Answered SGM passed onto another owner?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by NeverEnding, Oct 27, 2018.

?

Should SGM be passed on or shut down?

1. PASS IT ON

38 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. SHUT IT DOWN

30 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I'm saddened to hear about the news of Shutdown, it's been great playing with you guys but I wonder if there is any other alternative like passing the ownership of SGM to another owner or group to handle our SGM data,
    E.G. our Gameplay data/Points/Inventory/Etc. to another server so that no data loss will happen in the process.

It wouldn't be called a shutdown but a handover.

I'm kinda drunk while typing this so yeah.

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

You have to think about the other things that come with being an owner of a server.

You have to maintain it, keep it running paying for the bills. I can only imagine what highwon was paying for 7 40 slot servers. Most places are like 30c-1.50$ PER slot. It adds up.

The biggest problem I see is the donations getting fucked. Highwon would have to transfer everything over to someone else and it would just be a hassle.

And techically he did do that for opalium he probably allowed him to access his winscp (iirc that’s what it’s called) or something like that. That’s why highwon still had to deal with donation issues cause the money was all probably going to a connected bank account or evendirectly to his main account

3. just let it die, saving it is not worth

4. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

passing owners is an ugly path to a dwindling fate.

let it end with pride. it's only responsible to know when it's time to shutdown the servers.

5. dragon-beast

dragon-beast Supporter

it's hard to find good owners tbh

6. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

7. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

As trinity highlighted, a proper handover entails legal handover also, else Highwon may be liable for Anything which happens under a new owner, the paperwork for which is expensive.

8. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Then what happened from Mr. Serious to Highwon?

9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

it wasnt a business then it was just a server