SGM Minecraft Server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dapper Cracker, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Yeha but the problem with opal craft was that some people couldn’t play it and a lot of people had difficulties joining

2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Yes because modded Minecraft can be fairly demanding and we're a Gmod community

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Don’t know if this is sarcasm or not

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I mean i like the idea about it.

Here's the real reason why it died.

It was SUPER hyped up. SUPER HYPED UP. Like they announced it like a month ahead. We probably all expected like hypixel level shit (not really) but everything was made to be super fancy. In reality, we got a pretty average and decent survival vanilla block claim server.

Most people wanted factions, but I pushed for non-factions. I hate factions and PVP in Minecraft. It's fucking boring to me. I also pushed for modded, but people said no. (some said yes)

The factions people were disappointed that it was just survival. Some people tried to grief bases... others went on killing sprees. This ruined the fun for the people who just wanna chill and have fun.

Here's the thing though. Minecraft survival becomes extremely pointless when its a multiplayer world and people can destroy your shit if u don't claim it (u had limited claim blocks) so no one was going to do super insane projects. Because it was multiplayer, once you killed the dragon, found diamond. Had a full set of mending everything, it became pretty pointless to play other than to kill people or do stuff for "street cred"

In singleplayer minecraft, once you achieve this greatness you can literally say ok lol im gonna go dig out a whole chunk or something. More incentive to do big projects on singleplayer minecraft is cause its your world forever. Never gonna get wiped.

That's my theory though. But mainly minecraft was hyped up and when people found out how boring minecraft actually was, they left. Regular player count was about 3-6 people after about 2 months.
    OOF.

We could try again tbh.
    I was thinking of doing a whitelisted minecrafted server paid for by me accepting like 10 people on at a time.

Problem is I don't think people want vanilla minecraft. Look at what is popular on youtube. Go on other servers and see... Skyblock is no longer make a cobble generator and do challenges, make a cacti farm and sell stuff from sign shops... Its make a cobble generator but it also spawns all ores.... everyone gets free diamond blocks. Basically people just want easy entertainment. Skywars is doing good, bedwars, most minigames really. Factions are also really popular. We should have gone with that (though I wouldn't have played it. I just hate it. )

@Yall who are pushing for the server again, please give me a tour of your current minecraft world. I'd love to see it. Just saying, don't push for it if you won't play it on a regular...I feel like thats part of the mistake that caused SMC to die.

5. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

If I were setting up a Serious Minecraft, hmmmm, here's a few ideas off the top of my head,

Vanilla - Survival.

Factions, with two main, (Jabba's Angels / House of Lords). Have a planned out war between the two Lead Factions to keep things interesting.

Two worlds. One for each faction, friendly fire is turned off for each respective faction in their world. Nether/End are no-mans-land.

Land claims. You get more claim blocks as you play, so as long as you keep playing, you can build up claim blocks for your projects. You are maybe immune in your own claim.

Non PvPers can opt out of PvP with a certain item. Immune while it's in your inventory. Curse of Binding so it can't be removed and abused strategically.

A plethora of cool plugins, like, I dunno, just guessing here: MCMMO, Trading Cards, Jobs, SilkSpawners, Shops, NPCs, Item2Chat, ArmorStands, AuctionHouse, Lottery, MyWarp, ToolStats, XPKeeper, LandClaim, Lock, DiscordMC, AdvancedTimber, more.

But you know, I'm just spitballing.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  6. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

So was the Mandalorian and that did well. We need to just turn MrSerious into a itty witty baby

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

With minecraft's revival in 2019 I think this might work

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

I will find all you hackers yes

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

-1. MC would be fun. Problem is MC is limited to who knows the server, there is no "server browser". We would have a good player count, but dip down once we've played it enough and no new players will join unless some YouTuber happens to stumble upon the IP or you have a big sphere of influence. The player count isn't sustainable.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dapper Cracker

Dapper Cracker Silver Supporter

a modded server with a massive modpack like all the mods and a vanilla server would be great but they would have to be restarted every once in a while

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

There appears to be a clear trend here
    MINECRAFT MUST BECOME THE DESTINY OF SGM!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

It has been brought up quite a bit recently but IDK if modded is the best idea, it would take a lot more work to get players to join possibly already low numbers. It would be best to have vanilla+ maybe. still a +1 thought

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

There are many sites which you can browse for mc servers that many people use. Most servers I play have a voting system in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dapper Cracker

Dapper Cracker Silver Supporter

thats why u restart the server every so often

15. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

I love all these ideas they’re all amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tybe

Tybe VIP

+1 I like Jabba's idea of faction worlds.
    Perhaps there could be build off's or challenges pitted against the two factions sometimes on a small event world or at a closed off area at 0 , 0 or something to keep things from getting stale. And it doesn't have to be two worlds, could be that faction 1 could have the east and faction 2 could have the west of the overworld and in between at 0,0 is the warzone/event-zone. Friendly fire could be turned off if players are on their own factions land Dueling can still be a mutual agreement thing) but if they cross into the enemies faction land, it gets turned off and can freely be pvp'd by the enemy faction.

I've only played vanilla but I find it hard staying with one world to a certain point, so perhaps modded to the point of just extending gameplay past diamonds and mending as one person said. Large Community projects within factions could be a good way of extending lifespan. Always having a large goal to complete could help people stay a bit longer, as long as the goal can be reasonably completed of course. The first largescale community project could just be to build the capital city of one's respective faction a ways off from the war-zone/event-zone. and if the server gets popular and grows, you could get like members of staff or elected leaders to be mayors of branching villages/towns to populate more areas of their respective faction side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Minecraft will crash and burn like it did before. We need a third party faction of toxic ex staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Yeah that’s why we should do a faction server like Jabba suggested

19. Anarchy

Anarchy Member

+1

would be fun to do even if it doesn't work out or get massive. Never been a fan of factions but least it makes the game more interesting. Towny is also an option. More PVE but with war times with PVP enabled.

20. JynxtheMynx

JynxtheMynx So i’m sitting there, bbq sauce on my tiddies VIP

minecwaft pwease

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2