Rule Change: C4/Tripmine Callouts & Proximity (Edit 5/16/17)

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by john redcorn, May 12, 2017.

1. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

If you, me, and Ravin are all in a room with a T door, Ravin walks into the T room, and I don't shoot nor do I call him out, you can KOS me for GBA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

False, if I shoot towards the player going into the T room, that is sufficient. No need for a call out.

EDIT: missed the part where you said "don't shoot". But yea ultimately in those cases shooting is sufficient. But in the case with c4, you are expecting players to just call out which is different from the GBA rule. What if a person is trying to defuse the bomb but is taking 5-6 seconds to decide which wire to cut. Can you kill him now cause he is close to it but not calling it out?

3. Dolph1n

Well, you didn't say anything about shooting. But yeah, if you shoot it's sufficient.

4. Dolph1n

Shooting someone who is clearly trying to defuse a C4 sounds like toxic gameplay to me, I feel like you should make the C4 rule situation-based and let people use common sense for it, however because of the fact that moderators cannot use discretion that would get pretty tough.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

To clear any confusion here. You are still very much able to call out C4 locations.

6. I'm deaf and can't hear the C4 so I'm glad to know that I won't be getting killed for walking past them unknowingly anymore.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Yes but people aren't required to do so anymore so there will be less callouts. So from people saving their ass and other people it's now people just saving themselves and leaving other innocents to die.

8. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Once a Traitorous act, Always a Traitorous act, if anything the new rule will cause more RDMs and slays instead of less.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

I don't think that people call out C4s just to avoid being killed from that old ruling. It is a natural tendency for average players to call out a C4 for their team, and most of the time, they hear it before they even see it.

I would like to clear up a misconception here from the old ruling. No one was allowed to kill a player for just being near a C4 (that'd considered RDM if they do), so defusing the bomb wouldn't be traitorous, but if they ran away and did not call out the C4, that was considered traitorous.

Also, it's confusing to tell if a player is planting or defusing a C4 in the first place, which is why players can get away with planting C4s in the middle of everyone. A fix to discern planting/defusing would at least balance the C4 better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dolph1n

Do what CSGO does and have a visual defuse kit if you interact with it after it's planted.

11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Nice lads, not only did you make being T easier with the C4, now T's can use any equipment and get away with it!

Kill me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Dolph1n

What are the administration's thoughts on this?

14. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

We've discussed the idea and decided against it. Decoys and radios can easily go unnoticed in comparison to unided bodies and the such, and often times do.

Here's an example given by Highwon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Is holding C4/Tripwire/Traitor equipment still traitorous?

If yes, then why? It seems kinda backwards.

16. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Having t equipment should still be a t act.