SGM Leadership QNA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jabba the Slut, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

First of all, the voice spam thing is actually pretty reasonable. Like I said, I've been on several staff teams, starting in 2015, and I only recently got told that some people don't separate them out. I am not sure how you can describe that as a failure in being taught when even I, someone who knows the rules very well, who has been a staff member for a collective of two years at this point, don't even know. That being said, I believe not separating them out is the way to go. Idk anything about the 11 slays, so i'll let Jabba respond with that one. The detective thing was just my quick judgement on the sitaution, and honestly I don't see why you should let someone who tricked someone else be allowed to continue to do what they are doing without punishment, but the community doesn't support this logic and so I admit that it was my mistake and we moved on from it. Having a difference in opinion doesn't mean I don't know the rules, because in fairness it was never written in the rules in the first place.

First of all, I was not aware that there was a report that was handled by Jabba that involved her. Had I been made aware I would have stepped in and handled it, as that was the agreement I made with Jabba. Truth be told, I knew they were together before they started actually dating, and I had said that it was no big deal as Ashes was technically her admin, not Jabba. If there was a report that came to Jabba that involved her, I would step in and handle it. Furthermore, if Ashes were to resign, Juicy would be moved over to my team, either under one of my admins or under a discretionary team (until such time as she could be moved). Personally? I'll look over that report for bias real fast, and going forward i'll monitor the situation more closely.

We are trying to get that changed, but it is quite difficult as the one person we have to convince is the owner himself. Rules in the past were changed with little effort because often times Highwon either didn't notice that the rules were changed, or didn't seem to care much what lead admins did. I believe that in the current environment he is much more involved than he was previously. It has persisted for so long because i'm a coward who hasn't fought nearly as hard as I could have. I take that responsibility with me wherever I go.

This is not a question I can really answer. I believe that you would have to direct this question to him directly.

I mean, we were extremely lenient with cowcakes. I believe there were several times where he was almost demoted, and I remember being one of the people trying to prevent that from happening. Yes, extreme personalities exist on the staff team, and I welcome their opinions. It is why people like @dazza @Sticky Bandit @Woet haven't been demoted yet. I remember my days of being a rabble rouser, and I try to approach situations like that.

Be more specific? I don't understand what you mean by "properly trained." We have more or less not changed the way we handle trial mods in years, though I do agree that at times we promote too fast, and we should have more admin oversight.

Eh, i'm doing okay. I have pain in my balls right now so that sucks. Gamenight isn't happening this weekend cuz i'm busy. Maybe if @Jabba the Slut wants to run it? Probably not going to get a role.

I don't know what you are refering to, but I honestly change my mind on things because of indifference towards the position I hold. I'm not really hear to further my own agenda, but rather to listen to the community and the staff team and do what they want. I don't know what you mean about "not wanting my decisions to be public" as I created an entire thread to do just that. Personally? Idgaf if you report me, but I would rather avoid that as it is kind of pointless. I do enjoy handling things in private as i'm not one for theatrics. I'm more interested in coming to a resolution, at least when i'm not being a bone headed idiot.

Me and Jabba have been trying to get Mini events to be a thing. I'll let Jabba explain that more in detail as it is his idea. As far as content goes? We really don't have much say in the manner, which sucks because I could probably help with new gamemodes and things like that. The server shutdown was canceled because we had a surge of players. If the population continues to dwindle we may see this place eventually shutdown, though I think Highwon has realized that this is more or less a small community now, and that we are, for right now, just trying to get by with what we have. I'm sure new content will be added continuously when he has time. I know Highwon has some ideas, but i'm not sure exactly what I can share. For the last question, I believe it is a bit of both, though probably more so on the side of the Owner's opinion.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I looked that appeal over and saw the same thing, and that is why the person is unbanned. The problem here is that none of us are really all that good at spotting hacks consistently, and i'm not sure what we can really do to fix that problem. Personally? Having some form of anti cheat software would probably help, but I am not so sure Highwon wants to go that route. We can only continue to try to teach people what hacks look like, and use our best judgement. I prefer to wait until I have at least 5 different snaps to ban someone, but this is just me.

I have no idea. Yeah we revived it, but we are still working out the kinks. No.

:unsure:

Not really. At least, not for me. At times I find it difficult to decide on things, especially because i'm pretty neutral and indifferent. Though, for the most part I don't find this job to be overly difficult, just taxing.

Codes for the servers, maintains the server's stability, and pushes content. He also sets the rules and things like that on occasion. It is impossible to tell how often he does it, as he does not report to anyone, and so he may be doing it constantly or never and I wouldn't be able to say.

