Serious DarkRP

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Bandit, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

To make DarkRP work we would need resources we do not have yet.

I know my shit about DarkRP, and to those who say no because they hate the gamemode, that's idiotic, and very narrow-minded.

As of now......DarkRP would be dead - a little slower than minecraft - but would die. Everyone has their vision of the gamemode and what it should be. But it's not gonna be like that at all.

A lot of definitions of rules and basic layouts of the game were ruined and wronged by teens and kids as server owners.

In all honesty, based on how the server is suggesting things for DarkRP, I personally wouldn't want a DarkRP server....If it goes in the typical DarkRP server direction, it will be cancerous.

The biggest issue is...SERIOUS and DARKRP do NOT mix.

Think of it like this. DarkRP is like TF2 - You pick a class and play it to its limits. But sometimes people in TF2 conga, and other people join them...this diverts the objective of the game. (and to some people it is annoying, but to TF2 regulars it is super fun and casual.) that's how DarkRP is. You cannot expect people to be serious and roleplay as the class they picked. They might to an extent, but really they might just sit around in the middle of the map and chill while watching a hobo throw bugbait at their mate's face, while a thug is robbing the hobo. That's how the game works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I would rather have an official announcement from the likes of Opalium or Highwon rather than what I would assume in an unofficial announcement if this is true. Until which said time I would feel a discussion would be nice to have, maybe even bring up some new ideas that the original thread did not bring to us.

As far as my stance on a DarkRP server, I wouldn't mind the new player base or a couple new ranks to gift but I feel that with all the crashes on the TTT servers we should manage that first before we fully invest in a DarkRP server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Just make it already so I can see it fail and I can laugh

btw, Opal has stated that
    So excuse us if we assume that it's not happening when the owner literally said it wasn't happening ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Do you know how many people I'd kill for a DarkRP server?

Like... 6 or 7

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

+1

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

It'll last 3 months.

EDIT: MY bad person who disagreed with me I thought SMC lasted that shortly. It'll last 6 months.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Tups

Tups VIP

who the fuck honestly still plays deathrun, get that shit outta here and add darkrp, take all my money for all the ranks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

I would love to have a SGM DarkRP, but I have to agree with @Echo in that the TTT servers need to be improved before we make another gamemode.
    Hopefully they'd take the experience from MCs quick demise, and DR to make sure it wouldn't happen again. Although I think that the death of those servers are more because of the games / gamemodes themselves rather than how 'good' the servers were.

So for now I'm +/- neutral to this idea.

9. If we can get a basic Dark:RP server that's not too labor intensive, +1.

I always enjoyed raiding people's bases and immediately taking a shotgun to the face