Riding off into the sunset...

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by The Infamous Doc Holiday, May 9, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

Regardless, I am still [​IMG]

It's been a fun 4 years, actually more than that, cus I was a weeb on the servers for awhile before "joining" the community here.

I don't own a lot of video games, and I can say that, from the moment I saw gameplay vids of TTT, I knew, "I need to buy GMOD!" So, I did, and then I endured a few weeks of pink and black checkered maps before coughing up the $20 for CSS :pompus:looks down nose at those who downloaded textures:pompus: Over the last few years, I would think, "Man, I am bored; maybe I should buy *insert game here*." Then I would remember, "I've got SGmod! Who needs new games?" So, as far as my time spent gaming goes, I have enjoyed my time here more than any other game. Of all the hours of my life spent gaming, I will remember those playing SGM most fondly.

And it goes without saying that a large part of why is because of the community. I know I am not the only one who booted up GMOD and joined the servers as much or more to socialize as to actually play the game.

This sounds nerdy, but I am a busy person, and I have never spent much time going out to to make friends. Maybe that's not a good thing, but I never saw the need. Now that I am a businessman, I meet more people in the context of my work, and I am cool with that. I'm not the kind of guy who goes out for the fun of it, I need a purpose. Maybe someday I'll find somebody special to spend my days with, but it isn't today, and it won't be for a long time.

That said, I had fun meeting and spending time with all the great people in this community. No other servers compare, and are just empty feeling without the community aspect we have here. The funny moments in game are only funny because of the people who we shared them with. And there were many times where I was like, "Shit, I should've had that recorded", and then I realized, these memories are more special without being blasted around. We all know what a good time we had together.

It also goes without saying that none of this would've been possible without the hard work of a few people, and they really deserve a hand. Without @Highwon & @Opalium (and others) this whole thing would never have been. They gave it to us, and we all reaped the benefit of their hard work. Thank you.

And it would all have fallen apart if it weren't for the good people we have and have had as staff. I was recently on a server with a friend and that server was specifically formed by people who didn't appreciate the whole "serious" aspect. They thought it killed the game and wanted a more "casual" approach. Well...there is a reason we have over half a dozen servers with the best bunch of content around, and a thriving forum community. The order provided by the whole "serious" thing is the reason we are still around and still fun. So, here is where I apologize to all the good peeps I said "badmin" to. Good job, and thank you!

As for me, I have got more pressing things on my plate. Between running my farm and trying to sleep, there isn't a lot of time to spend half the night with you good folks. And as @nigel benn recently said, I don't get the high out of playing video games anymore that I used to. I left home a month before my 18th bday to start on this first stage in my life's work, and I thoroughly enjoy it, and spending time playing video games hurts my performance at my work, and I can't have fun when that happens. This isn't about anybody here; I love you all! It's just that this doesn't work for me anymore. To be positive, I would like to think that I am a better person for my time here; I think I have learned some things here that are valuable to me in the real world.

It saddens me that we have significantly less population here than when I squeezed in 4 years ago, and I am sorry to make that one less, but I am confident this community will live on, and I believe it will see another Golden Age. Good things come to those that wait! As far as TTT goes, I believe this place is the bar by which all others are judged, and as long as people want to play TTT, I know SGM will be there, the light at the end of the tunnel, the City On a Hill.

So, Doc will not be around in game anymore. I don't think I will be around in any game. Maybe I will pop in to say hi and see what's going on once in a great while, maybe on holidays and such. But I won't be regular anymore.

On the other hand, of late, I have been happier through my time on the forums than in game. I have a few threads/posts I will probably be making soon, and will probably be on the forums from time to time when I have something to share or want to see whats hopping. But you won't catch me around much.

Tagging all the peeps that come to mind. If I miss somebody, don't worry. Consider yourself tagged :happy:

@Sweer glad to see you made it here buddy
    @Fortune Cookie stay cool
    @Destiny Blade u2
    @Daddy Nexxus u make me laugh u rascal
    @HelixSpiral memes4eva
    @The Memelord all hail the king
    @wink u sly dog :p
    @MasterTbaiter & @MangoTango thx for ur service, stay safe, have fun
    @rob the sasquatch been fun man. cya again sometime mebbe
    @Panda With a Gun fav admin. dont fall :panda:
    @olivia +1 for level headed and maturity. ur quite refreshing. luvubye:kiss:
    @Ariasaurus resident wordsmith. ur sweet
    @A Slightly Ferocious Cat just met u. bye :sneakylove:
    @Vasili K^ gg man
    @Jabba the Slut gl man. u got talent
    @FoxPac pacfox :hilarious:

This took me awhile to write. Worth it though.

Thank you all again. Farewell till we meet again. Good luck, have fun, and God Bless you.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

So long space cowboy.

3. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Guess you're taking a.... Holiday ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cya dude

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Aw man. This one hurts.

Take care dude. We've had a lot of fun times on the servers. Hope to see you back someday. :)

5. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

u2.
    Sad to see you leaving dude. Honestly was always a fun time to have you on the server. Add me on steam if you haven't and I'm always down to chat. As far as the future may hold I only wish the best.

6. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Sorry but like most of these "leaving" letters...

Denied. Try again in 5 years

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

ill miss you fam, best of wishes!!