Jabba can respond to these if he wants to. Hopefully this answers all your questions. (I answered all of them up until this point btw)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Jabba the Slut

Yeah Pacifist covers the spam thing pretty well. It's how a LOT of us were trained. It makes sense that mic/chat spam would stack, we all pretty much agree with that, but we don't just enforce the rules we agree with. We'll be discussing it internally more at a later date, and we'll likely be taking the approach that they do stack for the future. As for the 11 slays thing, I haven't the slightest idea what you're referring to. Maybe someone can send us a message about that. We had some staff who would slay people who Mass RDM per the kill, and I certainly have given extra slays to a hacker before but nowhere near recently, not even as a Lead. We held a discussion back in December to make sure nobody was doing that. I'm a bit fuzzy on the detective slay topic, but I don't see any sense in slaying some guy for KOSing a Detective when some madlad actually follows it. Slay the madlad. @Old Staff, reapply so we you can teach us.

Juicy isn't directly under me, she's directly under Ashes. As Pacifist said above, Ashes deals with his mod, and if anybody wants Ashes dealt with for how he handles his mod, it goes through Pacifist instead of me. I assume you're referring to endorsement's appeal when you mention a report. I didn't answer it on behalf of Juicy, I placed the ban. It was my ban appeal. She gave the warning and kick, but I did the ban since I was the one with the evidence for it. (I was dead and she was alive.) It'd be just like if she slayed someone three times, then I dealt with the fourth RDM. The Mass RDM ban would be my ban, and I would deal with any appeal regarding it. Her only relevance to the appeal was being the victim of the harassment. (Also, Juicy and I were not dating at the time.)

This will be the main topic of the next Leadership Meeting we have with Highwon. Slurs are a detriment to the community and I've been against it since they changed it on July 13th. I've brought up several discussion among the staff since I was Moderator about the issue and have tried getting it reversed. We ARE trying to do something about it, and we will not back down without a fight during the meeting.

Highwon stepped back some time ago as far as being super involved with the day to day aspect of the community. This was when he had Opalium to keep a better eye on things, and take care of issues in his stead. I do wish he was more involved with us today, and I pester him almost every day about various issues and suggestions. We recently did get the hacking punishment buffed, as he was unaware first offense was a local ban. He also upped the ban to eight weeks for first offense after our continued complaints for making it harsher.

Let me dispel some of the assumptions made here. The discussion referenced is the handling of spam mentioned in the first question we answered. Cowcakes wasn't "immediately demoted" when the discussion began, nor at any point was I embarrassed. There was about a 50/50 split on how the people discussing it had been handling spam. Not one other person was demoted that day, so to say that Cowcakes was demoted over a minor disagreement is entirely inaccurate. Cowcakes received a suspension back in October for disrespecting another staff member. This behavior continued off and on for months. He refused to communicate with his team and other staff, was disrespectful to other staff members, and at times immature. He was almost demoted at the end of January after ignoring messages from Highwon, but we were lenient again. He ran out of chances. Voca was going to demote him with or without my help.

There have been a few promotions that seemed rushed to me, but they have put my doubts to rest with their performance. If you have specific people in mind or a specific situation, you can direct it to us or their Administrator.

We're doing our best to organize Game Nights, but life happens and it's a group effort. I'll try and get something going this weekend. As for a special role, I wouldn't count on it. This has been suggested many times before and denied every time. Highwon isn't interested, and personally I don't see a need for it.

What the fuck Pacifist? We're not allowed to change our minds! Joking aside, people make mistakes and come to new conclusions. Pacifist explains himself above well nough.

I have a collection of Mini Events I'm working on, I've shared it with a few people. Nothing is set in stone, I'm taking criticism and suggestions. Hit me up if you want to see my ideas. We meant to cover the Mini Events in our last Leadership Meeting but ran out of time, it is on the agenda for our next one. There isn't much Pacifist or myself can do to prevent a shutdown if Highwon opts for it. We can just continue doing our best to repop the servers and giving our players a reason to return. I'd say it'd be a mix of both for the last question. Even if a suggestion has good community support, Highwon may decide it doesn't fit his vision for the servers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Jabba the Slut

So the evidence provided in the appeal was not the full evidence, but even still, upon reviewing my additional evidence Pacifist agreed that the ban should be lifted. So Abdullah's ban was lifted and voided. Staff members, including myself, are human. We make mistakes, that is the very reason we have an appeals forum. We upload all evidence for Hacking bans into a storage. This keeps us accountable to all our other staff members.

