Rule Controversy

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dawg Chowder, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawg Chowder

Dawg Chowder Regular Member

There's been a lot of controversy over a few rules that I would like to be reconsidered. Despite any response I will respect the rules, these are just suggestions on behalf of me and some of the other people on the server.

1) Shooting at somebody is Traitorous
    This rule seems to be causing a few problems. I agree shooting at somebody can be traitorous, but not in all senarios. This can cause a lot of rdm by accident if you "randomly" shoot into a crowd of people shooting. 50% of the time, you're wrong and kill an inno. And when you kill an inno, then somebody can kill you for either shooting or killing an inno, thus leading to chain rdmfest. The usual way to check if somebody is a traitor is wait until one of them kill eachother and see if they check the body. If they ID them a traitor, they are proven. Otherwise they are a traitor and kosable.

2) T baiting with a 1 hit weapon is no longer kosable.
    This rule seemed to have no problems when it was kosable. Nobody was really upset about this it seemed. Most importantly, tbaiting with a 1 shot weapon can lead to ACCIDENTAL kills, just like grenades, which are kosable when thrown. This is especcially important on maps like rooftops and metropalis. When you see people shooting a 1 shot weapon AT somebody(maybe you). You should beable to shoot back at the killer before he kills you or the guy you see him shooting at.

3) Smoke Grenades kosable like the other grenades.
    I think that smoke grenades are traitorous, however they can only block vision and aren't capable of killing. I believe you should beable to mark suspicion on somebody for throwing a grenade, but not kill them over it. I believe this should not be a rule primarly so players will wait to see if the grenade explodes instead of somebody dropping it and getting killed for it which will, again, start an rdm chain. Also a lot players come on the server without knowing smoke grenades are kosable and get killed for it aswell.

Rule Proposal
    1) Tbaiting around somebody with less than 20 hp with a gun or crowbar that could 1 hit you with a body shot becoming tbaiting with a 1 shot weapon. If you're low hp there's no point if you have to wait to get hit to shoot back. If somebody is obviously trying to kill you, you should beable to shoot back even if you dont have much of a chance.

I think there is another rule that is highly debated, I'll list it if I think of it.

2. Nummy

Nummy Banned

dawg everyone hates your suggestions though

3. Nummy

Nummy Banned

i hate these suggestions -1

4. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I agree to the above suggestion except the smoke grenade point. +1 for the 1 shot weapon T-Baiting being KOSable.

5. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

The only thing keeping the 1 shot weapon from being kos is that it is impossible to track. So anyone killing another person with a rifle could claim "He shot near me so I killed him!". From what I understand we may have a system in place at a later date that could help us with tracking shots and aligning timings.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  6. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

i just hate getting killed by a less skilled t that has a shotgun, sniper, or deagle who misses 4-5 shots and finally gets you. You cant do anything... just have to stand there and hope they dont connect with an instakill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.