default because its hard to see.

18. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

At least on mobile, typing into the shoutbox suuuucks. Here's a pic demonstrating how the color selected (white) does not match the color I am typing in.
    Screenshot_20190128-095805_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190128-095816_Chrome.jpg
    [/SPOILED]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hongo

Hongo VIP

@Sticky Bandit

Yes. That's exactly how it looks for me by default.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 2