!respond can be used for ghosting

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Peter Parker, Jul 25, 2015.

1. I killed someone for shooting at another player. The person reported me. I typed !respond to get the report out of the way and in his report, he told me: I was shooting at (player's name). He's the traitor! RDM!

Remove the !respond command to prevent accidental ghosting. You should only be able to answer to reports when the round is over.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Nah. I tend to forget who I killed and when to give myself a valid reason for doing so
    If I kill someone near the beginning of the round and they report for RDM, chances are I'll forget why I killed them at the end of it and not be able to defend myself

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Don't do !Respond.

Srsly though, you can pretty much just set this to not be available when alive
    but tbh staff members can ghost by seeing a shootout then seeing "New Report" pretty much tells you it was inno on inno...

So swings and roundabouts

4. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

I see what you mean, though most players don't use the command if it can lead to ghosting it might not be a bad idea to remove it.

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This is a pretty good find. However, as someone that usually types !respond as soon as I'm reported, I usually only see a blank report or just RDM. This may be a benefit outweighs the risk thing.

6. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Ive seen this happen before. It is rarely used in such a case and sometimes some players just go, "How was I suppose to know?"

As mods can see this directly, they would get busted pretty hard for ghosting if done right infront of staff. This isn't hard to catch if using the RDM Manager to try and ghost.

7. Arcanius

Arcanius Oh, you like it there VIP

Nvm, read yer suggestion wrong lol

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  8. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

Realize that the reason you stated it is for the same reason it could be for having someone say Hey I killed someone when they didn't.

Otherwise the !respond command is WAY too useful for me.