Screengrab. Stop hackers

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by My Dime Is Up, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

So I was on my server today, I noclip and this guy headshots me with a rifle while nocliping full speed. I do !sg Fluffy and to find he was using hacks. This is what showed up
    [​IMG]

I think screenrab can be VERY USEFUL when catching hackers. All you need to do is add it to the steam collection or use gmad extractor and install the files to the server. Then just configure which groups have the perm to use it. (NOTE: You can not do !sg {username} {over 70}. It must be 70 or below or else it does not grab the photo.

The link has been removed because teh author dis continued it but I can send the files from my dropbox. @Highwon @Sinz @Event Horizon What do you think. Should we add it?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It also has very serious user privacy concerns, which is why we don't use it. Screengrab captures Steam Community overlay as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I agree with Event, screengrab has serious privacy issues. I wouldn't want Sinz or Kenny looking at my Steam overlay.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

If you're invading privacy of 1000 players to catch 1 or 2; it looses its purpose.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Change-up

Change-up "Change is coming" VIP

Pretty good idea! Only if Steam Overlay was not visible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hey look, some addon that probably breaks some privacy laws or some shit that totally uses the next-gen technology of spectating and... oh.

Seriously, it's called having eyes. You know, :nerd: <these things? And also, /record 1... or fraps.exe. It's not hard. Also anti-scrubs have been suggested before pls use the search bar

'The link has been removed because teh author dis continued it' HMM WONDER WHY.

/thread

7. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

He quit gmod. It's on script fodder that's the reason. And if you check, he hasn't played in awhile

8. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Unless STTT displayed a disclaimer towards a player's joining along the lines of: "Your screen will be periodically snagged, a screenshot, to ensure the server's well being" in BIG RED LETTERS (Which players still ignore regularly towards their own ignorance, or just by not giving a shit). Which, theoretically, could be a way for us to get away with it. As well as limiting this to Admin+, which wouldn't be a problem anyhow. I like the idea, but it could be pulled off better.

9. Enigmatica

Still don't feel comfortable being able to see other people's chats and stuff. Even if only us lead admins had access to it..

10. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

There's always running in Windowed Mode and disabling in-game Steam Overlay to limit the "spying" that could occur. Although I don't think others would be too fond of doing that.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Enigmatica

We're sacrificing privacy and convenience of thousands of players to catch a select few that are using hacks?

No

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. ink

So you're willing to alt+tab out of the game to chat with friends on the steam client and alt+tab back in every 10 seconds to "make sure to catch a hacker"? Well, if you think he's aimbotting but your EVIDENCE is not enough to prove so, he probably isn't aimbotting. If you believe he is according to your evidence, then go ahead and post it. What is so hard about this? I don't understand. If you want to get those 2 out of 100000 players banned so bad, make your own server and do so. I'm not willing to do that and so aren't the PEOPLE WHO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO TAKE THESE SC's. However, since you are willing to do so, I recommend you talk to Highwon and have this set-up on your computer alone and have the admins take your screenshots. That's fine for me and you. (disclaimer: admins have full rights to these screenshots and can post/edit them)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

[​IMG]

Seriously, don't. plus you'll see my hacks

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. qsawz

qsawz VIP

this is similar to the key logging suggestion -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Pentrion

Pentrion Jake from State Farm VIP

So, let me get this straight... You wanna be able to screencap my screen, whenever you want, without telling me before, or as you're doing it, or even afterwards, to catch hackers...
    YYYEEEAAAHHH NO
    Go read George Orwell's 1984, and then understand why I hate this idea.... Yes it's not this bad, but once you let something as extreme as this happen, it suddenly is fine to add more, as it's only SLIGHTLY worse than this, and that, and suddenly, 1984 on STTT...
    Also, some new staff memeber having a bad day, or going to quit soon, or even just bored, could screencap random people and possibly use said capture against them...

Thanks, but I'll stick to the standard spectating in first-person while recording... (ProTip: Press 'r' while speccing someone to view in first person and type record 'enter name here' to record then stop to stop recording)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Because screen grabbing would be SO useful, I'm giving this suggestion my +1. I'm willing to sacrifice the privacy of other players just so I can catch a few hackers. 1 or 2 players out of thousands of players just so I could have a better play time. Hell, why not see what other players are seeing because they could be potential hackers as well right? This suggestion is SO CONVENIENT >.> (extreme sarcasm).

On a serious note, privacy is important and I'm not willing to have my own privacy or the privacy of others compromised just to catch a dumb hacker who would eventually get caught anyways using our usual methods. Your suggestion does indeed have a Big Brother feel to it and I DON'T want any of that BS on these servers. -1 from me.

17. Pentrion

Pentrion Jake from State Farm VIP

On a side note, do the people on your server know that you have this command? Do they know you can use it at anytime you please? Also, do they know when/if you take a screencap?

18. ink

Oh yeah if this isn't a part of the servers yet and you mentioned that the author has discontinued it; how did you take the screen grab anyway?

19. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

He's demonstrating it from his own server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.