RuneScape

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kythol, Jan 11, 2016.

1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

RSN = Runescape name?

Same as the one i got here. Robokiller87

ty, it'll be mighty helpful :D

EDIT: I also won't be considering RS membership until I basically do all Free member shit. Gotta get pre-buff :woot:

rip

@Kythol
    Maybe it'll help everyone out to list their RSN in the OP for RS friends list + help if peeps feeling up to it + shit. Add to OP by request of.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. dad y

dad y VIP

@Robokiller87 The only problem with that is the OSRS vs RS3. There'd need to be two sections for them, maybe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Played loads when i was a lot younger, RS3 is full of mircotransactions & P2W last time reddit made a post about it.

Only way i'd hop back on was to the old rs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dad y

dad y VIP

I don't see the P2W aspect. You can't buy skills, you can't buy money. Can't buy weaponry with real money unless you go outside the game and pay someone, but that's not Jagex's side.

5. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

This is actually untrue. There is a person named "A friend" who makes runescape videos who made an account where he only uses the treasure hunter mini game and right now his account has like a 2000+ total and has over a 700m bank all from using treasure hunter and buying keys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. dad y

dad y VIP

Ah. I don't use the th besides daily keys. But I guess if you count that, but how much money has he spent on keys?

7. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

A lot of money. It's not practical but it can be done heres a link to the video if you're interested.

8. dad y

dad y VIP

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but its so impractical, I honestly wouldn't count that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Koanga

Koanga gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8 VIP

I don't play the game but I watch A Friend's videos and some other people's videos for fun. A noteworthy fact about his "not p2w" account is that he has probably spent at least $5000 on these keys in order to get his stats to that point (he has disclosed spending about 1600 in one of his videos, and he has several). This is feasible for someone like him since he makes well over the average salary for people in his country just from YouTube.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  10. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Alright, if you want your runescape name added to the name list, post here which game types you play (rs3, osrs, or both) and your usernames and I'll add you to the corresponding list.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  11. dad y

dad y VIP

Name: The Absol
    Game type: RS3

12. Saviik

Saviik VIP

I miss Runescape in a sense. I'd post my account stats if I wasn't permabanned lol

13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I'd get back into runescape but I have 99 range on rs3..
    [​IMG]

Does old school rs require membership? I might try to get back into it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  14. CorallocinB

I think I've done well for a few days.

[​IMG]

Edit: lvl 36 combat

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CorallocinB

Nah. Well, you still have to buy it for the membership shit.

But it's F2p and P2p n' whatever.

16. fateburn

fateburn 自分のためが VIP

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Oldschool DID require membership, but early last year they released permanent f2p, which allows you to play f2p as long as you want. So no, it does not require membership.

18. CorallocinB

Nice way to help me keep track of how I've been doing, lvl 51 rn.

[​IMG]

If someone wants to help me out with the Shield of Arrav quest that'd be nice so I can have all the quests done.

19. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

[​IMG] Made a few gains since I first made this thread. Had to get 63 hunter because of an elite clue I got (also, Jagex needs to fix the bot situation) and decided to start going for 70s in all skills. 10 more to go, but will probably be down to 9 when I finish up smithing tonight. Going to hate thieving the most out of any all of the skills because of how much I despise the skill in general. Not a fan of the money drain that construction is either ._. . Also been doing a lot of barrows lately.

20. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

I haven't really been into rs since 2010.. I really wanted to get back into it but it has changed so much, I kinda don't wanna start from scratch on a ours account either but at the same time I wanna play, I miss the days of picking flax for hours and then turning them into bow strings heheheo_O is it worth getting back into in your guys opinions?

Edit: also if I was to get back in who'd be willing to play?rs was always fun with friends:3

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016