Answered Rule clarification

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by The CrimsonFuckr, May 6, 2017.

1. 1. Someone claims I walked over an unid body. Another person who DIDN'T see it happen calls a kos based on the first person's claim.

Is this a valid kos?

2. Person walks over 3 unids, I follow behind them iding the bodies they are walking past. After the 3rd body I kill them. I'm then slain for not having video evidence of him walking over the bodies.

Is this a valid slay?

2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

no, no imo

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

1) I wouldn't say that it is a valid KOS. The point of a valid KOS being called is witnessing a traitorous act being committed and trying to get that player killed. This is usually why players attempt to kill the one who committed the traitorous acts through actual action or KOSes.
    2) If you have proof that there were unid bodies, then you shouldn't have been slain.

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

for #2 he said he didnt have proof, it should have been word vs word imo, unless theres some rule about the unids having to show up on ds.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zigles

Zigles Rule #1: Never trust a Zigles VIP

1: This is not a valid kos, they have to have seen you commit the traitorous act personally. If someone else called a kos first and the person was reiterating that initial kos, that would be fine but if they are the first to call the kos and they didn't see a traitorous act committed personally, it is not valid.

2: This is not a valid slay. Just because you do not have proof of the player walking over the bodies does not make your reason for killing the player invalid. If a moderator slayed you for this, I would advise you talk to their admin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Honestly, even without proof, you shouldn't really have been slain in the first place unless there actually isn't any unid bodies.

7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I agree with Zigles here. For further clarification for #1, here are valid KOS's from the extended rules:

[​IMG]

The appropriate response from the second player would to ask the original player to call KOS if he claims to have seen a traitorous action.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MythMe

MythMe VIP

You can't call a kos because of a t-act you didn' see.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Back again with another question.

So i come around a corner and see another player. I'm thinking "this guy might be a t so i better keep an eye on him". So i move away from him moving backward while looking at him. He then kills me and says there is an unid body behind me. Thing is since i was facing him the entire time not only could i not have seen it but i hadn't actually passed it yet before he killed me. Is this a legit kill?

10. Fransiee [Flatsh]

Fransiee [Flatsh] Active Member

Isn't it the job of the mods/admins to provide evidence that he did or did not pass those bodies when un ID'ed? I've been rdm'ed a lot of times past week to situations where the mod didn't provide a slay because they couldn't see deathscene. even when it's the simplest most logical slay where I get shot for no reason and kill the dude and he doesn't even give solid evidence or explenation, i still get the "I can't go in deathscene" explenation.

11. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

As Guilty already said, if unidentified bodies were passed, you should not be slain for killing the person who passed them.

Regarding your question about evidence, yes, staff must be certain before issuing punishment and are required to have evidence to back up our decisions.

In extension thereof, for some scenarios, without the death scene our hands are tied as we cannot prove nor disprove some factors, including but not limited to: the presence of unidentified bodies, whether someone was t-baiting or shooting straight up in the air, etc.

If you have further questions regarding this, feel free to start conversation with me and I'll do my best to explain anything you need clarification on :)

12. Zigles

Zigles Rule #1: Never trust a Zigles VIP

This situation depends on if there is a possibility you could have seen it. If you turned the corner and it could have been in your view from that corner, then yes that is a valid kill.

If it was all the way down the hallway behind you and you could not have seen it unless you turned that way, then no that would not be a valid kill as you did not pass nor choose to not id the body. Unless you walk over the body or see it and not id it, you cannot be killed for it.

However, if it is close to you then you are still responsible for identifying it. If it is say down the hallway in the basement of 67th way past the water trap and you come down the ladder next to the detective room and you turn right, you cannot be killed for that body. However, if it is say next to the door that leads to the traitor room near the detective room and you come down the same ladder and turn right and don't see it, then that would be close enough to kill you for even if you did not see it.