Answered Seriouscraft TNT

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Ted, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Hey there,

Since the whole rule-change thing i never had any trouble with it. But what did happen is that the map specific rule for the TNT trap got removed and i ended up with a slay because i did not warn for it.

The rule USED to be that it did not require a warning as it warns with both sound and a map specific message warning to stay away from it.

Now today i got slain because i did not warn when i looked through the rules i found rule 4 warning teammates subsection 4 that c4, tripwires and such does not require a warning. Though the TNT itself does more warning then those 2. The mod online asked another mod to be sure. I want a admin to tell me how it is and if this will be implemented in the rules so it is clear to everybody.

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

It is widely known that you have to warn for t traps.

3. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Yes, T-traps you have to warn for, but C4, a traitor item that holds the same value and has less of a warning does not require warning. Yet this can be placed around the map. The TNT on the other hand is a map-trap which goes WOOOP WOOP (It's the sound of the police) while making a visual warning in the upper left corner.

This is where my question lies, if this is a thing, how can one be not needed to warn and the other needs to be warned for.

4. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

To my knowledge even long before I was staff its always been the case that you need to warn for the TnT trap. I have never in my 3 years of SGM heard it being handled otherwise.

And I believe the reason it is like that is due to the posibillity of multiple things.

Players without sound may not hear the que and can easily miss the message, or newer players may not knlw what these 2 ques mean and therefor doesnt think twice about approaching the TnT

To anwer your recently asked Question:
    I believe its a matter of time, most traps are of instant damage or unexpected time damage, you can never know when a T would activate it and you generally have few seconds to react, aside from the TnT which does take a bit time to load before it explodes. But its still within a such small timeframe that I would consider it unexpected and instant damage.

Compared to other T items like c4, tripmine, Deathstation, which on a usual note takes longer time to detonate and are visible for your T buddies.

However you also do have to warn for them in special occasions, if you place them near T buddies with an intent to have an inno detonate it soon o.o (with the exception of c4)

If my explanation doesnt answer you enough, I shall let an admin or Lead take over the explanation (Since I kinda suck at explaining stuff) o.o

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

C4’s have a minimum of 45 seconds before any damage is done. Thats more than enough warning in itself on top of the giant icon.

The tnt only take like 3-5 seconds to explode.

Think of it this way. Its a t trap. You have to warn for all t traps.

6. DarkShiny

DarkShiny Just guilty me NOW, boi VIP Silver

People may miss the message or don't hear it, as Voca stated. Or other things.
    The TNT trap is a traitor trap, which requires a warning, as stated in the rules (not specifically the tnt trap but traitor traps in general, which also means that the rule applies to that trap as well). While on the other hand C4's are visible on the whole map, so you won't miss it, and thus it does not need a warning. Due to the fact that it is visible everywhere and it needs 45seconds until detonation, it should be enough time for the player to react, even without a warning. Deathstations and Tripwires are also shown on the map and they provide a warning in team chat. Obviously you need to warn though if you are going to trigger it immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.