Sticky Serious talks.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah sounds like bullshit imo. Like, market analysis isn't your field (at least, it doesn't seem like it was). You have a person working on it. Schtolteheim doesn't seem to know how to do it either, not sure why he talked down to you.
    I think maybe the best takeaway from this experience is that you shouldn't leave it at "I don't know". From what I'm hearing, you said you didn't know and didn't work on finding a solution, which is what led to Schlotenheim getting Tom to do the analysis
    Unless I'm wrong, and Tom was supposed to be doing that anyway, or you had asked him to do that.

2. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Hey!! Apparently I am late by like 2 years, but I want to give a helping hand to anyone who might need it! Add me if you want(and get around to)

3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Hey, the good thing is that you are recognizing the problem pretty quickly. The first step is admitting there is a problem and sometimes that takes people years of drinking to realize. The problem with alcohol is that the alcohol isnt the problem, it's a solution to problems in your life (albeit, a shitty solution) . I've been through rehababilitation programs, and I've had my own battles with drugs/alcohol. The thing that is consistent with all drug users and alchoholics is that there is something driving them to drink and use. Maybe it's social anxiety, maybe it's depression, maybe it's boredom? It could be a multitude of things. Just putting down the drink isn't enough. You have to think about yourself and ask "Why do I feel the need to drink? What is my catalyst?" Reocognizing your "triggers" can really help you get back to reality.

For me, it was always my need to numb past memories. There was some abuse when I was younger that I was never able to completely overcome and I don't want to go into details but it messed me up for awhile. I didn't realize how messed up I was until I was much older. Situations that normal people would find exciting such as sex or girls only gave me feelings of impending doom and dread, and I coped with that by putting whatever I could into my body to make me not think about those things. It took me a long time and a lot of patience but with the support of my friends and family I have been able to cope with these feelings without the need to drink/use.

Opening up helps, also, for some people. It did for me. Maybe tell your parents what's up. I still remember when my parents caught me tripping balls when I was 17 and I just started crying to my mom and told her how I felt and I could tell it hurt her knowing that her son felt that way but I could see that she only wanted me to get better. It's hard to do these things on your own, trust me, you need support. You can always inbox me if you have any questions or add me on steam if you're bored and feel like drinking, just shoot me a message and we can play games or talk about what's going through your mind. It seems to me like your drinking to cope with some sort of anxiety or boredom. Finding what makes you want to drink is the next best step you can take. Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The hilarious thing is, most of the things i do wrong in my life or fuck up i do fully aware of the consequences yet some stupid side of me still carries on, but the good news is I've gone 4 days without drinking a drop of alcohol and so far so good :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Hey guys. So I really need help with my relationship. For some background, we've been together for almost 5 years, and like every other couple, we had some issues, some because of me, some because of her, and most of the problems stemmed just from us not being entirely open or honest with each other. Despite that rather unhealthy nature, I always try to make the relationship better for both of us..
    So back in September we had some major issues that were basically a culmination of every past problem we'd had together in the past. But we worked through it, and things seemingly went back to normal in early December. After that point, I was happier than I'd been in at least a year; it felt like the relationship was new again, and it appeared as if she felt the same way.

Now that the backstory is done, skip to the last 3 weeks or so. She's been acting really weird, and it feels as if she's just not into the relationship any more. I caught on very quick, and asked her about it within a few days of catching on to it. She just said she's busy with school and homework, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt because her school work is pretty rigorous.
    Now on this last weekend she barely texted me at all, which is weird. On weekends she's usually trying to text me every second of the day, and I could feel excitement of her talking to me whenever I'd be able to text back (I usually work so I can't text back much). This weekend there was none of that. Then on Sunday she texted me like 5 times. It was then that I saw through her, and knew that something was wrong. I texted her basically saying that I knew something was wrong and that we needed to talk about it if something was bothering her. I finally got her to talk to me a bit today and she said she's just felt unhappy with life lately but she didn't want to tell me why. I said everything I could to try to get her to open up to me, but she won't. I don't think it has anything to do with the older problems we've had, and I hope it doesn't.

Basically the point of this post is, do any of you guys know a way to get a person to open up to you? I know it might be hard since you guys don't personally know her, but any bit of advice on how to get someone to open up helps.

