Accepted Rigged Weapons (Traitor Weapons)

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Dead Man Laughing, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Ya know how there's a T Suitcase that'll drop random T weps? Well maybe have that suitcase drop a random rigged t wep that you can drop

Unless you're talking about like any T wep that someone drops, with that perk, will go boom

• Like Like x 1
  2. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

That would just make it so innos never touch T weps again, and honestly just feels super OP.

What if instead it was a passive item in the credit shop, like body armor, that makes any T weps you buy/pick up explode on use? That way you can choose what items will cause the explosion, and its still a credit purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

So we could make it two different perks. A perk that activates the rigged t weapon on death with 10% chance upgrade-able up to 50% max. And a second perk that upgrades it to AOE damage.

Keep in mind that the perk would only work on traitor death and not weapons they actively drop.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dead Man Laughing

Dead Man Laughing Regular Member

That sounds like a decent compromise. Perhaps 50% might still deter people from picking up T weapons, but it can always be adjusted. I’d shoot for a 20 - 33% especially if it’s a permanent perk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

+1 but stop the radio slander

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

I think you're on the money here - but I also think the percentages need a reduction.

Keep in mind that by making it a more rare occurrence, it'll actually happen more because people will let their guard down. If I know the server is 25% full of VIPs who have a lot of point shop items maxed and there's a 50% chance of blowing up if it came from one of those people, I'm probably not touching it. I think 5 levels of 4% each (for 20% max) or 5% each (for 25% max) might be a little more workable.

One more thing to consider - should the AoE upgrade also make you immune to these type of AoE explosions? If that's even possible?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dead Man Laughing

Dead Man Laughing Regular Member

The main differences I’m seeing in the ideas is with a Credit bought item, you can strategically place a fake T weapon and hope that someone uses it. Whereas a perk will be a permanent chance that you get a nice ‘revenge’ kill if someone wants to risk putting your T weapon to use.

As long as the element of surprise is there, I’m all for whichever direction this Rigged T weapon goes. Innos be at their most vulnerable when they think they’re safe ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

This would be interesting but not always fun, is there anyway to make it so it only blows up if someone other then the killer of the traitor who purchased the item blew up (like you pull out a gauss rifle, I snipe you, and if someone else comes along and takes it first they would blow up if they used it but I could use it fine)? This way it could still be useful and not just a way to make your weapons unusable.
    Also I don't think damaging other players would be a good idea cause then someone who knew it was trapped could go into a crowd of people and kill multiple for fun,maybe if the explosion was more like an incend, instantly killing the user, but not an easy way to mass rdm.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

[​IMG]

This suggestion is being implemented for our Christmas Event!

Accepted!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.