SGM for Rick

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Opalium, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

EDIT: Thank you for your support, everyone! The fundraiser is now over, as you can read in the following post: http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-for-rick.36091/page-2#post-334699

Hello everyone!

(Note: This is a personal project and not officially affiliated with SGM or its management any way.)

This is a call for help from all able members of SGM. Our friend and fellow community member and ex-mod, @Rick, has found himself in a difficult situation, and this is our chance to help him out and potentially save his future. He is about to be kicked out of his house, and be left with almost nothing: no roof above his head, barely any money to handle himself, and no friends able to help. He has nowhere to go and things seem hopeless now.
    Rick is one of the most dedicated people we have around, and has given everything he have and above for our community as a mod and as a player. Now it's our chance to return the favor. As a community, we are a powerful force - we can make the change. I am starting this fundraiser for him as an attempt to give him a way to get through this situation and get back on his feet. He will be using the money to get himself sorted for the close future and give him enough time to find himself a job and get back on his feet.
    All I ask from you is to spare any amount you are able to for this cause. Any donations will be gladly accepted. Everything will be going directly to him to help him get through this critical situation he is going through. If you cannot help through donating, try spreading the word to people who are able and willing to help.

Together, we can save Rick. Let's do this.

Donate here:
    gofundme.com/u6-sgm-for-rick

~Opalium

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 36
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am soooo broke, but if I come into some money i'll send some his way. He was a crazy moderator, and a crazy friend.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Sent a bit, not sure if it went through as the amount hasn't changed?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Opalium

The charge will only be applied once the money is withdrawn.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Ah, gotcha!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

I don't even know what to say to this. If this doesn't shine light on what kind of person Opalium is, nothing else will. I didn't ask for this and I certainly don't expect your help, but the coming months will be softened because of your kindness.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I don't have a lot of access to money, I'll see what I can get/do.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

It's not much, but I hope it helps you out Rick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Zack

I feel like an asshole regarding things like this, but you guys are heroes. Not sure you realize how much of an impact this will make on my life direction overall, but it's monumental.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

I wish the gofundme thing accepted CAD amount, only accepting in USD amount, now I have to do the conversion.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

I wish you the best of luck, @Rick

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Zack

I am going to need it, in this case. Thank you Makuzi, and I really hope that my voice was a part of what made you stay here. You and @Cafedemocha were my first real instruction in to my role as a staff member. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Been in this situation the day before thanksgiving recently, I couldn't resist to help.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Opalium

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for your support and donations! I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly we were able to gather such an impressive amount. I can't thank you all enough, really. It really warms my heart to see so many of you joining the cause. Things look brighter now and with your help, they will look even better.
    Remember: any amount helps. Really. The small amounts gather to a great number. Whatever you can give is gladly accepted.

Thank you so much, again. On behalf of myself and @Rick, I wish you all the best!

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I sent $15 USD to him over PayPal, so add that to the total ;) See you soon @Rick

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

very nice of you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Would like to bump this. Even though I can't really donate, I still want to raise awareness to it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. OK boys

OK boys VIP

I can't really help with money but I will try to spread awareness hopefully it helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Didn't see this January 13th, but that doesn't mean shit expires. Was just about to go get some tacos but they can wait!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Zack

No, Zikeji! The tacos ALWAYS come first! D:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1