Servers are understaffed

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Cereal KiIler, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

are staff members just stupid or something
    if you here any harassment at all (yes cursing is harassment because cursing is a sin and sinning is harassing god) just hit them with a !gag * and if any player does even 1 point of rdm just slay him 100 times
    idk it worked for me and i was a pretty good staff member tbh

• Optimistic x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

oh for fucks sake.

closing applications is the dumbest thing I've seen from this administration. If the staff are shit demote them.

If they aren't worthy of being demoted then carry on with having them ask questions as they go.

you can't seriously think this is actually good.

Not trying to be rude at all, like y'all donate your time. But fuck off, closing applications is dumb as hell.

First off you can still have applications open but just tell admins not to accept staff members. That way when you do accept staff members, admins have a good idea. There is no way at all that you can benefit from closed applications. It is just all around dumb. I was on a european like 2 weeks ago. There were 6 mods on that one server yet there was only like 15 people. Weird how there was one mod on west 1.... Not saying it's a bad thing to have 6 mods. But when a server is full and only has 1 mod as opposed to the one with 6 mods and 15 players, it becomes extremely stupid.

Ok, staff might be fucked rn, but you can't tell me I'm wrong. Closing applications is dumb. Extremely stupid. Y'all might realize it now but won't admit it because you'd rather pretend it's right.

Yes this is a small stupid decision. But the fact y'all are trying to say it is smart is insane. Instead of hiding things, tell us your plans, get input from the community. Don't just make a choice you think is right for everyone. It wasn't a life or death situation. It was a decision you could take a week or so to think about. Ask the community what they think. You don't want your community pissed off at the administration. It is like a suggestion. Anyone has to suggest a new map? Does the community like it? Is it playable? Is it logical in size? Does it the geometry make sense to the common player? Will it cause delays?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Here my two cents. #1 Apply for staff yourself or stfu the staff team has lives too. #2 Be patient for a staff member to take care of the server.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

lol dumb can't apply for staff rn

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Ignore the first half of #1 then. I don't keep a track record of everything that goes on sgm.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Honestly, this just proves why trimming back on staff is detrimental. The staff DO have lives and can't be here 24/7. That is why having more is better, as that provides more staff to cover the slots, which translates to less time waiting for issues to be resolved by staff. Like I already said, we can have a nice trim and tidy idea, "This exact number of staff is what we need to target these specific downtimes in coverage"; and it won't work. Because this is a video game, because the staff have lives, we can't expect this to run like a workplace irl. We have got to have extra for flexibility to compensate for the fact that Gmod is (should) be second priority to real life for the staff, and they need someone to "take their shift", so to speak, from time to time.

Like I also already said, we don't know what is being planned, something odd in and of itself as @Mr. Disco has pointed out. I don't have a good feeling about it, but we have to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Yo! I ain't going to act like I've read any of the posts from pages 1-5, and I honestly just skipped to page 5 and read your comment since it had a lot of agree's. I really think that you're not really understanding the side that led us to make the choices we've made.

Here are a few responses to what you have to say here:

1. We wanted to close the application pool and not accept staff members partially as a means of clearing out the apps that had been sitting around for a while. Having people come back around after it opens with a new application shows something different than just sitting around with one anyways. (At least this is how I personally felt about clearing out the currently open applications.)

2. I don't follow how closing applications relates to there being 6 mods on EU and 1 on NA. This is a separate problem that has been acknowledged by the upper administration and steps are being taken to resolve it in the near future.

3. I agree we moved forward on closing the application section rather abruptly, but it was done as a reaction to a decision we made to downsize the current staff team at the same time. The downsizing of the staff team was done to make way for efforts that we have in fixing the issue described in 2.

4. About 4 days after we closed the staff application pool, Facepunch fixed the bug that they were having regarding servers crashing a lot and the SGM servers have become far more stable. This led to an increase in server activity that we had not accounted for since it was unexpected for this bug to ever be addressed by Facepunch.

On another note: I simply think that this thread isn't correct at all in saying that the servers are understaffed. We simply have allocation of resources mixed up right now and there are efforts being drawn together by the entirety of the staff team to get this sorted out correctly. I'm personally willing to be 100% transparent with anyone who disagrees with me and whatnot and try to give out my perspective on the recent movements we've been making. Feel free to just respond to me and I'll be paying attention, but I ain't willing to read through the 4 pages before this one lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

but can you just fix it though

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

Fixing servers isn' just a blanket "Do this one thing and poof better" it' much more than that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Daddy Nexxus

so you're saying there's a chance?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  11. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

I just went to sleep 8 hours ago, woke up in the morning and I was surprised to see this thread got 5 pages of discussion.
    This only tells you how common the problem is.

12. Daddy Nexxus

idk dude i think it's mostly shit posting

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  13. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

I actually read all of the posts up to this point, and most of them are actually a real discussion.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

You and I must be reading different posts.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I could say the same with that cannabis post :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

FFS, I ended up dreaming about this shit.
    What if a new staff category is opened, they can only ban for 1 hour or less, or start a votekick/ban? (Or even just slay people?)
    Have no limit, just approval from majority of the current staff, and don't let there be a limit to the number of people with this rank.
    Doing such thing will let the people who may be able to help and want to help the server without any time constraints or because of the fact they have more urgent priorities than staffing a GMod server

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

The only vote system that works is RTV which even pisses off players when the map they want to play gets votekicked by 3/4 legendairy's.

Secondly no time constrains gives them the oppertunity to staff for 2 hours 2 weeks, so this won't fill in any time for sure.

18. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Let's introduce an option to donate for staff. This would solve all the inactive staff issues. Price it at $100/month for moderator, $500/month for admin.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

That sounds like a recipe for disaster tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Buy Mod, screenshot all admin notes of all popular people on sgm, cancel mod after 1 mo / refund. sell notes $10 / each. ez $$$

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.