Denied Shadex's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Shadex, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadex

Shadex New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Shadex
    Your Steam ID:
    76561198137565353 | STEAM_0:1:88649812
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I've been playing on this server for a while and decided to hop on again after a long time. I then hit a lucky headshot on a player that was chasing me, that player said I was hacking since I was apparently aiming at the other guy. This was the only headshot I got the whole day.
    A few minutes later I was banned for hacking.
    Now I do realize why this might have looked suspicious to him as I did tell him that I have very high ping. I am not from the US and usually have above 200ping. I wanted to check my status in the console but that was when I was banned. I still provided a screenshot of my current ping in the server selector.​
    Evidence of Innocence:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  2. Shadex

Shadex New Member

3. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

Tagging @Voca to address your ban.

4. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I will bring our evidence, since I was the one who caught you hacking in the first place

5. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Have seen this, hold on while I gather the evidence

6. Voca

Okay so my own recording aside from danstorms recording, contains admin+ information, so I will be asking another admin+ to review legitimacy of my evidence.

Basically what I recorded of you, were you using no recoil with a Huge which is the weapon on our servers with the largest recoil.

Edit: So it didnt take long to edit my evidence as I thought, so I cut out the admin+ stuff

https://streamable.com/y1eg3t

https://streamable.com/47snp7

Added another clip that showed suspicion of no recoil due to how your aim doesnt flick when you shot witht the shotgun or pistol. I didnt count that clip as sufficient enough.

But its more as a stabilizer to say, that its not a client side issue while spectating.

7. Shadex

Shadex New Member

I've watched the recording a couple of times and I think it is quite odd that that warrants a Hacking Ban. I've been playing Gmod for well over 1000 hours now, and CSS for a good amount as well. After a while, you can get a hang of Huge recoil. I recorded a video on my private server with a huge which I can upload upon request. I haven't hacked on this server nor do I plan to, I am not sure as to how me shooting for 3 seconds without killing anyone warrants a Hacking Ban, but if you think that is justified I will respect the decision.
    Edit: With maxed out FOV Huge Visual recoil is considerably decreased. The Huge recoil velocity that makes your weapon go up also only kicks in after about 3 seconds of firing, before that point minimal recoil control is required.

8. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Im not a part of this, Put I will say.. In my 6k plus hours.. I still havent mastered recoil of the huge.

my bad if I get a warning, I know it might be warranted, if I get one.
    however will say I was present for his ban.

9. Shadex

Shadex New Member

I didn't say I mastered Huge recoil, I said I got a hang of it. As said in my comment after about 3-4 seconds of firing the actual recoil starts, which makes your gun go up, this recoil is very hard to counter, and if you look at the video I shot for about 1-2 seconds which is basically the same vertical recoil force as an m16.

10. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

11. Shadex

Shadex New Member

@danstorm in the video I hit one body shot and then either a head- or body shot which is blocked by the error. A ban for killing someone who was shooting me? Even if that would be counted as RDM it would only warrant 1 autoslay according to the rules.

12. Voca

To finish this up.
    We have had several staff looking over the 3 instances here, and its been agreed that this is a case of no recoil.
    What you say about the huge is simply not true, the recoil kicks in right away if anything it kicks in after a second max. Not sure if you got a script there, which reduces the starting recoil, but either way scripts that gives an unfair advantage ingame is still against the rules.
    The shotgun clip is more a stabiliser to show that its not a 1 time occurence that you lack recoil while shooting, I wouldnt ban off of that clip alone, but given the 2 other clips, its certainly useful.
    Danstorms clips is aside from the huge clip, the most deciding clip.
    Its nearly impossible to perfectly control the scout recoil to such perfection that it wont flick just an inch up when you shoot. Besides there would be no point in controlling scout recoil in the first place, cause the firerate is so low.

Its been concluded that your lack of recoil is due to either Hack or Scripts that lower them.

Appeal: Denied

If you have an issue with this conclusion, you can message me on Forums or Discord.
    Or hit up my Lead Admin Jabba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.