Rejected Rule Change

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Loli-Pop, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I’m with Togo, maximum free speech

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

It used to be a rule before Opal and Helix updated the extended rules, but in their version it wasn't initially included in the exact wording of the harassment rule.

Robo then suggested to add a clause that says they're not okay in almost any context and it was added.

I think this is where people are getting the fact that the rule is Opalium's corrupt taint from.

In MangoTango's extended rules revision it was removed again but no one really took the update seriously and kept going with the previous policy until now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Penny

Penny VIP

The fact that you censored them means you understand that some slurs are worse to say than others. If you wouldn't have a problem saying them I would understand the rule change but at this point, it was just a stupid mistake that's brought nothing but more trolls to the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

:vomit:

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

Damn, it's almost like banning all slurs is exactly what I've been suggesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

No censorship commie

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

I can't really argue that it isn't censorship. But if you're really okay with all this shit that people can get away with, then I can't really say much else. But "haha it's just a meme, le epic funny" right dude .-.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. food

food VIP

But they can't get away with it? Like, even if we get rid of the slurs rule, harassment and spam still apply.
    I'm not sure how easily offended people get, but almost always when people slur on gmod, they never actually mean it and are just doing it to either a) deliberately piss someone off or b) be funny.
    I used to think that a better way to improve this rule is to only mute when someone is actually, visibly offended, but that's basically how harassment is handled already.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

I feel like people who play a game that's rated M should be able to handle words they don't like, and if they don't there's features built within the game to mute people client-side, not just from the admins.

It's as if it was there the whole time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Loli-Pop

Loli-Pop Active Member

GMod has no ESRB rating and the ESRB doesn't rate online interactions. Oops. :/

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
  11. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

You mean a game about killing people, burning their bodies, hiding, deceit, lies, and the ESRB doesn't rate online interactions-

Wow, it's like you shouldn't be able to censor people.

I hate people like you, honestly. I really do. I hate the fact that you think because words offend you that it means that it merits censorship. I hate that you think that it's okay to do that. I can't imagine what happened in your life that made you believe that censoring people will somehow protect you, because honestly, all it does is give those words more power, those terms, whatever. You're letting words dictate how you feel.

I hope you grow up and get outside and see what it's like. Nobody really cares what offends you. Only you do. As an adult, you should be respectful and ask people to not say things, but dictating how people speak is fucking retarded.

Just like this suggestion.

TLDR:

Fuck you commie

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Yeah you tell em!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

fuck yeah brother tell those damn melting snowflake wife-sharing safe-space having LIBERALS to get offended over something that actually concerns them!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Do you really need to bring political bullshit into this?

In all seriousness though, I'm not exactly thrilled about the recent rule change but whining about it isn't going to help. If you really want someone to be punished for dropping slurs in chat whenever there isn't a staff member on, just record them and use the footage as evidence for a report here on the forums.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

bruh i swear you take the dumbest shit seriously

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Dude hit me with 7 of em lmao

Exit Oh shit boiiz make that 9

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

every time i use the n word i get muted wtf
    this is not fair why only me
    +1

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Bite me.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

I'm coming to your house, breaking in, and giving you malaria.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.