Should you play Valorant?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Silent Rebel, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hello! So...if you feel like playing a mix between CSGO and Overwatch or CSGO and Paladins, then go for it. Currently i haven't had any issues with the anticheat, *except* that every time you close the anti cheat, you have to restart your computer before being able to play again. So far, nothing bad has happened.

3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

An anticheat program disguised as malware/virus wouldn't show any obvious symptoms, that's the whole point of hiding it in an anticheat. I'm not downloading until i get more information

4. Fair enough. Personally, i don't think twitch would partner with someone who actively spreads malware, but...then again nvm. I won't blame anyone for stuff i haven't seen, but my gut feeling says there has been a bit of shady business in the past with Twitch, so who knows?

5. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

They've done their own article on their website, at first it was concerning to me. But, maybe it's naive stupidity, I don't really have a problem with it. Nor am I scared of it. During closed beta so many people came out with videos talking about vanguard, a lot said you should and a lot said you shouldn't. Personally I kept Valorant in closed beta and I am keeping it now. It's up to the player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

You're installing a game from Tencent with an anti-cheat that has full root permissions.

That's a hard pass.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I personally wouldnt get it. First of all, I already have csgo and overwatch. Those games don't really blend well. Secondly, the anti-cheat. Finally, every time there's a new hero/whatever they call it, it's overpowered as hell. And by the time they fix it, it's extremely underpowered. Hard pass from me dawg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

I've played both cs and overwatch and I'm pretty good at both. I can say that valorant is just as fun if not more than those two. Idk if you're talking about overwatch with the hero stuff but that's probably not going to be the case with valorant