Answered Shooting at a prop that a player Carries = T baiting?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Voca, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

The reason I take this question up is due ot an event from last Night.

Player A picks up the Gaben Radio and runs out of the barn with it, Player B (With me as Player B) Follows and shoots at the radio with intent to destroy it, Player A doesnt mind me shooting at the Radio at all and I keep following and shooting at it until both Player A and B reach the entrance to the door that leads from the barn area to the tunnel. Player B finally managed to destroy the Radio, stops shooting and then walks back, to afterwards getting gunned down by Player A, who then claims T baiting.

I report them and the report goes through as Invalid, even though I was never shooting towards any players or even close to shooting Player A. All I was doing was trying to destroy the Radio that another player carried.

Which made me think of other Scenarios where you can apparently kill someone for T baiting.
    Lets say:
    Scenario 1:
    Player A carries a Crate towards other players, Player B shoots the Crate till it breaks cause they want to prevent any sort of PropKilling. In this case it can apparently be T baiting and you can get killed for ensuring that someone isnt hurling props at others.

Scenario 2:
    (This is a thing I have seen often) Player A is carrying a Solid normal Barrel, Player B is Bored and walks up to Player A and starts shooting the Barrel out of boredom. - I have never seen anyone calling T baiting on that.

But if what I have experienced, is actually T baiting, then now we know you can kill a player for shooting at props that another player carries o.o

Sorry for the long post.. I mainly just want other Staffs Opinion on this topic.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

The player is carrying the prop, therefore, being in close range. It's t-baiting since essentially because you're hitting something that is in close proximity to someone and a slight shift of the mouse can end up killing the carrier. The shots must be in the general direction of the player however, not directly upwards or downwards or in the opposite direction, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Voca

If you can see that the person is shooting the props from a direction where even if the carrier moves the prop, he isnt in danger of getting shot. Then I wouldnt say that the general direction is towards or at players, but the general direction is the prop.

4. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

I mean thats what T baiting comes down to, while you might "know" someone is not trying to shoot you but just around you, someone else might not. As long as someone shoots towards your general direction it is T baiting, no matter what they are hitting, props make no difference. Obviously you do not have to kill for it but others can if they think other guy is putting lives in danger.

However naturally if Im holding a chair and someone jumps on it and then shoots directly down, that is not T baiting etc.

5. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

I agree with the others, i consider that as t baiting for Example:
    let's say someone tries to shoot you but hits the prop you're carrying he can re-adjust and shoot you again which doesn't really make sense.
    If i was at that same situation i would have done the same and kill him.

As Jassa said shooting down is a different story.

6. Voca

Yeah I can understand if it is instantly Acted upon as T baiting, but the problem I see that the Scenario I spoke of, was an Incident where Player A knew I was shooting at the Radio, as I was doing it for 10-15 seconds. But first decided to kill me after I successfully destroyed the Radio. Player A Used the T baiting as an excuse to kill me for destroying the radio he carried. As I had already called out Via Voice that I was going to destroy the Radio.

Where in an honest T bait situation you would kill the player as soon as they T bait, and not wait 15 seconds until they have destroyed the thing you were holding dear.

Im just Concerned that T baiting will be used as an excuse to Blatantly kill someone when in this Situation Player A was already aware I was shooting the radio and not him.

7. Normie

Normie VIP

In my opinion both of these are considered T Baiting.

The rules clearly state the following;
    [​IMG]

So, by shooting towards a player - you are T Baiting. When shooting directly up (To the roof) or directly down (To the ground) with no players in range to be damaged, this is not T Baiting, when shooting towards players it is, therefore essentially if your shooting a prop which is being carried by a player, your T Baiting as your shooting in the general direction of other players.

Yes, to be honest what I did last night was a dick move - wait till the box was broken but you were still T Baiting - No matter how long you T Bait for, as long as someone is T Baiting you can kill them for it.

The scenario you described at first between us is still counted as T Baiting, whether you called it out or not you shot in the direction of myself and as soon as the radio broke I killed you, yes because you destroyed the radio but I had the right to kill you as technically you were T Baiting when the radio was destroyed - think of it as overlooking a T Bait until an action has taken place which annoys you. It doesn't matter whether the prop can be broken or not, shooting at the prop being carried by a player is still considered T Baiting.

and to be honest, whether you were shooting the radio or myself, it's still considered T Baiting no matter how clear you made it, the rules clearly state "Shooting towards other players" and by shooting the radio *which was in front of me* when you were behind me meant you were shooting towards my direction, rightfully giving me the right to kill you when T Baiting and waiting till the radio was destroyed was a dick move but didn't stop the right for me to kill you, you still shot towards me - it's not like I left it 30 seconds AFTER the radio was destroyed to kill you, I did it instantly because you had just destroyed the radio, every shot you take towards a player restarts that T Baiting timer.

*If that makes any sense lmao*

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  8. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

It's okay to ask, don't worry about it.
    It's better to ask than act on your own and end up breaking a rule. If in the future you have any other questions or anything really add, ask or inform a higher up.

If this can't be done feel free to do a thread like this.

9. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Acno hit the nail on the head.

Answered.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Voca

Yeah I know what T baiting is, I just never considered shooting a prop that someone is carrying as T baiting =.= Cause very few people act upon it as t baiting o.o And this is exactly why Im concerned xD Even though you knew my motive, you still chose to kill me cause you could, which is why Im afraid that this thing with T baiting can be used as an excuse to do something that in other situations could be considered RDM

I was running alongside you and shooting the radio from the side, exactly because I didnt want to be in a situation where I could have shot you by accident. I didnt run behind you, more like to the left side of you and a little behind o.o

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.