Serious GMod Servers

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We should definitely have a Death Run and Prop Hunt server, those two have fairly simple rules to follow. Jailbreak, DarkRP, and Zombies are more complex with their rules, and Sandbox would be an absolute mess without constant moderation

2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Big, no, gigantic changes. Wasn't even aware of this until the new URL popped up.

Some gamemodes I'd like to see are Jailbreak, Deathrun and Prophunt. Those would have to be the main three, though DR and PH will probably take notice over JB.

Now that it's no longer TTT, I hope to see the community grow farther, as well as old players returning. Me included.

Congrats to the new mods that will undoubtedly be added in the next few months. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

3. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

I would love to see a SeriousRP server(even though it might not happen). I have been getting into playing DarkRP again lately, but all the good ones I have found leave me lagging with really high pings. It might even be fun to see a KingdomRP server seeing as how there are only 2 or 3 of them currently and the one I have been playing on is really fun.

4. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

My god please add DarkRP, and deathrun. Even though I suck at deathrun its still pretty fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Are the server types to be implemented already decided or is it something we can poll on to see what the community wants?

6. For now, we have already decided on one game mode, but as we continue to expand, we'll ask for the community's input on what they want to see.

7. Sorta want Serious Jailbreak!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ridge

ridge VIP

Serious Jailbreak and Serious Deathrun is what i'm hoping for...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

While this is exciting, I always feared this would happen. I am a deathrun person but It really just pokes me inside and is saying "Something is wrong about this" I never liked running a multi-gamemode server since it seems like too much, and you may get into say deahtrun and leave TTT or the other gamemode(s) left in the dust and they will not get many updates or fun things here and there like the used to.

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Good job Highwon and the Leads are running the servers, not you then.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hey, I can do anything :( Meanie, reporting you to Muffin,

oh wait '=' Damn yo muffin, THATS NOT FUNNY :( :(

12. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

SeriousRP? No................................ Okay..

Also, I think we should split up the mods if it comes to different game modes. I mean different game modes have different rules and situations. Not all of the TTT mods would be good for these different game modes. And mods, don't think this is stupid..... You're not perfect on your own, together you form a superior team unlike others. You probably can be trained for the upcoming game modes. :) Good luck, have fun!

13. Murder and prop hunt ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

A fretta server would be really awesome. For those not familiar with fretta, it was an older gamemode on Garrysmod where it was basically a cycle between a bunch of different minigames. One minigame would be played for about 6-8 rounds, then players would vote on a selection for the next one, and so on and so on.

Some of the minigames included:
    • Prophunt
    • Polstergeist (where players tried to avoid other players controlling deadly props)
    • A zombie killing minigame similar to Zombie Survival
    • Sniper wars
    • And many more
    Obviously, something like this would require development on the part of the staff and such. But I really enjoy minigame servers like this, as they have diverse gameplay and different things you could do. Hell, almost all of our fun rounds right now would probably qualify as minigames that would fit in on a fretta server.

15. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I am pretty good at making DarkRP and Deathrun maps. AND I LOVE ROLEPLAY!

16. prochaos

prochaos VIP

Prop hunt. That is all

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Knowing how Highwon keeps things on the downlow, I imagine we won't find out what kind of server it is until it is pretty much setup and ready to go.

18. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

SeriousMurder!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. prochaos

prochaos VIP

Funny thing is when I first purchased gmod prop hunt was the first game mode I tried and have over 400 hours on it lol until I found sttt, what was great about it was the community. Played on a great active server with regulars and immensely enjoyed it, you can sieve through 100 rubbish servers before you find a keeper and if we had a serious prop hunt server them I'm sure it's own community will become very popular and eventually become a highly active and be the standard server for many individuals just as sttt has

20. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Not to piss on everyones fireworks here.

Murder works best with less than 12 people so really setting up a murder server would be pretty pointless and really wouldn't be the best way to capitalize on the potential here.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.