SGM Round-Robin Chess Tournament!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by BlueCore, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I'm against you, gg

2. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

All matches for the second round have finished! The results of each match has been put on the scoreboard thread, and the scoreboard itself has been updated to include the points awarded for Round Two.

Round Three matches will be posted soon!

3. BlueCore

Hello chess players, and happy new year! I hope you had a great break and enjoyed the Christmas season. Now that the new year has finally begun we can kick things where we left off! The Results for Round 3 have been made public on the Scoreboard, and Round 4 matches will be sent out to you all today!

Have a great 2017!

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. BlueCore

The forums were reset and so wink's and my message were deleted. So for those people who did not get a chance to see:

The chess tournament is currently on HOLD due to malicious activity from some of the individuals that were participating within it. As such I have to postpone the tournament until I can deal with these individuals and make sure the tournament can remain a clean one. In addition to all this, with the recent incident many participants in the tournament are now leaving the community - so I need some time to clarify which of these individuals will still participant in the tournament. Until this all is sorted the tournament is closed, but I hope to have these issues resolved by the weekend so next week can commence as usual.

In this case the schedule will remain the same, however there will only be nine matches instead of the original ten. Thank you for your understanding.

• Friendly x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. BlueCore

Hello participants,

I am happy to say that the chess tournament is back on schedule! Everything that had the tournament put on hold temporarily has been sorted and resolved.

The Scoreboard has been updated and the results from Round 4 have been posted.

Your matches for Round 5 will be given to you over the next few hours! Remember, you have until Friday night (the 20th) to complete your matches.

Good luck to all and thank you for your patience.​

6. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Is there any chance we would get the total amount of points everyone has :3

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BlueCore

Hi Hyper, could you clarify what you mean by your question? I am unsure as to what total amount of points refers to exactly. My apologies.

8. ForcaNL

ForcaNL New Member

9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. ForcaNL

ForcaNL New Member

11. BlueCore

Hello all chess participants. I've had a look through all of the matches played over last week and some of them were really impressive! I can honestly see huge improvement from most of the matches I saw in the first week - keep up the good work! As usual, the results for Round Five have been made public on the Scoreboard, as well as each match that was played in it.

Round Six matches will be out sometime today! Best of luck in the next round :D

12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Is it too late to enter :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BlueCore

I can put you into the roster starting next week if you'd like. If you're serious about participating message me privately when you can :)

Of course, it will be impossible for you to win one of the major prizes given the time frame but it's still good fun!

14. BlueCore

Hello again everyone! Another week, another round over. We are now past the two thirds mark of our tournament, and heading into the final few weeks.

This last week has separated that large tie we had and we now have one person who's just got half a foot ahead - and their name is Highwon! Let's make sure to bring down the house this week coming!

The results for Round Six have been made public on the Scoreboard, as well as each match that was played in it.

Round Seven matches will be out soon. Best of luck in the next round to come! :D

15. BlueCore

Hello again chess players!

We have now entered the final two weeks of the tournament, and it looks like we'll be going into some strong and intense battles to finish it off!

The results for Round Seven have been made public on the Scoreboard, as well as each match that was played in it.

Round Eight matches will be out soon so stay tuned! :D

16. BlueCore

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay as I have been waiting on a couple of games and some are still in progress for the moment. However, I have put all the available games up for Round 8 and have updated the Scoreboard.

We are now in our ninth and final week of the tournament, and the current victor is not that far out of reach! Will someone be able to dethrone him!

Your final matches will be posted within a few hours - because of the delay in getting them out you will have until 6pm, Sunday the 19th to complete them.

Best of luck to all :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. BlueCore

Hello all chess tournament participants!

The final matches have been played and given to me, and the tournament has reached its end - nearly.

I am now in the process of going through all 114 matches again to verify the result and scoring given, the validity of the matches, and that the time controls were accurate. I don't expect this to take more than a day.

Once everything has been confirmed, I will update the scoreboard with the final matches, and announce the winners of the tournament.

I will also announce any finalist matches that may need to be played if the highest scorers are tied.

Thank you all for participating in this tournament. It has been a pleasure to host to you all for the past three months, and I hope we can start another in the future!

Stay tuned for the results!

• Like Like x 2
  18. BlueCore

I have gone through each game and made sure that the final tallies were correct.

After collecting and verify all the scores, we have our chess tournament champion, and it is none other than;
    Highwon !

Highwon has clearly shown his impressive skills and knowledge in the art of chess, despite starting out not being too familiar with the game himself!

In second place we have an interesting outcome, as this position is currently tied by;
    ForcaNL and Rhienor !

There will be a special set of matches between ForcaNL and Rhienor, to decide who will take the 2nd and 3rd place prizes!

To everyone else who participated throughout the length of this tournament, I thank you deeply. To have such continued commitment to play each round, and continued support to keep the tournament going, has really made the process worthwhile. I hope that some of you found it fun and continue to look into chess and improve like I already can see so many of you doing! It has been a blast and I congratulate not just the winners, but everyone for seeing it through.

FINAL SCORES

Highwon -------------- 7.5

ForcaNL -------------- 6.5

Rhienor --------------- 6.5

Jassa ------------------- 6

videomaniac12 ------- 5.5

Secretagent733 ------ 5.5

BlueCore ------------- 5.5

Hyper ---------------- 5.5

MrBaked ------------ 4.5

Sage ------------------- 4

Obake-chan ----------- 3