Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Discussion in 'Round-End Songs' started by Juice Juice™, Jan 20, 2018.

?

Well?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. Traitor Round

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Inno Round

10.5%
  4. No

57.9%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Time Out Song, 1:42-2:01

Think about it seriously for a moment. It fits so well. Both ironically and un-ironically.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    • Old x 4
    • Dumb x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I feel like I just got rick rolled just by clicking the thread. Honestly as funny as this would be I dont think it would fit. -1

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

But, a time-out is kind of a trollish thing most of the time, intentional or not. Plus, the lyrics imply the T's who delays were in love with the Innos. Overall, it's the perfect mockery, which is what delayer's need and often deserve.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

5. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Seeing as rick rolling is at least 11 years old, I'm going to say no. It might relate to some extent but I don't feel like it should be on the servers. I don't think anything that is related to memes or was popular in the past should be. Like for instance it's like saying Nickelback should be one of the end-round songs..

6. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

above comments

7. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

8. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

Not even available in germany but still -1

9. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

why -1 because of rick roll? it's a dope ass fucking song. Memes aside, honestly. I mean the song was never sung life until 2016...and used some cheap ass techno influenced beats, but it's not that bad.

for me, hell yes, i support this. It's a great song.

10. Juice Juice™

So because memes no? It still fits, better than a lot of songs I see on here, even without all the connotations on it. It is still good music, fitting lyrics, and the style fits the tone of the server. And if we barred anything because it was popular, that gets rid of like, 90% of our server's songs

11. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -1

12. It could be worse. +1

13. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I do agree the song is better than some we have in rotation, but It's too involved into memes. Most people think of rick rolling when they see the video. They don't think, "This is a great song" they feel like they're back in 2010. It's just too joked about to get my +1 in all honesty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Juice Juice™

But that's the other part about why it works so well. The meme is all about how people hate it, and how you have been tricked/fooled. Which is exactly what a delayed round song needs! Plus, nobody would expect it to suddenly pop up on this server.