Accepted Rigged Weapons (Traitor Weapons)

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Dead Man Laughing, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Man Laughing

Dead Man Laughing Regular Member

Disclaimer: I did not see any mention of this on the forums, but I may not have dug far enough. This is merely a 'what if' thought I had while at work. I appreciate all forms of feedback and thank you for reading.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Whenever a traitor is killed and he had purchased a traitor weapon, you usually see an innocent picking it up and holding it out/using it after announcing that they are proven and will be seen holding it.

But what if the traitor weapon found on the ground is not really what they think it is?

Rigged Traitor Weapons

A Traitor weapon that, like a Death Station, can be picked up and will mimic the look and name of a few select Traitor weapons that don't use normal ammo (Barrel Gun, Harpoon, Gauss Rifle, Jihad, C4, maybe even the Teleporter), and when used by an inno will create a controlled explosion much like the Gauss Rifle.

When a Traitor purchases this weapon, they will get a small menu on use to spawn (throw) the desired looking Traitor weapon on the ground.

Other traitors will be able to see that it is rigged, so they do not pick it up and use it by accident.

When a player uses the primary or secondary fire of the rigged weapon, it will explode (maybe even give it a short beep like a death station before exploding).

The reason I think it should be given the controlled explosion radius like that of the Gauss Rifle is because it is a mobile bomb, whereas the Death Station is sitting still unless slowly pushed. It should be able to kill the person using it, however just harm or possibly kill others based on how close they were to the player or how low their health was. (1 time use if exploded)

Why a weapon like this? Because Innocents love to pick up items like jihads and spam them, toss harpoons, or just fire off T weapons to bait or have fun.

Instead, they get blown up.

The only issue (I had thought of) with a weapon like this, is if the Inno using it is tagged as the one who caused damage, making him subject to karma loss or a slay. I am unsure if it can be changed so the Traitor who had spawned the Rigged weapon will be credited with the kill and damage to other innocents.

Other suggestions to help control possible RDM situations:

Traitor Chat Notification of Rigged Weapon being made/thrown, or Notification of which Player has picked it up.

Explosion so small, it will only kill the player using it, and not damage any others (because knives have only 1 use and they cost 1 credit). This would prevent any collateral damage RDM claims if Traitor's cannot be credited for the damage/kill.

This weapon is a love note to all the innos who pick up T weapons and use or spam them. Better watch out!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

I think this is a pretty hilarious to have t weps like this. Kinda like the unid'd explosive body T wep. Which that explosion radius is pretty decent. I say within a small radius, others could be hurt or killed.

I don't see where it could cause RDM? Since it is an explosion, and anyone reacting to it by shooting a random dude starin at a tiddy spray on the wall would jus be 100% RDM. Lol

+1

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

If you could make the rigged weapon do damage like the Malfunction Pistol then that would fix the inno being the one that gets tagged as the damager.
    If you hit someone with a malf pistol and then kill an inno it still says the T that shot the guy is the one that killed them and not the inno that was hit with it.
    +1

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

This sounds like a lot of fun +1

• Like Like x 1
  5. capri sun

capri sun VIP

This honestly sounds a really fun idea, a lot more doubt with the should/shouldn't I? +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

This would be super fun although would it clutter up the buy menu? Or maybe there could be a separate tab for them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dead Man Laughing

I would assume it would be like the Traitor Radio. And by assume I mean, I've never purchased the Traitor Radio and I think it has a separate tab for choosing the sound clips, right?

Another choice could be just limiting the Rigged weapon to 1 of two Traitor weapons (Left click for one, Right Click for the other). But then you'd have to figure out which two Traitor weapons would be the most enticing to use. My vote would be Jihad and Gauss Rifle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

This sounds cool, but uh, what would be the point of an innocent blowing up after using a jihad?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dead Man Laughing

I would say that the point would be having both the left and right mouse buttons activate the explosion. So innocents that like to run around the map spamming a Jihad to be funny would have another surprise in store as they immediately die instead.

Also as a note that I did not take into account, perhaps it would be best if the Rigged weapon immediate killed the person using it, and did not hurt others around them. The reasoning behind this would be to prevent any meta gaming if an innocent knows that it is a Rigged weapon, and immediately goes to explode on another innocent with that knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

Over 3k hours on Serious TTT and never bought the radio.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I like this idea but it might be a bit tricky to implement. What if instead of it being a traitor weapon, it is a perk that simply rigs your T weapons on death? Level 1: only blows up the player using it. Level 2: Explosion that will damage/kill players close by.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Make it so t buddies can still use your t weps, tho

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dead Man Laughing

That too would be a fun implement, but it would also make people extremely weary of picking up T weapons. Even T buddies unless they would have an immunity to it.

Perhaps if it was a % chance of it rigging and increasing % with a perk, that would be a roll-the-dice situation

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

+1 to that

+1 to that too

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Make it so it doesn't apply to c4 since innocents almost always pick those up and bring them to the detective after defusing them

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dead Man Laughing

I think it would apply more to weapons dropped by T’s instead of ones already planted. Therefore if an innocent got the ‘smart idea’ to pick up an unplanted C4 that currently holds no DNA, and place it hoping to arm it for 10 minutes as a joke, he goes boom instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

I feel like this would have to be a credit purchase on a per-round basis rather than a points purchase though - otherwise so many people will have it that nobody innocent will ever even try to use a traitor item again, and there’s some fun in doing that.

If it’s a more rare occurrence, it’s much more likely to be A) hilarious when it happens and B) still leave innos trying their luck on a regular basis.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

Yeah, making it a % chance thing would mitigate this a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

+1

20. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

True. If it’s a low %, I could definitely see that being a way to make it a point purchase as opposed to credits.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.