Secretly Observe Players as Mods or Admins

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by WxAaRoNxW, Sep 2, 2015.

1. WxAaRoNxW

WxAaRoNxW Regular Member

(I'm not sure if this is posibble, but it is though possible in minecraft servers.)
    Just like what the title says a way to observe players as mods or admins without notifying the players in the server that a mod is online.
    ex. when a mod or admin joins a server, they will become a spectator but players won't see the [player] joined the server, or won't see them in the spec list. making them hidden, to secretly check if there's any rdmers. though I'm not sure if this is technically useful since we have the damage logs... it's just a suggestion (if it even is possible).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I wish this was possible. But as soon as you make any slay then the cover is blown. And hiding which mod is making a slay would make it more possible for abuse to occur. I used to join servers and pm the regulars I knew to tell them not to mention I was so I could watch the players still playing without them knowing I was on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WxAaRoNxW

WxAaRoNxW Regular Member

Point taken, what about secret slay? by secret slay I mean slaying them like !fspec ing them

4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

That still opens the door for abuse if the mod isn't accountable for their actions. Also, there's a notification when the mod !fspec someone that has the mod's name in it. If there is someone on causing a lot of problems (mic spam, harassment, hacking, etc.) you can always record evidence before you ask for a mod to come on, then when the mod does come on you can hand your evidence to the mod so even if the person shapes up with a mod around they can still be punished for their previous actions. You can also make formal reports for those situations.

Back to your original suggestion. It's entirely possible for a staff member to make an alt account and record evidence if they feel it is necessary. But while doing so the server will continue to be unstaffed for that time. So would you rather the mod be unable to punish at that time so they can punish later? Or would you rather the player shape-up their act immediatly because a mod is on?

5. WxAaRoNxW

WxAaRoNxW Regular Member

I didn't mean it like that -_- , I just meant like a fake !fspec, that acts like a slay, I didn't mean about using the command !fspec, they will still use the command !slaynr but it acts like an !fspec

6. LeBlonde James

LeBlonde James Supporter

I get that. Like some 21 Jump Street crap, go undercover as a player or whatever. Even then, you'd have a lot of issues with this.

I guess the slay and ban system could be after the secret mod guy leaves. Like, if a guy mass RDM's, the mod would leave then another would come on as titled MOD, and do the proper.
    Still a lot of abuse and loopholes and such. Could be worked out but I get the point.

7. WxAaRoNxW

WxAaRoNxW Regular Member

LeBlonde James, you gave me another idea, how about hiding your mod or admin rank and just change your name so they will know you're a stranger.

8. Kawaii

Kawaii Paper Towns

But... With the "mod" label visible if players press tab, that'll make it so that players would think twice EVEN before RDMing due to the fear of getting slain. It serves as a 1st wall of defence against potential RDMers.

Some might argue that , "But players that RDM without mods, would have to be weary." True, however, if you think about it, some players RDM even with staff on. And there's nothing that regulars can do.(besides reporting it on the forums)

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

There was something like this suggested once. With the possibilities of regulars recording when staff are offline, there's no need for hidden staff. Just record and report.

I couldn't imagine the cries for help in shout box because no staff were on a server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

From my experience, whenever I hop onto a server people don't really notice. They will only notice when I slay or gag/mute someone. Like @Noctorious said, as soon as a staff member takes action, it will blow our cover regardless if we are hidden or not.

11. WxAaRoNxW

WxAaRoNxW Regular Member

I noticed you, when you were online because I pressed tab, made me notice that "there's a mod!!! yay, rdmers will think twice before rdming now :3" see how effective the mod or admin label on tab now?

12. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

Maybe we already doing that and you just don't know about it......hehehehehehehehehe

ayylmao

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

o lightning u r so funn-e

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. WxAaRoNxW

WxAaRoNxW Regular Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  15. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 1