Second ban for ghosting (apparently counts)

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by FurryKats, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

So I'm on WEST 2 playing as a normal player, map changes, new round starts...

Right when the round starts I immediately die by a Traitor, then I go on admin chat and say
    "Wow already killed"
    and was going to start typing
    "You know you guys should think about adding a god mode for like 30 seconds to prevent T's killing immediately"
    but I was cut off when 2 mods start spamming
    "BAN HIM" , "Thats GHOSTING BAN HIM"

I even have a screen shot of me saying that, but still I didn't know that it would count as ghosting.

Alright, so I didn't know it counted as ghosting and smith47 even said it doesn't count as ghosting and to go onto the forums, Highwon changed my ban of ghosting from global (don't know why global) to local for EAST and I'm sitting that out.

So I come on WEST and try to get a mod on there to tell me whats up, but none were on at the time, then get RDM'ed... >:T

Now since no one told me that saying that you are dead to a few mods/admins and not the whole server counted as ghosting, would it be possible for me to know that, yes that is ghosting and me not be banned for another 4 weeks for it?

Like WTF 2~3 mods spammed "Ban him" and no one ever warned me that stating if you are dead to another player or admin chat, counted as ghosting, I HAD NO IDEA >:L

so yeah, killamarshal, krys, and I believe Fish (the admin) were all there.

So tell me whats up, and whats going to happen?

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Let me just point out that saying you are dead without being confirmed dead is considered ghosting.

They will respond at their earliest convenience with their verdict on the appeal.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Saying in admin chat that you are dead before you have been confirmed dead or before all the staff are dead is ghosting. It would be the exact same thing as PMing a person to tell them you are dead or, before the name color changed, PMing someone to see if they were still alive.

4. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

I didn't know that even counted as ghosting, since my knowledge of ghosting is low, can be unbanned and be told what is ghosting and what isn't
    and plus I didn't say "Where, when, by what, and who" I died of. so still considered ghosting?

plus!! I didn't know it was ghosting! can I please be unbanned! :T

5. DocFox

Ghosting is giving players knowledge, that they would not know otherwise, by means outside the realm of the in-game, living, real-time experience, world. This includes admin chat to living admins, PMing players, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc.

Basically, if you are using communications that are not traitor team chat or global chat to gain knowledge or give information that couldn't be gained that way or in-game experience, it's ghosting.

6. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

I didn't know that, that counted!!

7. DocFox

How did your first ban happen?

8. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

by PM'ing a mod that he was the last inno alive and it was a 1v1.
    I still didn't expect it, but the first ban was local and I understand that ban, but this one seems unfair since I didn't have knowledge of that rule :/

9. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

ok after confirming it with Killamarshall yes its ghosting i'm sorry i didn't now your body was a unided if you would have told me that i would have said yes it is ghosting . but i would like to point out that some of or rules and not explained thoroughly the only ones the not the rules thoroughly is mods show my apologies FurryKats. but i do thing he should just be let off with a warning and some one explain what ghosting is to him or make a post about it to further help players out.

10. DocFox

If there were MIA's and you were dead, it counts as ghosting. I see that you didn't appeal that, instead making a post saying "fuck EAST" and "I didn't do anything that counted towards ghosting." What I want to know is what was told to you was ghosting? There has been numerous recent posts on the definition of ghosting and I feel like if your ban was reduced from all servers to one server, by Highwon, he probably explained to you what ghosting is.

11. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

Thank you smith, yes I think a warning should suffice, I had no idea that that really did count as ghosting :/
    And nothing about ghosting was explained to me, I just grew with smarts, but some apparences don't come to me and it happens to be that that counted and I was banned for something I had no IDEA about.

12. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

Highwon didn't explain anything to me, he just moved it from Global to local since I have 11 days to go, plus it started as local and since I posted that idiotic ban appeal, I feel stupid for it, and I think thats why it was global.

13. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

am I being unbanned or what? :I

14. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

this from my point of view is a BLATANT lie, as i had told you EARLIER TODAY that saying stuff like that is ghosting when you said the amount of people alive in @ chat (there were MIA's) that was the first chance i gave you, then you did this before your body was unid, which is pretty obviously ghosting.

Sorry but your ban appeal has been Denied.
    if an admin wants to change what i say here i am locking this for now.

15. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

FurryKats ban appeal

FIRST OFF;

I am locking the final decision to be made by ADMINS ONLY!
    NO MODS, NO VIP'S, NO RETIRED STAFF! GET IT STRAIGHT!

Again, I go in admin chat
    @ wow already killed
    (at the beginning of the round)
    then was going to say
    @ you guys should think of adding god mode for 30 seconds
    (but was cut off with all the mods spamming mic
    BAN HIM, BAN HIM FOR GHOSTING!

SINCE, it was no made clear to me that saying over any chat, PM'ing or admin chat any form of letting a living person know about your know abouts is considered ghosting. I now know that fact, I am trying to RULE OUT that
    1. I did not have much knowledge about ghosting to begin with
    2. I was never given a warning about ghosting
    3. I was never explained the rules about ghosting

So now will you rule the fact that I didn't know about this rules whereabouts and that, that specific thing said/done was considered "ghosting"
    I am only posting this again since KILLAMARSHAL doesn't deserve the right to deny my appeal, I am giving an admin the rights.

So please let the FACT known, that I do not possess any knowledge at that time that, going over ADMIN chat and saying that "wow already killed"
    and I forgot one thing, I didn't know my body was even un ID'd because there were inno's around my dead body at that time when I was killed, so rule that fact, and still RULE the FACT I didn't possess any knowledge of that being considered ghosting.

and how in what way did it effect the game/round in any form/shape of way?

I personally don't think it would really affect the game telling someone that you are dead even if UN ID'd, but I would also say at the near end of the round when the round is about to end and you may be a missing in action person, yes I understand that, but this is was RIGHT when the round started I was killed immediately.

and again please rule the fact that I still didn't possess any knowledge of that being considered a rule partied with ghosting.

SO AGAIN! the final decision will be placed by an admin or owner please, having the person who banned me get the rule over kinda makes it feel like that person is "GOD ALLMIGHTY" and that he is persistently trying to keep you from doing something (mother nature xD)

16. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

unlocked do to merging, second FurryKats next time please just ask any staff next time to unlock plz

17. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

FurryKats ban appeal

FIRST OFF;

I am locking the final decision to be made by ADMINS ONLY!
    NO MODS, NO VIP'S, NO RETIRED STAFF! GET IT STRAIGHT!

Again, I go in admin chat
    @ wow already killed
    (at the beginning of the round)
    then was going to say
    @ you guys should think of adding god mode for 30 seconds
    (but was cut off with all the mods spamming mic
    BAN HIM, BAN HIM FOR GHOSTING!

SINCE, it was no made clear to me that saying over any chat, PM'ing or admin chat any form of letting a living person know about your know abouts is considered ghosting. I now know that fact, I am trying to RULE OUT that
    1. I did not have much knowledge about ghosting to begin with
    2. I was never given a warning about ghosting
    3. I was never explained the rules about ghosting

So now will you rule the fact that I didn't know about this rules whereabouts and that, that specific thing said/done was considered "ghosting"
    I am only posting this again since KILLAMARSHAL doesn't deserve the right to deny my appeal, I am giving an admin the rights.

So please let the FACT known, that I do not possess any knowledge at that time that, going over ADMIN chat and saying that "wow already killed"
    and I forgot one thing, I didn't know my body was even un ID'd because there were inno's around my dead body at that time when I was killed, so rule that fact, and still RULE the FACT I didn't possess any knowledge of that being considered ghosting.

and how in what way did it effect the game/round in any form/shape of way?

I personally don't think it would really affect the game telling someone that you are dead even if UN ID'd, but I would also say at the near end of the round when the round is about to end and you may be a missing in action person, yes I understand that, but this is was RIGHT when the round started I was killed immediately.

and again please rule the fact that I still didn't possess any knowledge of that being considered a rule partied with ghosting.

SO AGAIN! the final decision will be placed by an admin or owner please, having the person who banned me get the rule over kinda makes it feel like that person is "GOD ALLMIGHTY" and that he is persistently trying to keep you from doing something (mother nature xD)

STOP TRYING TO DELETE IT

18. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

Re: FurryKats ban appeal

deal with this problem, and stop deleting it!

I'm trying to rule the fact that I didn't possess any knowledge of that being considered ghosting up untill now!

MY god man, deal with it!

19. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

im not delete it i move it to your original post

20. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

oh snickies!
    wellp no one told me that, mmk, but my topic was locked so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.