1. Hello Guest! We'd like to invite you to join our Discord server. Join now and meet new people, discuss anything and everything, and have some fun with the community. All it takes is two clicks!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello, Guest!
SGM is celebrating its 5th Anniversary with a H.U.G.E. event, full of content and fun!
Join the party and help the community unlock new loot! Click HERE for more information.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the SGM Community forums, Guest!

We're glad to have you on board. Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to the community in our Introductions Forum? We'd love to get to know you!

If you're looking for information or help, please check out the New Users Guide where you can find all the details you need about our community, servers and the staff.

We hope you will enjoy your stay here in SGM! It's going to be fun.

SGM On Ice: Season's Beatings

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Opalium, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Owner Developer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

Season's Beatings

We heard your feedback. We promised to improve. And now we're delivering.

Christmas is over, and the holiday cheer is slowly fading away. The freezing weather, however, is still here, and all of our maps are still frozen solid. With no more presents to collect, no more holiday spirit, and too many snowballs left, the Terrorists are once again turning to their favorite pastime: Killing.

SGM On Ice: Season's Beatings is a new take on the event fun round, leaving behind the harmless Christmas presents collection for some merciless, action-soaked killing - just like we all love. Your harmless snowballs are no longer harmless, and death is once again a very possible option for the participants - so let's have some fun!

In Season's Beatings, your goal is simple: score as many points as you can by killing others. Your trusty snowballs now deal damage in addition to their push, and their physics have been tweaked to be more precise. The floor is still frozen solid and slippery, but after so many days of practice, the Terrorists have learned to handle it better, and you can now once again use the normal controls.
    The presents are gone, and your buffs will now come from killing others. The same 6 buffs remain, with some changes to fit them to the new theme:

Rapid Fire: Throw snowballs twice as fast - 15 seconds
    Super Speed: move twice as fast - 15 seconds
    Big Balls: Deal double damage and push players further away with your snowballs - 15 seconds
    Moon Jump: Jump extremely high for the duration and avoid any fall damage - 15 seconds
    Present shield: Receive 50% less damage and avoid being pushed - 10 seconds
    The Icepoon: One hit kill - single use.

Killing a player scores a point. Players will respawn after 5 seconds, so don't worry about dying. The goal is the same as before: get as many kills as you can and pass all the others! The first, second and third place will get their extra points as promised.

We hope this change will finally do justice to our event, and will make the last remaining days more fun for you all. We are aware our previous attempt did not match the expectations, and we hope this change will at least leave a good taste in everyone's mouth.
    Happy killing!

Have Fun!
    ~Opalium

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Owner Developer VIP Silver

In addition, with this update we also addressed the following issues:
    • Added a new Convar, sgm_sniper_legacymode. When enabled, it "reverses" most changes done to snipers rifles through the new base. It disables the new zoom mechanism, reverts to the old sensitivity, and also allows switching weapons when scoped in. Note however, that the bolt action mechanic and the balance changes will not change. To control automatic re-scoping, you should still use sgm_sniper_rescope.
      (the previous ConVar, sgm_sniper_enablezoom, was removed)
    • Rewrote the Intervention code and moved it onto the new sniper base as well. I also made a small change to the mechanic to make it easier to use (and code): the charge will now start as soon as you stand still for 0.5 seconds and will charge up as long as you are still, without you having to hold the attack button. This will hopefully make it more easy to use.
    • Upon many requests, reverted the Intervention and Dragunov crosshairs to their older variants.
    • Fixed snipers not having recoil.
    • Added another fix for the weapon unlock issues, which will hopefully be the last needed.

Once again, please remember to check this thread to see the rest of the issues we're aware of and are working on: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/wreck-the-halls-known-issues.46016/

Have fun. ;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. First!
    Also,rest in peace my good strafes...and practise for demoknight Team Fortress 2 strafing...I liked the slippery mechanic a lot:(

• Confusing Confusing x 3
  4. Flan

Flan Banned VIP

I did play it and i can say this one is x10 better

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer Legendary

fix the bug that causes the entire server to be lagged out and ill +1

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  6. Xerp

Xerp VIP

WOW YOU TOOK MY WORD TO ENABLE A AND D :eek:
    (maybe not my idea, but i requested you to enable a and d yesterday in shoutbox :3)
    BHOPPING MY WAY IN HOLD UP! :D

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. Orion

Orion H.U.G.E. Champion 2057 VIP

Oh... my... God...
    The FPS is so smooth now.
    This is the best thing ever.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Orion are you making trashy jokes...the bodies dont disappear...that gets so laggy you will regret saying its smooth

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Both the fire incendiary and ice poon are still locked for me after the update. I played a round of SGM on ice seasons beatings and bought the gift of sharing, no luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Confirming, icepoon and icendiary still not unlocked despite 10k event points

11. Smor

Smor VIP+

buff ak47

• Funny x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  12. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Jihad sounds please, I need my weeb sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Pacifist

Pacifist But not this time... Administrator VIP+ Bronze

I didn't even have to bug him either.

15. ekksdee

ekksdee wrath Legendary

This fun round is extremely enjoyable, thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

have the event items been fixed yet? or are you still busy fixing them? ive only been able to unlock 1 out of the 3 items with 28k event points

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.