Rejected Revert the Rule Allowing the Use of Slurs

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Aug 25, 2019.

?

Revert the rule?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I just cannot see how its helpful to allow these slurs is all. How can it be better to allow people to make others openly feel uncomfortable? I can't see a black or gay player wanting to stay around a community that is cool with derogatory slurs towards them. Also, what about people who would just rather not hear these slurs? Surely it wasn't difficult for Moderators and Admins to deal with this shit before when it wasn't allowed, and surely allowing these words only makes the experience worse for most people who aren't the 14 year olds saying it. I don't know, I just don't get the point. I don't see what problem this solves or any benefits that come from this.

Also, freedom of speech is a non-issue here because you're not being stopped from saying things by a government by laws, rather a private service with rules. I would imagine most people would like to play video games without hearing racial slurs every 20 seconds but hey maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Logic and reasoning is lost on people like this. I have no idea why Highwon feels the need to cater to these retards.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Peter

Peter VIP

rules for thee but not for me

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Maybe people should start spamming sand nigger and he'll feel differently

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

I think regardless of your stance on the subject, everyone will continue playing on the servers, so ultimately what can be done? No one here is going to hop over to Moat because of this change, so theres no need for the change to be reverted. Thats the unfortunate truth. Logic, empathy, rationality, and love thrown into the gutter for epic gamer moments :(

Edit: If you mark this as dumb, I will personally end you.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Oh so because he’s not black slurs toward him would be okay to you?

They are either all bad or none are bad pick one.

Shit like this is why I’m so against banning the N word or F word. Like tf is wrong with y’all just because the dude is a Mario doesn’t mean slurs towards his people aren’t just as meaningful as nigger, my niggers.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Truest shit I’ve seen on this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Unfortunately for at least one of the defenders of this rule the following reason says we need to keep the rule:

- Funny to watch 'liberal snowflakes cry'
    - You shouldn't get triggered for other people
    - Stop caring about civility on an internet community
    - It's better to not answer if racism/homophobia is bad but rather continue to instigate the issue for lols

Air tight logic if you ask me might as well break down some more rules at that rate.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

im so offended on the behalf of all blacks and gays!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Python~

They're not.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

thats pretty racist for you to think that its worse just because theyre black

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Salem

Salem VIP

why would we even take the trolls thoughts into consideration? Its pretty obvious who just wants to make as many people as uncomfortable as possible/who enjoys trolling the shit out of people vs people who want to just play the game without hearing slurs every 2 seconds/people who are uncomfortable hearing slurs.

you can very easily see just by this thread alone who enjoys being antagonistic and that that's their main reason behind not wanting a change, no matter how much they try and hide behind a "just dont get offended" mindset. It's not practical to just scream "don't get offended" while also doing everything you can think of to make people uncomfortable. And learning what makes people tick so you can continue doing it.

Not everyone in the world is going to be okay with hearing slurs, and that's okay. We shouldn't be catering to the small percentage of people who aren't bothered. The community should be a welcome place for everybody and it just isn't right now.

Just not sure why we're catering to the people who WANT to try and upset people vs the people who just want to enjoy their time here as well as ensure everyone else can too. When did we start bending over and taking shit from trolls?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Because @MemeDaddy is white trash.
    Too late, I already did so come at me bro! Also, just because you're a gamer doesn't mean you have to be or even try to be shitty excuse of a human being.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Sure seems like its the popular thing though these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Tfw not white, but thank you :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

You can blame Gamergate for that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Grumble

Grumble VIP

So basically people who throw Italian slurs at me, is not as bad as someone throwing slurs at a black person?

And this is why I don't support this line of thinking because your argument is purely subjective of the matter in question.

If you want slurs removed fine, but make sure it's all slurs, not just a select few.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Jack$on

Jack$on well damn jackie i can't control the weather VIP Bronze

I agree with this, but if we were to make all slurs against the rules we would be here for fucking days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Python~

That's completely fine. That's literally the point of this suggestion.

I'm just disagreeing with 1. that guinea holds the same weight as nigger (it doesn't, imo) and 2. that not all people will be offended by slurs the same way other people are.

Edit: these are my opinions, and has nothing to do with the suggestion itself.

Never did I say that 'guinea' is an "ok" slur. Dont put words in my mouth.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Peter

Peter VIP

how many people have you called black trash?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.