Rejected sb deleted msg

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by nigel benn, Dec 17, 2017.

?

-

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

instead of having a message in sb disapear when deleted, have it say "deleted by ______"

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xerp

Xerp VIP

yes :blackalien:

3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'd rather be able to remove blackalien posts in silence so -1. >.>

• Funny x 4
    • Dumb x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

yes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

y

7. Elvis

Its just stupid and not needed

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1 it is just gonna cause arguments for no good reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

People deserve to know why they're being silenced. You can see a message deleted out of no where, but no accountability is given to the admin+ who deletes it so whoever's message is deleted they'll just have to sit around and question to what might as well be a graveyard, why was it deleted?

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Honestly, it creates more drama when your message gets deleted without knowing who it was or receiving an explanation. This doesn't apply to just SB, but all message deletions. Instead of knowing who or why, you either use guesswork, which sparks all sorts of drama, especially if you are on bad terms with a particular staff member, or you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and likely involve an admin or lead admin to get an answer.

And if you are really trying to avoid any drama, just give the name of whomever is the person in staffing hierarchy above them is . "In authority of HelixSpiral: Reason for Deletion"
    Edit: In case this is thread hijacking, I'm going to be safe and make my own suggestion

11. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I can see both sides on this but honestly showing or having any of the things mentioned above on showing who deletes the message would just cause more drama then we have. Most times we delete messages if they are 1. Outright blatant racial or homophobic slurs or just looking for trouble. Perfect example is the report Spud made against me when I had said I was deleting his messages. 2. Mainly jokes like the alien wars like Graze said jokingly above.

Sometimes going as far as asking who deleted your message in SB, they should come up and say something and should explain as to why.

TL;DR -1 to the fact that it will cause much more drama then is really needed as we have quite enough already.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Elvis

Nigga this is a gmod community lmao you don’t need to know everything that’s going on all the time. If a message gets deleted, and you are really that petty then take it to a report. No need adding some stupid shit lmao

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

But you're for making it punishable against players who spoil movies?

Ok

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  14. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

+1

15. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

dumb

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  16. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

This sums it up well.

While it may be enjoyable for many members to think we unfairly "silence" people like the secret police, the truth is that we rarely delete anything off Shoutbox anyway. We only keep it for things who blatantly break our rules - inappropriate images or links, blacklisted words (N word, F word) or messages/images that are too big and overflow. And these don't happen too often anyway.
    In practice, having those "notifications" will only stir up something that shouldn't be even that important. "Ahhh why did you delete this message you corrupted oppressive staff ahhh" is what we'll get out of this. If you're really that determined to know who did it you can just, you know, ask. That also works.

Thank you for suggesting.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.