Rule change: Picking up T-weapons is not Traitorous.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by AAAAAAAAAAAAA, Jun 30, 2017.

?

should miggo just fucking stop

1. no, good suggestion miggo keep it up proud of u

52 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. go to bed

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Ouh you can bypass this faster than a macaroni race car.

You can still kill someone for having a traitor weapon and since you saw someone pick it up you know they have it

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

That's with the current ruleset. Right now you can kill someone for picking up a Traitor gun, because that means they are doing the Traitorous act of having a T-equipment. However, the reason that is Traitorous in the first place, is because the way they are acquired is from the Traitor menu, so it makes no sense to kill someone for picking up a T-item, because you know for a fact they didnt get it from the Traitor menu and therefore can't know for sure what their role is.

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

So change the traitorous act to: equipping or using a T-item?

4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I'm just going to bump this. It's still a dumb rule.
    -Merely picking up an item is proof of nothing. Anyone can do it.
    -It's a Loophole. Unless you are recording, there is no evidence for or against it, and I don't think even the deathscene can tell you. Like most loopholing, it is a risk if they are recording/being recorded, but outside of such a recording, or somehow not a single T buying any thing, it will always let you get away with it.
    -There is no complication. Just say "Taking out a T-weapon is KOSable" instead of "Having"

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

+1 its dumb how u can be killed for picking something up
    i dont see how it would benefit traitors to pick up a t weapon
    also 99% of people who do this are toxic players

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. I agree with this suggestion 100%. Dumb rule that you can kos for just picking up a T weapon; any person can pick something up. The danger lies only in if you have it out.

Arguably it's stupid NOT to pick up a harpoon so that a T can't use it, but no one picks them up because they're too worried they'll be kosed for it.

7. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

Toxic af

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  8. Cain

Cain Bronze

+1 I agree that the rule should be changed, its extremely stupid for someone to flat out kill you or kos you just for picking up a traitor weapon off the ground. I honestly think that the person who picked up the said traitor weapon, should make everybody is aware that you found it and picked it up, so nobody will just flat out and kill you for it. If the person who called it out said "I found this knife off the ground" while no traitors have been killed yet or identified, it should be considered t baiting. I also can see some flaws in this, if people who called it out are just walking around with a traitor weapon out and isn't proven that should be considered a traitorous act. Since nobody will really trust someone who is holding out a harpoon or a jihad and hasn't been proven hit, if they have already been proven I wouldn't see a problem in them holding out a t weapon

9. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I mean, this is pretty insignificant, but I can't see why not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  10. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I support this as there are points where there is a T weapon laying on the ground next to an unid'd traitor, you id it and pick up the weapon, you are screwed either way

11. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

It's pretty much exclusively used as a loophole, which is why it's so infrequently brought up, I'd say.

12. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Big +1 good suggestion

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

That’s fine, I’ll let you pick up a t weapon, but if I see you out with it you’re a dead man +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

In my time as both a normal player and as mod, I've yet to see a kill made for picking up T weapons that wasn't "I killed you because I can".
    Many people will not notice unless it's something big like a harpoon, or choose not to kill regardless - unless it's held out.
    When it happens, it typically seems to be a rule-justified kill, more so than a gameplay incentivized one.
    Or more plainly: because I can, not because I have a real reason to.

I agree with the change :sleep:

15. +1

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. mega +1

17. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

i have a question!!!
    • It is no longer traitorous to possess a traitor weapon. It is still traitorous to use or equip a traitor weapon. But simply picking one up and having it in your inventory is not a traitorous act. You must witness someone using or equipping the weapon to kill them for it.
    what if i equip the traitor weapon in order to drop it??? can people still kill me for doing such thing???!!! i mean i equipped a traitor weapon!

19. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Yep. So do it with caution. Go hide somewhere and drop it there.

20. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Why wouldn't you just add that to the rules mate.

EDIT

I stand corrected.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.