Roll the Dice (!rtd) ?

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Chewie, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

I haven't seen this posted before and i'm surprised it hasn't. I searched !rtd and roll the dice so before everyone comes and attacks me that this was already a suggestion, I tried.

Anyways, a few days ago a bunch of people came to our server because theirs was down for the day (we had about 30 people on) and all of them began complaining that we didn't have !rtd. I never knew what !rtd actually was, and they explained to me the general idea of it, and thought its such a great idea and would definitely improve our server if we can customize our own effects.

I think this would be really cool to have and with our amazing developing team we can add some different effects to attract a wider audience. If this is even possible.

Here's an example of what !rtd does.

I think if we were to only allow once per round use and maybe have it cost a certain amount of points, we could solve any issues with players spamming it throughout the whole game it wouldn't be to bad to have.

Now, I don't know how developing plugins really works, so I'm just going to name a few effects that we can possibly add (if even possible.)

- Add a slower effect to the death/deaths for that round. (not too much so its impossible to counter bhoppers.)
    - Disable auto jump for the player using the command. (Just for one round of course)
    - Give players a certain amount of points, maybe have a higher chance for a smaller amount of points, and lower chance for a higher amount of points, maybe max being 1000?
    - Give players a speed boost/slow effect for either the whole round or a certain period of time.
    - Give the player an invisibility effect for maybe 10 seconds?
    - Kill the user of the command.
    - Take points from the user of the command.
    - Give players flashbangs/smokes.
    - Invincibility effect for 5 seconds (just enough to get through one trap.)

Let me know if this is too much to ask for, or give me some other ideas that we could add to this and I can edit it in. :D

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

Hey, I like your idea, I personally want this added to the server. +1

However, if this were to be added; we would have to get rid of records since players would be able to become invincible, allowing the player to run through traps unharmed and or being able to finish the map very quickly if you were to become invisible.

- This would be a fun addition to the server, but we would have to more than likely get rid of the records.
    - Maybe not kill the user but rather damage them just a tad bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

Problem with this, it would get complicated if someone falls off in a trap like the very first one on helix.

This could be problematic for the deaths.

Aside from those two, I like the idea. +1

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Anything that makes deathrun more popular +1

Make it so if you decide to roll the dice that run won't be recorded for the rankings if possible to fix the RNG problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I've used this on different servers. A lot of fun honestly so +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

rngesus please.

thoughts:

Since this would be more or less the equivalent of 'fun rounds' for deathrun, I feel like usage should have a rather lengthy cool-down to it. Maybe one usage per player every 10-20 minutes, or better yet, once a map.

I think the points caps should be similar around hidden/reaper fun round earnings at the most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gerry

gerry VIP

yeh other servers have a sort of thing that allows !rtd every 5 minutes or only one person can !rtd at a time

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

!rtd

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

@Highwon @Opalium any thoughts? Reply if you see this and have time, thanks!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

This seems like !roll on an old MelonBomber server I played on. +1

• Like Like x 1
  11. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

+1 I like the idea

• Like Like x 2
  12. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I think that's a pretty good idea actually. Used to have RTD back in TF2, it's always a nice thing.
    @PixeL and I will see what we can come up with.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

So for something like deathrun, I see nothing but anger using RTD and resulting in

- Add a slower effect to the death/deaths for that round. (not too much so its impossible to counter bhoppers.)
    - Disable auto jump for the player using the command. (Just for one round of course)
    - Give players a certain amount of points, maybe have a higher chance for a smaller amount of points, and lower chance for a higher amount of points, maybe max being 1000?
    - Give players a speed boost/slow effect for either the whole round or a certain period of time.
    - Give the player an invisibility effect for maybe 10 seconds?
    - Kill the user of the command.
    - Take points from the user of the command.
    - Give players flashbangs/smokes.
    - Invincibility effect for 5 seconds (just enough to get through one trap.)

#1: If they're slowed by any extent, Bhoppers win.
    #2: This will absolutely piss off bhoppers, and also the common DR player. If you can't jump you'll fall down in a trap you could otherwise avoid.
    #3: More speed? Why not just let bhoppers win? Less speed? Why not just let deaths win?
    #4: Invisibility? That's begging for bhoppers to finish the map in 10 seconds and they possibly can.
    #5: Who would ever want to wait 5-10 minutes for a DR round to finish all because some RNG decided you have to die?
    #6: invincibility? Bhoppers can get thru multiple traps in 5 seconds, and some traps can last as long as 5 seconds making invincibility useless.

@Opalium RTD won't revive DR :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

+1. I used !rtd on other Deathrun servers before and it was pretty fun to play around with.

• Like Like x 1