Serious TTT Achievements Reborn.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Carned, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Those amazing suggestions thought of by amazing people... it's so amazing how they never get added. +1 Bump?

2. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I'll try to get a version of this working once I finish up the suggested weapon skins. I am nearly finished the skin and as soon as I finish, I will work on this!

EDIT: Me not getting sleep and it being 2:10 AM I realized this would require MySQL stuff for cross-server sync and to store the data. I may try to do the MySQL stuff, but if I can't ill get the stuff like the GUI and hopefully something to store your achievements (JSON to Table like I did with the loadout system.

Ex. achivement[1] would be "Ohhh shiny" and achivement[2] would be "OMGGGG Owner" and it would save to a file stored in data. Again, this is just for testing purposes and highwon can add MySQL since I'm not good with it :p

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  3. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

@Carned
    [​IMG]
    I'm tired right now and will work on adding a table to add achievements easily and server side work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mandalore

Mandalore VIP

I would enjoy this very much 1+

5. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

6. +1 for sure

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

+1 i like it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I'm going to revise my rating and go with a +5

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. you could make the achievements more like tf2 contracts, where you have to kill people and get contract points, and you can kill people in different ways to get more contract points, and when you've completed it you get a reward. you could also make them drop daily/weekly ect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

ey bois

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

+1

12. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

+1000000

13. Carned

If you could link this to my achievements, it would be incredible for the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

Honestly it would make the server insanely more popular and people would not stop playing

15. Zigles

Zigles Rule #1: Never trust a Zigles VIP

+1

16. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Time to bring my opinion into this.

I am giving my +1 on this and would like to see this being implemented in the future. Maybe with highscores too so people can compete with each other.

TTT is a really fun game, but people will get bored of repetitive games if there's nothing to be achieved. TTT does not have the freedom like Bethesda games with a lot of replayability such as The Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout, and Dishonored. TTT needs to compensate for its repetitiveness by adding something where people will have that sense of achievement. What TTT needs is a proper incentive for players to continue playing the game.

Let me give a few examples:

Runescape:
    In a sense, this game is repetitive as in the fact that you're doing the same thing over and over again. What Runescape has is a skill leveling system, quests, and other achievements. Take away that and all you have is pointless grinding. Why burn a million maple logs for nothing?

Something to read:
    Why do we Continue to Play?
    Written by Canada Crow and edited by Kaida23
    RuneScape is known throughout the gaming community as being very addictive. Often times, I stumble across people on sites like Reddit who talk about how much time they spent in middle school playing RuneScape. Personally, my main RuneScape account has been around since the tail end of 2005 and I’ve spent roughly 113 days logged into the game.

What drives us to spend so much time playing a video game? Imagine that you’re trying to explain RuneScape to an elderly gentleman who has never played computer games before. If you dumb it down enough, RuneScape can be described as a game where you are clicking on images on a screen. Critics often say that the game has no challenge and that all you do is click to increase your level. I often find myself asking why I play RuneScape. What makes the game enjoyable? The reasons are different for every person.

Many people who have maxed out their account have what is called ‘PMS’. In this context, PMS stands for Post-Max Syndrome. Maxed players find themselves asking ‘did I really enjoy playing or did I just enjoy having a goal?’ This is where a lot of players quit RuneScape because they may have realized that their time could have been spent doing something more useful or learning something instead of grinding toward a goal in a virtual world. Many players find that they don’t enjoy the game; they just enjoy working toward a goal.

Other players have found that the only reason that they continue to play RuneScape is because they’ve made friends in the game and they don’t want to lose them by suddenly logging out and never returning. My friends list is full of names that I hope to see online once again. A lot of my friends from the 2007 era have gone to bigger and better things. Many players don’t want to run off and desert their friends who still actively play.

One of the main reasons players continue to play RuneScape is because they have a sense of ownership over their achievements. They’ve taken their account from tutorial island all the way to end-game content like Nex and Vorago. They started off killing goblins in Lumbridge and they now own a party hat set. Personal achievements and ownership are one of the reasons why RuneScape is so addicting.

If you’ve been playing for a number of years like I have, you’ve probably taken a few breaks along the way. When somebody announces that they’ve decided to quit playing RuneScape, somebody almost always says something along the lines of ‘see you in a week’. Many players get the itch to come back to RuneScape after learning about new content or simply to check up on their friends. Eventually, they return to full activity and the circle of life continues.

There’s a small minority of players who have completed most of the content in the game. What keeps them playing RuneScape? The answer to that question is new content. Almost every week, Jagex releases new content to be enjoyed by all. Just this past week, Player Owned Ports v2 came out which will entertain players for many months to come. Other updates to look forward to are the Elf City, the Invention Skill, and many new quests!

A smart man once said “time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time”. No matter what keeps you playing RuneScape, all that really matters is that you enjoy playing it.
    Source: http://www.tip.it/runescape/times/view/1120-why-do-we-continue-to-play

Call of Duty series:
    Probably a better comparison than Runescape. It's a highly repetitive game that get's released annually, but you still have weapons to unlock, levels to grind, and then you have the prestige system where you do it all over again.

17. Carned

I'll reiterate that i'm willing to write every single achievement and name them, if it makes the process any easier. This could easy be linked into new playmodels for non-donators giving them incentive to stay on the servers. I'll even find the models and take the time to fit them in.

All you'd need to do is get the coding from somewhere, although its linked by @Frosty The Gamer in the thread, Ill put the work into making the lists and all that good stuffs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I code lua and I am willing to program the scripts for it.

19. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

20. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

This has been under our radars for a while now and I will be the one to say it's being looked into.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1