[SGM MC - Extended Rules] Q&A Clarifications

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by The Law, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

[Clarification Requests]
    What are we defining boosting as? and in which contexts does this apply? What are some specific examples?
    Are Minimap mods the only mods allowed now? If so, that doesn't seem right. Can you please post a list of known mods that have been approved.

Also, given the scarcity of content in the extended rules, I think it would be beneficial to update the extended rules with any meaningful clarifications that develop from this thread.

Others, please feel free to utilize this thread to ask additional questions that you feel require the need for further clarification.

2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

A main example we have of boosting is combat oriented. Anything that can be used to boost McMMO combat stats (unarmed, archery, etc) are absolutely prohibited due to the nutty benefits a user now has after no real challenge in gaining the levels. This is a reason why mod grinders from a spawner does not give you McMMO stats. Any grinders that are used to gain these stats will be considered boosting. Grinders that are used for the sole purpose of acquiring items are fine since you do not boost your McMMO stats. Or allowing you to be killed by another user over and over again and vice versa *boosting McMMO stats, though more slowly, while also unnecessarily boosting leader board stats*. This can apply to other McMMO stat areas, however it's more rare in these cases we believe. However many or few the cases are, controlling boosting allows people to not progress through the game so quickly as well as have a massive advantage over other users.

As of now we've only come to a decision on minimap mods that do not list out cave paths, or entities. We're more than happy to go over any other mods you have in question. However you should ask yourself "would I gain an advantage in regular vanilla minecraft with this mod?" You may say "yes" to the minimap mod while at the same time no due to the map the game already offers this is just a 24/7 map with depth. In any case, suggest mods and we'll go over them. It's a fresh list and it'll be fleshed out over time as these lists have been in the past so we're very open to discussion on these rules especially these two in particular.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I think a fair balance on what constitutes a grinder should be determined, as there are many different types.

I feel like any grinder that gives an unfair advantage over a mob(health, movement, or otherwise) should be prohibited for McMMO usage. This can range from sticking zombies in webs to damaging a zombie to half a heart with a water trap before finishing him off.

I feel like as long as a player fights the monsters on fair terms, they should be allowed to construct dark rooms with the intent spawning and fighting monsters dungeon style perfectly okay, for both items and McMMO stats. Any grinder that doesn't provide a combat advantage should be allowed imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. CorallocinB

I'd like to point out a very large change in our boosting rule to keep discussion on the rule on the right path. Feel free to discuss if you wish.

Explanation on the rule change can be found here.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. So, is the use of naturally spawned mob grinders allowed? (Pigmen and Iron golems) is it still allowed if you have them dying automatically to drop xp or drops? They can give you mcmmo levels if you kill them in combat though, but it's not really that easy to gain a lot of levels in a short amount of time though unless you let them gather in one spot for a while.

Maybe a rule against afk farming?That might help so the player isn't getting a lot of levels in a short amount of time from the number of mobs spawned. (I've noticed that naturally spawned mobs don't get wiped out from the entity reset or whatever it's called, as it only wipes out the ones from spawners.)

(Sorry if this gets posted twice or I have other replies that don't make sense, my power went out and so I'm having trouble loading the website on my phone)

6. CorallocinB

Your concerns were addressed I believe in the post above yours unless I am misunderstanding. The boosting rule only pertains to using alts or other players to be killed constantly to increase kill count and McMMO levels or exploiting insanely common items that would output a lot of McMMO xp (For example endstone gave out 100+ mining xp in the past before it was patched).

7. Oh, okay. I was just asking for some clarification if Afk mob farming or any way of mob grinding (even for mcmmo levels) was allowed as I don't think it was specifically stated in your reply. Sorry :p I might just not be seeing it

8. CorallocinB

Alright np so all of that is allowed. The only boosting that is not allowed is: farming other users for Kill counts + McMMO xp, and exploiting high McMMO xp rewards on extremely common items.

Grinders, afk farming, what have you, if it's not what I just stated it's 100% allowed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

So just trying to clarify things for myself here:
    1) AFK Fish grinders to increase MCMMO fishing stats + items
    3) AFK Pigman Farm to increase the various MCMMO combat stats
    4) AFK Acrobatics grinder to increase MCMMO acrobatics stats
    5) AFK excavation grinder to increase MCMMO excavation stats
    6) AFK mining grinder to increase MCMMO mining stats
    7) AFK tree grinder to increase MCMMO woodcutting stats
    8) AFK taming grinder (with mobs, not players) to increase MCMMO taming stats
    9) AFK crop grinder to increase MCMMO herbalism stats
    ... I think I covered most of them.
    So, all these are allowed, correct?

(Yes... I make AFK redstone machines to grind stats, money, and items; that's sorta my thing.)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  10. CorallocinB

Allowed.

Current examples of boosting:

- Player A has two accounts one main one alt. The main account constantly kills the alt account thus boosting the main account's kill count while gaining McMMO xp.
    - Player A has a friend Player B. Player B is killed constantly and willingly by Player A to boost Player A's kill count while gaining McMMO xp.
    - Player A finds this common item... let's say Endstone. It's the material that makes up the end and it's extremely common. Once Player A mines the endstone he sees that it gives more XP than diamonds! Player A uses endstone to boost his mining lvl because it's so common and the block is collectable. We know this clearly should not be a feature that exists and is exploiting the system due to how common it is, how much XP it gives, and the fact you can collect and place endstone that you mind to repeat the process compared to items of just as high XP output NOT being able to do that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.