If you read this much and are going to send some advice my way, thanks in advance.
    Klutch out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

This is probably bad advice for this situation, but for me I'd say surprise her with maybe a date and show her how much she means to you and how much you're worried about her. I mean it may help both of you form a better bond and the date could be a change of pace for both of you from you being busy with work and her being busy with school. Maybe try to get something that she absolutely loves and/or relieves her stress. She might then be more comfortable towards you and see that she worth your time(not saying she isn't but give her that sense of feeling better). Maybe bring something memorable since you said you've both been dating for 5 years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. While I am one of the more troubled and turbulent members of this community, experience has helped me see life from many viewpoints and even though I am apathetic or hot headed sometimes I can also have sympathy and empathy, I'm not sure if anyone will want or need my help but go ahead and add me to the list.

8. Witchking

Witchking VIP

It's me again and this time I'm here with even more complaints about my life. I'm quite a wierd person. I'm aware that I do alot of things that I shouldn't and I still do them I still fuck up and then come here to complain. So last week I realised that I hadn't spoken to my father in a while( he is an alcoholic) so I called him so he doesn't feel that bad. I talked to him about a lot of things, and the more I talked to him I realised that I'm a lot like him. He is also aware of his problems, he says he has tried to change them but was too weak to do so. He is also that kind of a person that would'nt do anything for himself. He only does stuff if other people need him to do something same for me again. Those were and many more things that I heard from him made me realise that I don't want to end up like him and that I need to change, but alas, I'm also such a weak shit that I can't force myself to change. I tried talking more to people a lot of said that most people talk shit about me behind my back. That also was a fun experience. Oh, and the only reason why I differ from my father is that i have a sense of shame, but it has involved into fear of ever failing so I never do anything that could fail or that I didn't do it well enough and others would again talk shit to me because of that. The last thing that I wanted to say was a minor fuck up. I rejected a girl because I was too scared of what others would think of me. She is such a sweet and smart girl but I still rejected her and I didn't even do it in an okay way I just said: "Fuck off" I haven't seen her since that time. My idiotic crying ends here.

9. Sometimes life is all about taking risks in order to gain profit, now ive been in your situation and i myself am rather withdrawn and prefer routine but my tip for you would be to see which situations the risk is worth it and which not, as for your father i guess the best bet is to support him for now, sorry not really experienced in this topic, also this thread is here for you to express yourself, dont feel bad ;)

10. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

Hey guys. Don't really have many people I trust irl right now, so I guess I'm gonna share a little about what I'm going through on here.

A few of you know that I'm in recovery, I used to be severely addicted to alcohol and hard drugs.

I've met a lot of beautiful people along my recovery journey, and I've fallen many times and gotten back up many times more.

2 days ago, one of my best friends, Marcus, died of a heroin overdose.

I have been really struggling. I'm thankful to have this community as a place to come talk to people and have fun on the servers. It's gotten my mind off of how heavy things are the past few days and for that I am so grateful.

much love for you all. Appreciate the ones you love, life is so very unpredictable.

• Friendly Friendly x 14
  11. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

@olivia If you ever need someone to talk to hun, feel free to message me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Sorry to hear about that. I’m always here for you if you want to talk to me. You’re honestly a great person and friend and you’re always friendly to everyone you talk to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

I've already told you this a few times as you know but still, you always know how to contact me and I'll be willing to do anything to make you happy, and you know that because it's worked in the past. Just don't forget I & many others are here, supporting you. No matter what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Well I’m back here again, I’m feeling left out and just overall irritated at myself. I’ve hurt many people and made many mistakes in my life. Today I just feel like I shouldn’t of been born. I mean I wasn’t actually planned but I was born. But anyway I’ve just wanted to some people in particular that I’ve had a rocky relationship with because there always thoughts going through my head that I want to make up for or fix or just mend. It gets to me and I always feel like it’s my fault and it most likely is my fault that the relationship is the way it is now. (Also I mean relationship as a general term)

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  15. Hold up, can you please clarify a bit because what you're saying sounds really confusing to me, I'm willing to help and if you don't feel like explaining here you can pm me ^^

16. Aria

Aria Working on myself for awhile VIP

Hey y'all,

To be honest, I thought I would never come here, but here I am. I wouldn't say I don't have people to go to cause that would be a lie. I just have a hard time trusting people. As some of you know, I have persistent depressive disorder according to my therapist. I know most of you are thinking that you thought I never had it, because I am usually in an energetic, happy, upbeat mood. To tell you the truth, I am just really good at hiding it most of the time. I don't really like people worrying about my mental health. I want to keep a friendly environment when I am on the servers or in discord calls or playing other games with you all.

