Resigning

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Noob999, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

This is just a quick note about why I am resigning.
    I feel the way leaking case against Temar was mishandled from the start.
    The website logs clearly showed a login was made on temar's acount from the same IP as piexls.
    This is very odd as they live on the other side of the world from each other.
    Highwon jumped the gun on banning temar. After 11 days temar manged to clear his name and get unbanned.
    Temar should of been giving his admin role back and let him make up his mind about where or not he wanted to stay.
    None of this would of happen if temar did not write the player checker tool. Which all staff ended up using, as the ones on SGM are somewhat useless.

Highwon has been missing inaction for the whole time I have been here as staff. He does not talk to players, he very rarely talks to mods and will talk to Admins infrequently. I know by that point Highwon was in backend role, Looking after the servers and the money. Leaving the running of the SGM community to the Lead Admins.

Highwon hates updating software or adding improvements to the servers. It was not until Opalium turned up that we got many updates. RDM manager update. Adding back a deathsence tool to the RDM manager. Yes dear staff we handled RDM reports back the day without deathsences and yes the loopholes loved it. Other changes like the gun rebalance were a good idea but were not tested properly. In the end Opalium left SGM to start his own failed community, which died a death of unstable servers and having too many of SGM's castoffs. AKA banned players.

Opalium did help save SGM from dying of bitrot but left SGM code base unstable. When the servers all crash 5 or 6 times a day. You loss player count and uptime. So you do not get random players joining as you are not high up in the TTT listing ranks. Highwon could not fix the code base. So he rolled it back to pre-Opalium added back the new RDM manger and deathsence.

I have been a staff member since Feb 3, 2016 and I have always said I'm going to stay for as long as I'm having fun.
    Well this stopped sometime ago.
    I made my plans to leave after the outcome with Temar and Dazza was known.
    My guess is Highwon does not have the time or skill to improve the servers and he can not trust anyone to help him after what happen.

Take care and try not to RDM or be toxic without me :)

• Friendly x 27
    • Winner x 8
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

I'll miss you noob
    take care

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Cya boyo, take care <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

will you respond to my convo now?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. ba bye

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Ill miss you buddy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

So first of all, thanks for offering your time to this community, fairly certain no one will ever top your record. I'll be honest, I felt like you were disconnected from the community, especially back when Haruka was around and you guys used to have a huge pact together which was unfair because it sometimes made it seem like you were both above the rules compared to everyone else. You still stayed for an insanely long time and helped where you could so good on you for that mate. I remember when you trained me the first time, it was honestly quite hilarious and it's something I look back at positively.

Just my opinion on the other things you brought up:

The whole Temar ordeal was really weird honestly, I kinda feel like Highwon just doesn't want to take any chances there but it's leaning more to the paranoid side in my opinion. As for the Dazza one, I don't know what those accusations were about to be honest but I guess everyone should take that as a lesson to be careful what you say as it can be taken very literally, especially considering the weird ass shit that happened in this community's past.

Opalium was very optimistic with all the workload, guy was a great person honestly but it all came crumbling down due to him trying to be a machine. Not talking about @Machinekiller00, the only actual machine in this community is @Agent A if you guys remember his staff tenure. :eek: But yeah, other communites have a whole dev team, he was literally the dev team along with Pixel, even though I don't like what Pixel did you can't deny that he also contributed quite a lot to Dev work but sadly this used to be overlooked too. So in total you've got 2 guys that need to dedicate their whole life to fixing this place, yeah... He probably thought Crescent would be a fresh start with things his way but I'd imagine he was burntout and there wasn't much of a playerbase left.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

you kept to yourself a lot but the day I got promo’d and I was in the vc with y’all I learned you’re a funny and kind person. you were a good admin and thanks for staying as long as ya did

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

Ah i guess he spilled his tea 3: . Bye ma boi

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

See ya man, Don't be a stranger <3

• Like Like x 1
  11. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

I would lie if I said I was suprised to see this one coming.
    The 2 staffmembers you preffered to staff with have both been demoted due to some big accusations. And I could imagine how unfun that would make it for you to staff.
    Though I would have hoped for you to make friends with some of the newer staffmembers and find a way to have fun again. I also understand how you feel about this whole ordeal and why you lost faith in the big guy.

Take care Boyo, dont be afraid to hit us up tho if you want to play some games or RDM me again oAo

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

When I first joined staff I had this feeling: This dawg is going to be lead one day. Sadly I was wrong a year ago.
    Almost 1,5 year later i rejoined staff, you were one of the reasons i wanted to return as staff, @dazza was a first reason >.< (don't hate me peeps).

A good 2 years ago you were the only admin i saw online. Always scared to do something stupid or fuck up in front of you. A few months ago i had the pleasure of joining your team and making a second attempt to take you from your throne of longest staff member. Sadly I will never beat that record. You put a lot of hours and dedication in your position, I hope you will remind yourself of the great time you once had.

I hope you will not be a stranger.

PS I will soooo RDM you!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Minimelt

Minimelt The Ice Cream Dream VIP

I'm gonna miss seeing you on the team, you were a good man to talk with and you were a good admin to me. Even though you weren't the most active, you always made sure you checked up on my progress and told me what I needed to do differently. Best of luck in the future, hopefully you play a bit more without the complications of being staff intruding. Playing as just a player.

Many harpoons will be thrown in your name today

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

how dare u talk negative about HIGHWON !BANNED!

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

F

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You have been staff for a very long time Noob. In fact, you and me were actually promoted to moderator by the same admin. No doubt he is very proud of what we both became, well, if he still cares about this place (which I doubt he does). In my time as admin and as moderator I always just saw you as the rock of the staff team. While you were often closed off to the rest of the team, I was always told by the lead admins that you were a good admin for your team, and the fact that you guys were so close and lasted so long is a testament to that fact. For all our disagreements, I just want to say that I respect you staying for as long as you did.

Seeya later Noob.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. .shirt

.shirt VIP

See you later noob, all good tings come to an end

• Like Like x 1
  18. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

:cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

When I stopped seeing you in Noobs Corner, I figured this was happening.

And I agree, that whole Temar situation was a shit show from the start and made me sick to my stomach. Never deserved the ban, and did a whole fucking lot for this community without ever being asked. Temars staff tools were damn awesome, and nobody ever asked him to make them, he did it because he wanted to make life easier for everyone. And what's he get for it? An unjust ban and demotion. Absolutely awful way to treat someone who's done a whole lot for this community.

We never saw eye to eye. But you can take this fat "F" to pay my respects.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

preach

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.