Rule Change: C4/Tripmine Callouts & Proximity (Edit 5/16/17)

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by john redcorn, May 12, 2017.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Recently, our list of traitorous acts has received an update.
    Planting, hiding, or arming c4 is still a traitorous act. Not calling out a c4 is no longer a traitorous act.

This change was made to accommodate all players more fairly. Being able to kill a player without a mic for running to safe distance away from a c4 before calling it out did not feel fair at all.

Open to questions and comments.

EDIT (May 16th, 2017): It is no longer KOS-able or traitorous to be near a C4 or tripmine and not call it out. Here is a screen-cap directly from the updated extended rules for reference:

[​IMG]
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-ttt-extended-rules.12605/

• Agree x 12
    • Dumb x 9
    • Winner x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. nice, i can finally play the game now

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I suppose this makes sense, someone could plant a 10 minute c4 and no one wants to defuse it for fear of killing other players, but they shouldnt be kosd if they walk by it. We'll see how this plays out.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

What if they clearly have time to call it out? If I see a guy walk out of a room with 40 secs left on the C4 I can't kill him if he doesnt call it out even though what he is doing is clearly something an innocent should never do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

That is correct. You can call them under suspicion, but this is no longer a traitorous act.

6. Jässa

I get that but why? That C4 there is just as dangerous at 40 seconds as a tripwire. He has more than enough time to call it out in normal chat and make it to safe distance. Reasoning of "mic players are favored" doesn't make sense here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Because something like this simply needs an "all or nothing" blanket rule, and ruling it this way prevents the lose lose situations some players may face. One such scenario may be calling c4 and dying since typing took them too long to get a safe distance from it, or waiting to call our a c4 until you are a safe distance away only to get killed for not calling it out immediately.

This is a change made to accommodate all players more fairly after all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

A c4 is only used on like 2 maps
    B whats the point of calling out something everyone can hear
    C not everyone has a mic and they don't want to type it in risk of getting killed
    D calling out c4 is something people go out of their way to do

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

My only thing is that it takes you only half a second to type "C4!". You could spare the details of where after you run but you can still call it out and run just as fast as someone with a mic. Unless that half a second is really that big of a crutch to players without mics I don't really see the need for a rule change that just makes it easier for T's to get away with planting C4's.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I love this rule change, great work by the staff team uppers in actually working of making it more balanced for some of us more mic shy players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

Thank you for this change. My game has always been buggy and I never could hear C4 unless I stood 1 feet infront of it. Many time I got kosed for finding a c4 or simply not being able to hear it.

12. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Glad I can look at a c4, watch the timer go down, look someone dead in the eyes and say, "we are all going to die."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Does this apply to trip wires, decoys, radios, etc? I always thought it was traitorous to not call out c4s because it was considered hiding it

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Nope, this new ruling is only applicable to C4. Failure to call out Tripmines and the sort is still Traitorous. Hiding would be classified as more literal in a sense like if you were to trying to cover up a radio with props/bodies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Clue is gonna suck even more now

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I'd say that if I can clearly see there is 40+ seconds left on a C4 and someone walked past without calling it out, I should be able to kill them. Not my fault if you can't take 2 seconds of your playtime to type out "C4!" when you clearly have enough time to do that and escape the blast area.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Making the game even easier for traitors, nice.

The ruling has never been an issue, didn't need to be changed, nice to know I can now plant C4s in the middle of a room and claim I was only looking at them and get away with T acts now.

• Agree x 13
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  18. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I don't use mic but I have no problem calling out C4's

It only takes a few seconds, and I mean, if it's at like 5 secs, it's not like I could run away anyways.

I don't get why this rule change was necessary. It takes so fucking little time to call out C4 when typing.

It's just 2 characters.

Well, now I can just go run around in clue and plant c4's without anyone being able to kill me for it. Yay, make T sided C4 maps even more T sided.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

• I see a player running away from a c4 that's about to explode without calling it out, naturally I would think he's trying to save himself from the c4 and I shouldn't kos him.
    • I see a player running away from a c4 that has plenty of time without calling it out, naturally I would think he's a T who just planted the c4 and I should kos him.
    • I see a player sitting next to a c4 with plenty of time and watching players around it without calling it out, naturally I would think he's a T who is babysitting the c4 and I should kos him.
    • I see a player sitting right next to and looking at a c4 that is about to explode without calling it out, naturally I would think he's trying to defuse the c4 and I shouldn't kos him.

In TTT, it's a player's job to interpret the information of the situation at hand to discern if someone is a T; it is what makes TTT fun and unique from a deathmatch game. Rules give us guidelines to follow, telling us if certain acts are kosable, yet it doesn't mean we kill players just because we can. Ex. I know a player is proven but he has an mp7 out, naturally I wouldn't kill him for it.

The older rule of walking away from c4's allowed us to have the option of killing a player from running from a c4 without calling it out, which in some situations would be the natural choice. This new rule doesn't give us the option to act on any situation regarding sitting at or running from c4, even if it would be common sense a player is a T.

I can understand that you're trying to be fair to players without mics, but players without mics at a disadvantage in so many other ways (Saying there's a tripmine, calling off false koses, etc.), it doesn't make sense to change this rule because they can't easily call stuff out. Players with and without mics have binds for nading/jihading, it would be simple to set one up to say "C4!".

tl;dr give us freedom to interpret and act on situations regarding c4.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jässa

bind "key" "watchout for C4"

Problem solved. Faster than voice chat, the player hitting the bind doesnt need to stop either. I fail to see how a complete rulechange was necessary when players without mics can just use bindings for C4 warning like they do for other warnings.

• Agree Agree x 1