Lately, I have been having more episodes than normal. My episodes result in usually nightmares (which tend to have me waking up screaming or crying abruptly) or random outbursts of crying or just laying in bed not wanting to anything. My roommate of course knows what to do when these things happen, but she doesn't know how to really help the situation afterwards. To be honest, I hate even talking about this. Even with my therapist. At this point in my life, I have stopped caring. Not about the servers or my staff position or my friends or family, because I still care about those. I mean more so myself. I've began to stop loving myself. It's just I don't know, what to do at this point. I don't even know how I got to this point.

I don't even know what I am trying to ask here. Life has just made a downhill slope and I don't really know how to overcome it in a way.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining.. I'm not good at talking about my issues..

~ Aria

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is find something that you really love and pursue that. I know video games really make me happy but honestly at this point I am so focused on college and my future that I barely have time to worry about myself. If I were you I would find something to occupy your free time that really makes you happy. Maybe a dog or some sort of pet? New hobby? Running? Message me on steam if you just want somebody to talk to, I love talking :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I totally feel you. I play Garry’s mod just to escape from reality and to try and avoid my problems for at least a little while. I feel as if my life has turned upside down with just about everything. But I still love coming on here to this wonderful community because this place is like a second home to me. And you guys are the family. :)
    I’m gonna cut to the chase here, everything will be ok and there’s always people there to support you, me included. We all have rough days even myself and you just feel like venting to someone, and that’s totally ok. I even do it myself. I’ll be here to talk if you ever need to vent. I’ll try my best to listen.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Bruno

Bruno In time all things are possible VIP Bronze

Hello there, let's get straight to the point.

So im kinda like anti-social guy. I rarely go to bars and hang out with friends, i mean nobody even invites me and it doesn't bother me actually i'm okay with it. They did invite me before tho, when i was younger everyone enjoyed hanging out with me i don't know what happened now, probably because everyone got into a new school or because i play video games.
    They say to me i have no life, why are you sad, why are you so cold but actually im a really nice guy
    I do have "friends" but they're not real ones, i just get along with those people and later move back to your business like nothing happened.
    I'm actually very happy with my life but im not that social, i barely talk if there's nothing smart or interasting thing to say, sometimes i really talk and can't stop but that's rare.
    I really have no problems with my life, the school is really nice but im just curious about me, people want me to change to be social more but i find it hard to do i just don't wanna do it, i'm just like that.
    I never text my friends like saying "hello" "how are you" i find it no need if there's nothing important to say...
    I also think that where i live people are crazy, i guess i don't fit in that kind of society, im more like of guy who likes to watch movies, play games and hang out with normal and nice people.
    Sometimes when i walk home with friend it gets silence, really awkward, i really have no idea what should i say. I do know i could ask "hey how was your day" but that's just so desperate for me.
    I know i would never do any harm to me, i'm not that kind of guy.
    The only thing that really makes me happy is playing games like batman the enemy within ;)
    So basically im struggling to be more social, but im improving in real life. Yeah im kinda lonely.
    I might be crazy now since im locked most of the days in my house and im tired i should go to sleep soon, but say whatever you wan't, you don't have to agree with me, i posted this since i got nothing else to loose, and here comes headache from typing this.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
  20. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Quite the story.
    I don't think you're anti-social, you're just unsocial. Going by your lifestyle overall, I'd say you're introverted.

"This above all: to thine own self be true" - if you're not a very social person, that's fine. You're not wrong nor crazy for preferring time alone. It seems that not being very social also means you're not used to being it, as evidenced by being awkward with your friend when walking home.
    That can be partially remedied by getting more used to and lax with social situations. You might have to force yourself to ask how they are doing or similar, but by pushing over the line of where you're comfortable, you might find yourself more comfortable in the future. Build up a resistance, if you will.

But do it at your own pace, just try to push yourself to improve it bit by bit :LOL:

• Friendly Friendly x 2