Returning rewards.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Qwesi, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

" Probably a bad idea, but. "

Returning rewards CONCEPT 1:

So everyday players get a reward for playing on the server. This could be anything from a free T/D round, to a few points. The requirements for getting this reward could vary depending on the reward, for example:

Maybe just a base 50 - 100 points daily for hopping on the server.

Free T/D round - Play for five consecutive rounds of TTT.
    175 points - Win three rounds as either a Traitor or Detective.
    100 points - Survive three rounds as Innocent.

Returning rewards CONCEPT 2:

This one is pretty similar to the first concept, except this is used in lots of games as a way to get players to stick to their servers and get on daily. Everyday you would receive a reward for hopping on one of the servers, and playing a few rounds. The next day if you get on and play a few rounds, the reward increases. It increases everyday until the end of the week in which you get a large reward for playing on the server.

Example: Day 1 - 50 points, Day 2 - 100 points, Day 3 - 150 points, Day 4 - 200 points, Day 5 225 points, Day 6 - 250 points, Day 7 - 500 points, maybe two free T or D rounds, would have to brainstorm.

--

The Pros and The Cons:

Pros:

1. This would give players a daily income of points to spend in various ways. E.g. Putting them towards lottery tickets, buying guns or grenades, buying T/D rounds, etc.

2. New players seeing these "Daily Log-In Rewards" or "Daily / Weekly Quest" type things might be enticed to engage with the server more frequently.

3. It would give players activities to accomplish each game besides the standard. While these quests simply outline the standard gameplay "Win as a T" or "Survive as an Inno", people might be more willing to play seriously if there is a reward for doing so.

Cons:

1. This would have to be programmed into the server, and would take time away from developing and improving the server in other ways such as new content updates, bug fixes, etc.

2. People might think that this could be abused to quickly stock up points and purchase a load of lottery tickets.

--

Yes, I have my own criticisms of this idea.
    I understand that maybe this is just a useless idea that doesn't need to be implemented into the servers. I've just seen people mentioning that the servers populations aren't as grand as they used to be, and I was hoping to suggest an idea that could potentially fix that.

If you have any suggestions for how to improve on this idea, let me know. If you don't like this idea, let me know, but please let me know why.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

Much as I agree with the idea,

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/complete-tasks-for-points.43530

It'd seem the idea of achievements and such has been floating around already, and it doesn't look like it's gonna be happening, at least right now.

Would definitely be nice if players had a little incentive to get on, having one server to pick from at a time can get kinda annoying. Hard to say no to a free T round now and then, too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

+1, I like it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Gimme points +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I like concept 2 more but the rewards need to be toned down a bit and it should require you to play for an entire map.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. pretty sure you don't need any more t rounds nyra :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. and +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

+1. Time to create a afk bot :^)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

It's only 1500 points in a period of a week.
    I don't think it's that crazy

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I assumed the reward would stay the same after the 7th day so people are encouraged to keep playing daily

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

Oh okay, I understand.
    Well hopefully it would reset from the beginning each week

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Exominem

Exominem Supporter

Sounds like a great suggestion! Would be nice to have something like this on the server, +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Darragh

Darragh VIP

+1

EDIT: I mean, an idea to make people come online more consistantly could be;

You join on a day. Lets call it X. Every consecutive day increases X by one. If you miss a day, it resets. The Limit is a month, then it auto resets. Lets use the formula

2^x/2.5

If I can write it better

.....x/2.5

Two to the power of ecks divided by two point five.

So On the first day you'll get 1.32 points, on the final day, 4096 points. So like it adds up and you get rewards for coming back every day.

Not too many, but still, it adds up. Thats all Ive to say.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  16. I'm happy for this to be added if spectators get kicked from the game as a whole for a while to stop idiots from farming points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

Maybe a little to over-the-top on the amount they get ( at the end ), but nevertheless a good idea.

18. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

So this definitely survived Mass Decline 2018 by Opal. Maybe it will be looked in to?

19. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I actually like this idea. +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Reda-Lex

Reda-Lex sup, China ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)/ Administrator VIP

Your idea n°2 is a good one, it will help a lot to get more regular player on the server. Maybe instead of giving the player an exact number of point, Make him spin a wheel to earn a random reward 1 day : 50 point(Common) or 1 T/D round(rare) or 1000 points(rare) or a Supporter/VIP rank(Extremelly rare), 2 consecutive days : 100 points or (Same as day 1)etc....
    This is going to be more interesting(But slightly harder to make).

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1