@Predated We're trying to get them going again. @Predated

Pacifist is objectively cooler than me, did you see the video of him ice-skating? He's one badass individual.

I wouldn't say it is difficult. I come to most decisions pretty easily. The hardest part would be dealing with backlash. A lot of people only see the mistakes and judge us solely on what we do wrong. People are more quick to give negative feedback than positive.

He wonders why the hell I bother him so much, that's for sure. He does a lot of things behind the curtain, he handles the money and all the technical aspects. I want to try and learn some of the development side of things and hopefully become decent enough to help Highwon out in that area. He's a busy guy, he has a life just like the rest of us. He also handles us when we've been naughty, or if we need help with something.

Honestly? We don't get enough applicants to be anal about timezones or to support a day/night/peak structure. We work with what we got. I wish we had the playercounts and applicants to make such a thing possible.

Yeah, I did some cleaning through suggestions recently. The ones with no responses are just me not wanting to grave-dig them just to say they were denied for various reasons. The ones I closed were for one or more of the following reasons. 1. The file size for the model was too large. (20MB+) 2. The model was removed from their download location. 3. The model being suggested was previously suggested and denied. 4. The model received a large amount criticism. 5. The model didn't fit our servers. (Cartoony/Anime. Highwon doesn't like anime.)

As for maps, we look at the from time to time, but not so much recently. I have been looking for new maps to introduce to the Vanilla rotation, as it is a most popular server these days. In regards to Deathrun, I actually did ask Nathan to comb through the suggestions and find the good ones, as well as close any that might have already been rejected or implemented.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Jabba the Slut

We're gonna need more people to buy Legendary before we can start cloning our Moderators.

Please keep being a good noodle.

This depends on a lot of things. How many slots do we have? How badly do we need those slots filled? How many applicants do we have? Are they a good applicant? Do the Administrators who have slots want that applicant? An application can take days, an application can take weeks or even months.

We are planning to discuss Deathrun in the next Leadership meeting to try and see what future Highwon has envisioned for it. Nathan is also looking at a variety of suggestions and changes for Deathrun, he's got some good ideas.

In reality there are only two true Deathrun staff members. One Administrator, Nathan. One Moderator, Prisma. Every other Moderator on the Deathrun staff list are TTT Moderators that know the Deathrun rules, and can hop on Deathrun if necessary. They have no Deathrun requirements, they are just there to help out if needed. Their priority remains with our TTT servers.

I am doing well, thank you! I hope you can say the same!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jabba the Slut

I won't do anything.

Hello.

There is the possibility that we will downsize to only NA servers if there isn't an increase in activity on the EU servers. Nothing is set in stone.

Please make such inquiries to my DMs.

As mentioned in THIS post, we aren't holding an hour requirement for Deathrun at this time. We are more focused on having Deathrun staff make repop attempts for it.

While we are not enforcing an hour requirement for Deathrun staff, it is still preferred that you have 15 hours biweekly when applying for DR.

Use a VPN.

We don't have any plans to alter any of the Vanilla weapons. We want to refrain from making any changes that would make Vanilla, well, not Vanilla.

You will not be able to buy these previous skins, however, it is possible that we will sell skin packs in the future. While not the same as previous skins on the pointshop, modified versions of those skins could be available. Such as gold skins that are less gold, or with red magazines.

Opalium resigned from Co-Owner and started his own community. He used some SGM code and was permanently banned for it. Temar was demoted/banned because he gave out some information to another Administrator (at the time) that made it possible to access his account. Once the other admin was banned they used Temar's account to access and leak staff information. Because it couldn't be proven that Temar gave out that information with malicious intent, and because of his dedication to SGM, the ban was lifted.

Our members are allowed to discuss other communities, we just don't allow advertising. So if someone is promoting other communities, we have an issue.

8. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

If this is the case, then why have I been told by staff members that having "[boat.xx]" tags in usernames on our servers is allowed?

I see this as a form of advertising for "boat" servers.

9. Jabba the Slut

We don't punish people with ******* in their in-game names simply because it's not worth the hassle. It's hardly the only community out there that rewards players if they put their community tag in their name. So long as they're following the rules, not causing any problems, and not promoting moat on our servers in an active way, we have no reason to punish them.

However, we do not allow the tag in forum usernames.

10. Jabba the Slut

We'll get right on that. Illegal. Hello.

The deletion of the NA servers is highly unlikely, and we can certainly agree to disagree about that last bit. I'm guessing you're referring to part time moderators in your second question; we have no plans to reintroduce that position in the near future. I won't judge you, but Dadly will when he gets that well deserved Lead position.

• Agree Agree x 2