Important Serious GMod Store - Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Disruptionz, Sep 14, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    This is a general Question and Answer Thread we have created that will hopefully answer any questions/comments/concerns you may have about the changes we have made to the Ranks and the Serious GMod Store.

Q: So I can buy VIP+ without needing to be VIP?

A: Correct. VIP+ now does not require VIP as a precedent, so you can buy it for $10 for one month. This does mean that after it expires, you will go back to having no rank if you do not already have Supporter/VIP.

Q: If I buy VIP+, do I only get perks on the TTT servers?

A: Supporter/VIP/VIP+/MVP only apply to our TTT Servers, so if you join the Deathrun Server and you only have one of those ranks, you will not have a rank on the Deathrun Server.

Q: How can I tell that you won't charge my credit card with extra funds each month?

A: We don't store the credit card information, Stripe/Paypal does; so unless you authorize the charge, we are unable to incur extra charges to your credit card.

Q: If I cancel my subscription after I paid for the current month, but do not charge back what I already paid, will I get in trouble?

A: No, you will only be in trouble if you charge back a payment already made.

Q: $200 A YEAR?! That's a lot of money, why are you asking for so much?

A: We're not asking for anything; you can still play on our servers regardless if you donate or not. We made this rank for our most dedicated members; for those who love TTT, Deathrun and the community itself. This enables them have an exclusive status in our community also with a discounted price, where they would be paying $240/yr if they wanted to keep both VIP+ and Gold each month. After all, it is your choice to purchase these ranks.

Q: If I purchase both a TTT and a Deathrun rank, how will that work on the forums?

A: If you have a rank for each separate game mode, you will indeed have two ranks, but the TTT rank will take precedent over the Deathrun rank in regards to name color.

Q: What is Stripe, how does it work and is it safe?

A: Stripe is an incredibly simple and easy to use system designed to let customers pay for goods online without the need of Paypal or any other 3rd Party, account requiring system. As long as you have a valid credit card, you can use Stripe to purchase anything from our Store. Stripe is used on many websites, such as the HumbleBundle and KickStarter. If you have any more questions, you can visit their website at https://stripe.com/.

Q:How do subscriptions work?

A: Subscriptions enable you to concurrently purchase monthly ranks each month without worrying about the hassle of losing your rank and repurchasing it each time. Each month, our system will charge you for whichever rank(s) you have subscribed for, which you can keep track of via the Store Page. If you ever wish to cancel your subscription, you may do so also at the Store Page. Note: Any payments that already are processed cannot be refunded, so make sure you cancel ahead of time if you wish to stop your subscription.

Q:Why would I purchase both Gold and VIP+ if I could just get Elite?

A: Well, there aren't any benefits of having VIP+ and Gold over Elite other than how it would look on the forums and in game. You will not get the benefits of Elite if you do not purchase Elite, so it is up to your discretion to purchase the ranks that you want. All things considered, you will receive more befits if you purchase Elite over just VIP+ and Gold.

Q: How do the MVP and Platinum Ranks work? Are they cross server as well?

A: MVP and Platinum are specific to TTT and Deathrun respectively, they are not cross server: If you only purchase MVP, you will not have a rank on Deathrun; same goes for Platinum and TTT. The benefits of these ranks are solely in the discounted price you receive. Normally, 12 months of VIP+/Gold would cost $120, but if you purchased MVP/Platinum, it would only cost you $100 one time; meaning you would save $20 overall and you wouldn't have to worry about repurchasing your rank after every month. Also, these ranks do not receive any exclusive content that VIP+/Platinum wouldn't have in game; everything stays the same aside from the rank name itself.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1