Dev SGM Community Map Drive! (329k Prize pot so far)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Chris, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

SGM Community Map Drive Event!

Prize pot: 329k

@Chris. - 126k
    @XpropIayer - 100k

@saczva - 40k
    @DrkSephy - 24k
    @Pacifist - 15k

@✧Death✧ - 10k
    @Patronus Penguin - 10k
    @Ashes Relandi - 4k

Hello, fellow Community Members!

Today, I am announcing a Community Drive Event that I will be running. Now, you are probably wondering what this is or how it will work, so allow me to explain;

The aim of this event is to;

• Encourage members of the community to try their hand at map making!
    • To try and get some new content for the entire community to play on!
    • To offer some kind of incentive or reward for player's that successfully create content that goes onto the servers!
    So, how does this work?

Well, for starters, this is not a tutorial or guide on how to create maps, there's plenty of those already available, this is an event that will be running until
    Thursday 30th November 2017* - Why so long you ask? Well, Rome was not built in a day, and maps take time to create, test, fix and ultimately finish. This give's people a little over 3 months* (Subject to change, depending on progress and results) to create some content with hopes of it being added to the servers!

Is this an Official Event?

No, this is not official! It should be noted that this event is not endorsed by SGM or Highwon, it is, simply put, an attempt at one member of the community encouraging other members of the community to show their creativity and skills at developing some new content with the aim for all of the community to play and enjoy!

So, the "Prize Pot" - What is that?

The
    Prize Pot is the pot used to hold all of the points I am able to obtain for this event, which includes points from myself and other member(s) of the community. This number will hopefully increase once this is announced and known of. The points in this pot will be divided equally to all creator's that manage to create and finish a map that get's added to the servers, and, depending on the amount of interest this gets, there might be an extra award for the community voted favorite map.

What do I do?

As a member of the community, you have Three options.
    1) You can donate points to the pot to try and entice other members to create this content

2) You can sit back and watch to see how this unfolds
    3) You can load up the SDK and start creating!

How could I ever get a map added to the server?

For a map to be added to the server, I feel like there's a few key requirements - But meeting all of these will not guarantee a map to be added, but it's a great starting point!
    • It should be fun - Think of different play styles and try to incorporate them into your map! Remember, in this Sub Forum, you can create a thread to show your progress to get idea's and feedback so far!
    • It should be fair - No one will enjoy playing on a map where the Traitor's can camp in the Traitor room and activate their 100+ traps, apart from the Traitor's. This is an extreme example, but I feel like this proves the point well.
    • It should be well sized - Our server's often reach 36 players - For maps to be added, they need enough spawns, enough space that everyone isn't crammed into the same room, enough different area's so that Traitor's can actually Trait and play the game. At the same time, we don't want a map so big that players rarely encounter each other or that will cause incredibly long rounds because the distance is too great.
    • It should be well optimized - If a map lags everyone, it's not going to be a very fun experience!
    • It should be bug free - A map isn't going to be considered as finished if you're walking along and then suddenly fall through the world!
    • It shouldn't be exploitable - Map testing should eliminate or minimize this, but people aren't going to want to play on a map where a player can get inside of a wall and freely shoot people or wait the round out. This also goes for Traitor rooms, it's not going to be fair if an Innocent can find a way to glitch into the traitor room through a gap.
    • It should be a TTT map - Key elements of TTT maps can be things like Traitor Rooms, Detective Rooms, Traitor Traps, a Traitor Tester and so on. If you wish to add an element such as a Secret Knife, then you are more than welcome to!
    • It need's to pass Testing! - This is simple, for a map to work, it need's to be tested by multiple people, and all maps are tested before being added to the SGM servers. This is to look for bugs, exploits and so on. If you test a map yourself, you can be confident that it will pass - This can be easily achieved by creating a [WIP] thread in this Sub Forum and by letting the community see your progress and help you by loading up your map and testing it with you!

What if I want to create something, but I can't think what?

I fully understand that sometime's, it can be hard to think of something good to make. I will include a few idea's I have, in hopes it will spark an idea for you, if you are thinking of making a map.
    • A public place
    • Your local area
    • A game level or area
    • A remake of a map with improvements and customizations
    • A "rats" map of a room you are familiar with or one you create with your imagination! (Think Dolls, Teen Room, Rats Kitchen)
    If you have some more idea's or suggestions, I welcome input and I will add them to this list. Most importantly, try to be creative! We don't want a re-skin of an already existing map, or for a replica of a map with minimal additions or edits.

So there we have it. Create a map, finish a map, fix or improve as per community suggestions and then hope it is able to be an addition to the map rotation already on our servers for your share at the Community Prize Pool!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

can i submit ttt_sl8 and ttt_jihad

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The community can't even pick the fucking good maps in the voting system so they sure as hell won't be able to make them.

Unless it's my homie @Rose♥

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Like do just the middle barracks, and fence as the border, and keep it within just the surrounding buildings. and include a small underground part. Anyone wanna help me on that. Im completely new to the program but ill learn fast :)

[​IMG] this would be the map

minus the building thats kinda showing on the left. But keeping that hill on ttop right corner as a sniping spot. Would def be epic map.

8. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

I"d be happy to learn how to make a map if I had a group to help work on a Minecraft version of cs_office MC_Office :p

9. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I think tower should be added as well. It would make for a good sniper position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

If we legit wanna do this I would be hella down. Maybe get input from @Atlas @POP STAR @ant. and @DieKasta and get some coding help by @Opalium

11. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

@Theinkern If you are going to do a pubg map make the prision, mili has wayyyy too many places to camp if you were to recreate that specific area in which you speak.

12. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

• Like Like x 3
  13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Map making is easy to get into but difficult to master, I can post some guides for those that are serious.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Sirhymfer

Sirhymfer Supporter

This seems very intreseting, Hopefully ill have enough time to finish off my new map for this event.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Please do. I will want to learn this program not just for this challenge but after as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Your map is shit

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

hmu on tinder steam

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

And the prize pool increases ;) Has anyone made some progress to show yet?

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Where are those guides? I might like to try my hand at it.

20. Sirhymfer

Sirhymfer Supporter

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1