Should buying T be removed?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Yellow, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Should it be removed?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. Yes

20.4%
  2. No

65.3%
  3. Other solution (please comment)

14.3%
  1. Yellow

Yellow VIP

In my opinion being able to buy traitor is the worst thing on this server right now. Why? Because if a couple people buy it the innocents per traitor ratio gets fucked and all of a sudden it is 3 innos for 1 traitor. This makes the game way to easy for traitors. It isn't fun for either the traitors or the innocents. For innocents it isn't fun because they get rolled and for traitors it isn't fun because they get 2 kills per person and win. This is why I think the option to buy traitor should be removed, or atleast make the donator discount not work on it. What do you think?

another argument:
    Some people don't buy traitor because they have the same opinion as me. If 2 people buy traitor on their traitor round it isnt fun to wait another 4 rounds because someone with an AK bought traitor and got 9 kills and ended the game.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Having 6 Detectives roaming around when nobody bought T isn't fun either...

Maybe something like: you can only buy it once a hour of gameplay

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ice Bear

Ice Bear Member

please remove it its gay

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I think vanilla was doing just fine without us being able to buy Detectives or Traitors. Maybe only add it during events so you can test and buy traitor / detective items such as health station, silence pistol etc

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

I dont mind the option of buying T, but it does feel really bad when like 6 people buy it in a round. Id like to see the number of extra Ts be limited based on the number of players though. Maybe something like 0 bought Ts for 1-12 players, 1 bought T for 13-24 players, and 2 bought Ts for 25-36+ players. Still keep the limit of once per map and if more than the limit bought T in a round, just randomly select who gets it, maybe with a preferred weight on people who havent bought T in a while if thats possible.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  6. Xerp

Xerp VIP

im pretty sure you can buy T only once in a map (6-7 rounds). the ratio is only upset when more people coincidentally buy it in the same round

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

I’d be more in favor of somehow instituting a limit, such as no more than 2 per round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yellow

Yellow VIP

The problem is 2 is already to much imo because instead of 6 T's in a 24player game it's 8 T's already making the ratio 1 T for 3 innos

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

and the drop from 1/4 to 1/3 ratio is that significant? i wholeheartedly agree with roy here. it's better than having no limit, it's permitted number won't effect game play very much.

that is, i don't think it's big enough of a problem to warrant a change. but if you were to change it, i reckon what roy outlined would be best.

10. food

food VIP

Xerp is correct, you can only buy it once a map.
    Personally I've never seen more than 3 people buy it per round, but that's anecdotal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

That's the whole purpose of buying T...to gain an advantage. Now y'all asking to give it limitations? Don't you people want a little spice in the game? Ouuu 3 traitors bought T, lets see if we can win this round. Consider it a challenge rather than a nuisance and this will better your gameplay and excite you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

No, it shouldn't

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

No, it shouldn't

14. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

just remove it for @Rice and Chicken and everything is fixed

the fucker is t first round of every map and I can't kill him until he does some dumb shit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The only people who buy traitor are those who still take ttt seriously. Yall know you are playing a game that came out ten years ago right? I don't give a fuck what role I am put in, the only thing that brings me joy anymore is watching complete noobs be oblivious to dumb shit that happens right in front of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

You're treating this like it's some seriously game-breaking feature. 3 people buy traitor? Either the round ends quickly or it lasts a normal length of time. If it ends quickly, so what? The round is over and you're already onto the next round. It's just ttt, relax and try to have fun with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

To be honest, I only buy traitor if my traitor round was ruined by someone or if I want to get more kills.

4 people buy traitor + no fun for most traitors + fast round + no delay = I'm happy :ROFLMAO:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

rdm him, then you dont need to worry

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Let’s be honest. I like it when i’m inno and more people buy T. It means i’m more likely to see some action, and more likely to put a bullet in @j3kawesome ’s head.

But i can also see how it would be frustrating for some when they are heavily outnumbered, but that’s sometimes the fun. How often are you gonna be able to coordinate 9 people buying T? It hilarious, and then it’s over in 45 seconds.

20. Tony Danza

Tony Danza Regular Member

I find buying T to be the only source of fun if you're on an unlucky inno grind and haven't gotten T in over 2+ maps then it's definitely a saving grace.

• Agree Agree x 1