RuneScape

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kythol, Jan 11, 2016.

1. dad y

dad y VIP

Its worth getting back into (avoid invention for a while), although trust me, money making has changed a ton since flax picking.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

I think I just might:) if anyone wants to add me pm me your usernames and I'll add:chicken:

3. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

A good video that doesn't just apply to OSRS, but to RuneScape in general.

It's never too late or the wrong time to get (back) into the game.

4. dad y

dad y VIP

If you go to the original post, our names are on there :p

5. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

My IGN is just MiGGo

I dont really play that much anymore, I just like goofing around on the Tournament Worlds when I feel like it.

6. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Going to be making a new RS3 account named RS3 4Head. We'll see how the account goes.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I think I've had my fill of runescape, glad someone mentioned it so I can play it nostalgically.

Nevertheless, if they just go ahead and perma ban anyone for fucking hamming out on their mining after I grind hours on end and claim it's a macro hack then they can suck a fat one especially because they're refusing to share the evidence and therefore I cannot refute their bullshit claims.

Back then, remember my 110 lvl account? Also banned for no good god damn reason. I appeal about 5 different times over the course of 6 years giving the same overwhelming evidence of my innocence and they flat out refused to unban me because something along the lines of "Though what you say and show is true, we believe that our evidence is also valid and therefore you must stay banned."

I remember now why I stopped playing it in the first place, they're quick to slash anyone off the game. Weird how I see hundreds of default character model bots at the ports or in the mining areas, and I get pinned with them after I put hours of damn hard work into my account. My previous account was perma banned just as easily, but for a different reason (i honestly forget, I think they thought I was getting gold from a jagex employee or something and wrote it off as me paying cash for it) and for the same reason I couldn't get it unbanned. Though it's a fun experience at first, I'm surprised I found the game interesting in the past. Maybe because I picked my name as 'Robokiller87' which is also the name of my previous lvl 110 account (shows that they probably deleted my previous account also if I was able to pick my name again) they just go ahead and trash my account again due to possible ties with my other account the moment they could hammer me for my actions that look like im doing a macro hack.

Idk if it's serious shit luck for me playing runescape, but rip

Anyway, thanks @Kythol for reminding me of the game. It was fun while it lasted and you should probably remove my name from the list of peeps on the OP.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  8. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Yeah, that's been an issue as of recent. Multiple accounts have been falsely flagged as botting and subsequently banned. Jagex needs to work on fixing their system so it doesn't raise false flags, or at least do more research before banning accounts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I have no idea how their system works, but I tend to see many bots with their random encounter NPC just with them w/o saying anything to them. Just letting their dialogue and exist time run out. Personally, it's not a BAD idea to throw NPCs onto bot players and over a certain number of occurrences with an NPC they'd probably flag them.

I personally think NPCs serve no purpose to someone who is basically self-sufficient so anyone probably over lvl 25 wouldn't need an NPC for anything. Maybe the genie for XP. I've dismissed every NPC after I hit level 50 mining and finished the dragon slayer quest which was like 1.5 weeks ago or so because their shit would just clog my inventory. So my guess is they used all my dismisses as an excuse coupled with my mining grinding to ban me. I was so fucking close to 1 mill G too ;-;

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  10. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Happy double exp weekend for all of those playing rs3. I'm finally getting 99 firemaking on my main this weekend due to the double exp, so that'll be nice. After that any money I have on the account I'll move over to my RS3 4Head account.

Also, if you don't know, this weekend is Gameblast, and RuneScape is doing a 24 hour charity livestream currently at twitch.tv/RuneScape. They also have the Well of Goodwill ingame, in which you can put money and items into to donate to charity. Each 1m in OSRS gp is equal to $1, and each 10m in RS3 gp is equal to $1m. You can also put bonds into the well at some price that I'm unsure of. I liquidate my bank every year on OSRS. This year I was able to put a little bit over 20m into the well, which equals about $20. It just gives me something to do in game.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  11. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Got back into old school rs

Username = Plus 99 HP (it's old as fuck)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

[​IMG] Since they added placeholders I finally organized my bank lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old School Runescape is currently celebrating the 10 year anniversary of this ''event''

They opened a new world called ''World 666'' where you can PK with free supplies in Falador, and an NPC called ''Durial321'' roams the area and attacks players.
    The devs even made their own version of the song playing in the original Falador Massacre video. I dont even play this game anymore, but this was seriously pretty cool.

14. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

"Silent Rebel" osrs zerker pure work in process, gonna be doing lots of pvp when I'm finished.

Runescape has an automated system in place that monitors mouse movement. It's very easy to distinguish legitimate play from botting, and at this point in time, you will almost always get banned if you macro. Don't bot on accounts you don't want to lose. I've been involved extensively in the botting community (Learned my lesson, I play legit accounts now). False macro bans are almost impossible to get a this point. Btw not calling you a liar, I think there may have been cases of people being falsely banned for using mousekeys, but no cases have really been verified yet.
    1: Random events no longer have anything to do with the botwatch system. They were original designed to stop bots, but jagex made them optional once they realized how easily bots got around them. This ended up making random events only annoy legit players as bots didn't give a shit.
    2: Here's an example of how the botwatch system works. Most bots uses random generation algorithms to generate clicks. Here's the problem. Humans aren't random. The first picture shows what it looks like when a bot program uses random generation to determine where to click. A bot will see the item clickable area, and just distribute clicks randomly. This isn't noticeable as you are playing, but if you map the clicks over a long period, it's very easy to notice the difference.
    [​IMG]
    You can see how all of the clicks are evenly distributed. This is a red flag, and the automated system will catch this very quickly.
    Pictured below is how humans play. They tend to click in the center of the item, so the clicks are less random and more like a centered glob.
    [​IMG]
    This is just one example, but basically botwatch just looks for shit like this. At this point in time, it's very very good at it's job (catching most bots within a week, most within a few days or even hours), and not worth botting on any account you'd be willing to lose.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

Man, the look of OSRS brings back soooo many memories..I really wish I could find the interest to play that game again as it used to be serious fun! I actually remember the fally massacre aswell..:ROFLMAO:

16. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

I tried playing OSRS, but I was turned off by the fact that I had to start all over. Despite the lower population, I still enjoy playing RS3 and, at the risk of being ostracized, like the EoC system. It adds more versatility in what players can do in combat.

17. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Like a lot of people say, the rebuild is the most rewarding part of the game.
    I would definitely go back if I had the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/3tvbt8/permanent_macro_major_bans_update/
    False bans do happen, but the only reason for them that has been discovered is account hijacking.

18. Silent Rebel

Having your account hijacked doesn't mean it's a false ban

"Just to add - this was not a false positive - the account was hijacked, and the macro ban occurred when it was hijacked. Our detection systems (which we have been working to improve) identified the unusual activity on the account, and we removed the ban."

My point still stands. If the account has not been botted on, it will not be banned. Someone hacked that guys account and botted on it, so it was promptly banned for macroing. That is not a false ban

The fact that he was banned so quickly after having his account hijacked just shows how fast botting will get you banned, since I assume he didn't have that much time to rack up any serious botting time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes, I agree that's what I myself said in the post :p
    Technically the owner of the account is innocent, making him a victim of a ''false'' ban. But like I said the reason for the ''false'' ban has so far always been account hijacking. If the original owner of the account never finds out that their account was hijacked and that it was a different user botting on their account, I can definitely see why someone would feel that they are a victim of injustice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Silent Rebel

Here's my WIP zerker pure i recently made. Add him if you'd like, "Silent Rebel". I just need to complete fremennik trials to get 45 defense (it's all been quested so far), then I need to a bunch more questing for barrows gloves. Right now I've just been doing small quests in between getting the quest requirements done.
    first 10m on new account
    [​IMG]

stats (pretty weak, not much time for training, only quest requirements)
    [​IMG]

here's my worth right now (I buy bonds for my zerker and my Ironman, so that's where my GP usually ends up going)
    [​IMG]

equipment
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016