Seperate staff

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by dazza, Mar 30, 2018.

1. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

Well, you trialled part-time mods, so my suggestion here is rather simple
    forum and discord staff!

Sometimes people want to help out the community and it is always growing, of course anyone can provide helpful tips and advice ETC , however sometimes it is more than that. Lets face it, quite a lot of the time staff are not available because they are either busy, or when they aren't they are trying to get their hour requirement leaving people on the forums or in discord having to seek out help and sometimes not getting it.

Forum/discord staff could probably be a small team responsible for both, or 2 small teams, 1 for each. just like In-game staff teams there would be at least 1 admin and some mods, as a new role it wouldn't risk leaking especially if these new staff are trusted, however you can restrict game related forums/discord channel to the game ranks and have separate staff areas which permits the new "forum/discord admin/owner" roles to participate. Also an in-game rank would not be necessary. This would also take some pressure off in-game staff.

The specifics on their powers i shall leave to your discretion, however i think if this goes forward discord/forum mods should have the same, or at least similar, powers to the current admins. This allows them to moderate shoutbox and keep the forums clean and tidy as i have always felt mods are pretty useless (sorry guys) on the forums excpet for "@genericname and their admin @genericname2 to finish this report."

I am honestly not expecting much support on this, however i would like to know peoples thoughts, and ideas on why they would/wouldn't like this (especially from some current staff) and how it could be better planned ETC

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

If a full staff team can't manage the little use both Discord and the forums get then we have big problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

giv forum lead

4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Another set of moderators to discriminate against because they don't staff ttt like the good lord intended?

hell ya i'm down +1

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

I don't see the need for this currently as we have the report function on the forums and staff can usually be pinged on discord if there is an issue.

I also don't see how we would track activity of forum or discord mods if we had them.

~Lion

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  6. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

As long as you're actively in a voice channel for 20 hours biweekly I don't see an issue with this. We will consider you xd

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

Sounds good to me since I know many people that are active in the community mostly just to hang out on the forums&discord but doesn't care about playing gmod anymore

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1