Answered Rule against Tripmines

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by STONEY, May 17, 2017.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Ok so this just happened and doesn't make any sense why the kill was RDM.

I open a door and the tripmine goes off on the other side. There's a guy in the room watching and waiting for me to come in and die. When he could've easily destroyed it himself. The fact that he was in the same room, alone, watching and waiting for someone to come through the door and die should give me beyond reasonable doubt he is in fact a T.

I killed him and was slain based on RDM.

It would be very different with a C4 cause there's a specific wire to pull, but with tripmines all you need to do is shoot to destroy.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Gazzy

Gazzy they're GREAT! VIP

Trip mines and c4 have same but you can't kill on sus you can only kill if they are planting it or carrying it.

3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/rule-change-c4-tripmine-callouts-proximity-edit-5-16-17.39848/

This thread will help to explain the situation. The old rules would allow for you to kill them if they saw the trip mine or c4 and not call it out. However, with the new rules, we cannot allow players to kill for staring at a trip mine even if they don't call it out unless you see them specifically activate it. No matter how obvious it is, if you don't have the information necessary to play by these new rules, it is a punishable offense now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. STONEY

The new Tripmine rule being set in this scenario is going beyond logic...

Say he didn't plant the tripmine he still would've been able to see who did cause of the fact of the door opening causes it to go off meaning he was the only one to go in/out of the room when it was planted.

5. STONEY

Does this mean if I see someone successfully walk through the wire without setting it off I can't kill them? Where's the logic?

6. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

No, you can still use common sense. If a tripwire doesn't explode as he walks through it, it's either planted by him or his traitor buddies which means he's a traitor or did a traitorous act.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. STONEY

Right and I felt I killed this guy using common sense cause he was in the room with the only door leading into it being shut meaning anyone else who opened it to leave would've set the tripmine off.

8. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

The only argument that could be used against you in that point is maybe someone planted it to prevent him from leaving and he did not know he could shoot it, or assumed by shooting it, it would kill him. Because you did not directly witness him plant it or walk through it, it almost throws common sense out the window.

9. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

IF the room is sufficiently small and has only one exit, AND the door opens one way, AND there's no dead T body in there, you could argue that you had certainty predicated on the fact that the guy either set it, or is GBA with the one who did (if the door escapes into the T room or has a teleporter mark or something). This has little or nothing to do with the new ruling on tripmines/C4s if you can be certain a traitorous act occurred in this room.

I feel like a lot of folks these days have forgotten that you can be certain of an act without its happening within two feet of you.