Servers been crashing a lot recently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheepeasy, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Sheepeasy

Sheepeasy VIP

Anyone else noticed the servers have been crashing a lot recently?

Has anyone mentioned why this is?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

yes since the christmas update opal added something and it broke he blames facepunch though ;)

• Agree x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Don't listen to cowcakes he doesn't know what he is talking about. Yeah servers been crashing for awhile, we don't know what is causing it, but a fix is being worked on. Progress is slow though.

• Optimistic x 6
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. Tups

Tups VIP

yeah been like this for awhile my dude, nothing new

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Nope.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

3 legendaries in a row :finger:

From what I understand they think its an engine issue and don't have the bandwidth to do a full test of every single addon and line of code on the servers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Roll back to before the christmas patch when the crashes didn't happen, introduce each piece of content one by one until server crashes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Yea lets just ask the two owners who have full time jobs and an actual life outside of video games.

But I am not going to defend them 100%, Owner(s) if you read this, if you want SGM to live you need to get developers who have time like Opal did when he was Lead and shit. Having two expert programmers doesnt mean jack when you can't commit time.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Rozboon

Doesn't have to happen in a day, roll it back to a stable version in one day, then slowly introduce more and more day by day, might even be good to leave it for a couple days to make sure crashes are/arent happening, it's a simple solution instead of beating around the bush saying "we're slowly finding a solution to it" rollback, introduce, and isolate the cause of the crash step by step, basic shit people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Step 1 > roll back to a stable version

You forgot step 0: find time to work on this.

11. Rozboon

Oof, might as well just shut er down boys and girls, no time.

12. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Well I mean the servers have always crashed. A lot. People like to say "oh it's just Gmod and not the server" nah, have never been on a single server that crashes 10 times a week.
    Even before the christmas update.

Only thing is that the only two owners have jobs and shit and probably don't have too much time for it as others are saying. Like did we even try switching server providers??

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

hosts were changed awhile back, did nothing. Crashes started after the release of the christmas sgm update so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rozboon

The servers werent crashing before the christmas update...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Not like there were 3 updates in November that could have introduced a source level bug. And I already posted a solution, the owners need to get more devs if they cant spend the time.

• Agree Agree x 1