SeriousPVP - "The weak should fear the strong... Sometimes."

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by EhhChris, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Hey everyone!

I'm glad to announce that the SeriousPVP plugin is finally in a state where I feel comfortable releasing it for use on the live server.

I've tested this plugin extensively over the past few days, and have fixed just about any bug or edge case I can find, but there will likely be more found with a wider audience to abuse and break it. Should you find a way to exploit this plugin in any way, please message me with as many details as you can possibly collect and I will fix it ASAP. With that said, let's move into some specifics about the plugin.

The concept is incredibly simple, as there's simply no PvP in the overworld during the day time. This plugin disables strikes with weapons, hands, etc, as well as with bows, potions, lingering potions, and even disallows lighting blocks on fire or placing lava within a small range around a player during the day or during the night if said player is on a PvP cooldown.

That last paragraph had some key terms that should be noticed. PvP is only disabled in the overworld during the day. PVP is not changed whatsoever in the Nether, nor The End. The day/night cycles in the nether/end just don't quite work the same way, haha. Also; PVP cooldowns. There are two conditions that will lead to a PVP cooldown being applied to a player: death in the overworld, or having first joined the server. Player deaths will lead to a 10 minute cooldown, and first joining the server will lead to a 15 minute cooldown. Any cooldown can be removed with the /cooldownoff command (also aliases: /cdoff, /cdremove, /cooldownremove).

The SeriousPVP plugin will give 30 second alerts on-screen when the PVP status is going to change. These will eventually have a command to disable them and be replicated in chat should they annoy you (@Turquoise :love:) .

It should be noted that while this plugin prevents many forms of PVP, there is really no good way to disable death by traps without making players flat-out invincible during the day. That's not a route we feel comfortable with, and urge players to still be cautious with the use of /tpa or /tpaccept when going to another player's location.

Lastly, with the introduction of this plugin we've included another one that extends the day/night cycle to allow day to last roughly 30 minutes and night roughly 15 minutes. This was a popular opinion on our previous poll and has been implemented and will take effect alongside the PVP changes at 10PM EST today. This isn't much of a warning, and I apologize for that, but the majority of the community has been waiting for this change long enough, and I am living a busy life right now. If you have questions, feel free to ask them.

Thanks,
    irritatingness :coffee:

EDIT:
    - /pvptoggle as a command to allow PVP between two players during the day has not yet been added, however users can always PVP in the PVP arenas provided for everyone's use.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Winner x 12
    • Like x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Hehe, got em. (y)

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

When did I complain about on-screen messages? I'm confused about the tag

• Like Like x 1
  4. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

'Cause I'm an idiot.

Referring to this post:

For some reason my my memory said it was you. :oops:

@Turquoise was supposed to be tagged. Fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.